After Crossing Over to the Republic of China, I've Become a Heartthrob Chapter 43E

Ling Junde


I was lying on the hospital bed, looking at the snow-white ceiling, when I turned my head and saw someone lying on the next bed.

It was none other than Ling Junde.

My mind was blank, I didn't expect to see him again after such a long time.

I was worried that he might not know me, or have anything to do with the past in the Republic of China.

But when he opened his eyes and looked at me, an oppressive feeling of being intimidated by a boss washed over him, and the first thing he said to me was: "I thought everything was over."

I was relieved.

I said to him, "The past is over, now it's a new beginning."

The plot of the story is very cliche.

On my first day of school as an English teacher, I was hit by a car in front of my alma mater, A City Foreign Language School, due to a thunderstorm.

The person who hit me was none other than Ling Junde.

The original Ling Junde has gone to the Republic of China, and the current Ling Junde is the Ling Junde I know from the Republic of China.

Now, the Ling Junde is here as the president of the Keming Group.

Keming Group is an import/export company, so they're pretty rich.

At first, Ling Junde was not quite used to the modern business model, and his style of doing things was a bit wild.

I specifically told him that the modern society is under the rule of the law, you do not want to mess around with your work, otherwise you will be sent to the police station!

Ling Junde frowned: "How about you come to me as an assistant and translator?"

I said, "I'm an English teacher now."

"You're a teacher, but it's 9 to 5, what about weekends and evenings?"

"Boss, I'll die a sudden death."

"Then just quit your job and I'll pay you ten times your salary."

Although I was madly tempted, my morals as a teacher made me reject him with determination: "Let me finish the semester, or the students and parents will come to my house with knives."

"You can move into my house, I have plenty of bodyguards."

"? No, thanks."

"My place is huge, lots of rooms, Wi-Fi, three meals a day, hotel-style butler service."

"Okay Boss, I'll come."

Since I moved to Ling Junde's house, my perception of him has gone up a few notches.

He once told me that risk and return always go hand in hand. 

Ordinary people are always more prudent and will only take action when they are sixty or seventy percent confident about an investment.

But he is a risk taker, a gambler, often reckless in the areas and opportunities he saw.

He is a strong learner and extremely disciplined.

He wakes up at 5:30 every day to work out, and once I wake up at 6:00 in the morning to read, with messy hair and a pair of sleepy eyes, just out of the door, I can see his eight-pack abs that just finished working out.

Early in the morning, the impact is indescribable, and I had a nosebleed in a hopeless way.

He laughed at me before, I said, "Sorry, I'm on fire."

Ling Junde pulled out a tissue and wiped it for me: "You should exercise more."

"No time!" I said to him, "I'm busy everyday. "

Ling Junde asked, "What do you want for breakfast?"

I have no resistance to a man with a strong body, and I can't help it if he's not properly dressed properly and is hanging around in front of me like this, so I said, "Put on your clothes first then talk."

"What's wrong with this?"

"How is this not a problem? Modern society is the rule of law, as a modern young man with male morals, you can't show what you have."

"This is my home, I'm in my own home, why can't I?"

Forget it, it doesn't make sense to him.

I angrily drew a few more tissues.

"Shi Yao, you're really funny."

"Shut up, I'm going to teach my students."

"How much longer do you have until the end of the semester, anyway?"

"Soon."

Ling Junde said, "I need a private English tutor."

"What are you learning English for? It's useless."

"I'm interested in expanding into the international trade market."

"All you have to do is offer a few thousand dollars for an internship, and you can have your pick of all the English majors in A City."

"That's different, I need to master this tool myself. I need to understand the other party's mind." Ling Junde said, "Low-level business is dumping, high-level business is culture, thinking and psychology,"

It seems to make sense, he was worthy of being a big boss: "Then you'll have to pay me three times my salary."

"Why triple?"

"Assistant, translator and teacher."

"I'll pay ten times that if you want."

"Ten times three, that's thirty times."

"Shi Yao," interrupted Ling Junde with a good-natured smile, "I can also offer a hundred times, a thousand times, to personally teach you to experience earthly pleasures."

"? No thanks, I have to go to work."

To be honest, Ling Junde has a great figure, which is my favourite type.

He's also great in bed, with an aesthetic of violence and excitement.

The only drawback is that I am very tired after we have fun and have a lot of marks that are hard to cover up. He doesn't care about the fact that I have to be a teacher the next day!

Whenever I complained about this, he was indifferent.

I should have told you to quit, he said.

As students, they should know what to look at and what not to look at, he said.

If they are minors, they should mind their own business and not pry into the teacher's gossip; if they are adults, they should know how to respect the teacher's privacy and shut up. This is what he said.

"Are you not enjoying yourself?" He asked me.

Ahem, does that make sense?

I want to quit tomorrow.

At the end of the semester, I resigned from the school and became Ling Junde's personal assistant at Keming Group.

No matter where he was, no matter what kind of business he was talking about, he always had a pioneering spirit and an adventurous spirit of not giving in.

I always advised him, "'University' says, Keming Junde. 'University' also says, to stop, to know where to stop. Occasionally, you should be a little bit more Buddhist, and you should know how to enjoy life." (Angel: University is a Confucian prose. Keming Junde means to promote bright moral character, and to stop, to know what to stop means that people should know their own moral boundaries and codes of conduct, and know when do something and when to not do something.)

Maybe it was because of the life-and-death experience in the Republic of China that he finally accepted my proposal.

We travelled a lot together and tried all kinds of extreme sports all over the world.

One time we went to the snowy mountains of Switzerland.

At night, he said to me, "When you're far away, there's a good balance between static and dynamic, and the wind and snow are at peace." 

———

For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you. Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning.

Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun,

So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth.

And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course.

(On Love, Gibran Kahlil Gibran)

———

The end

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

I was definitely rooting for Ling Junde to be the one Shi Yao ended up with, so I'm glad we saw him come back to life and have a happy ending.

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: July 16, 2023

Comments