Dr. Ou's Psychotherapy Extra 2

On-Site Teaching by Dr. Ou


Since becoming Yi Zhize's assistant, Ou Tingyun has been running to Ruizheng Law Office whenever he could.

After a while, Ou Tingyun had a sudden thought and said to Yi Zhize, "Ze Ze, do you want to study psychology?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I don't have the time."

"I'll teach you, it won't take much time each day."

"No."

Ou Tingyun pretended to be aggrieved, "Ze Ze, I've studied law for you, can't you study psychology for me?"

"Dr. Ou, I didn't ask you to study law, that was your rightful compensation to me after you stopped me from recruiting an assistant."

"Then you should make it up to me too."

"I have not shortchanged you."

"Why not?" Ou Tingyun said, "I go to the law firm every day to be with you, why can't you come to the hospital to be with me?"

"Dr. Ou, is there anything to accompany you with at work?"

"Of course!" Ou Tingyun insisted, "Whatever I do will be more efficient with Ze Ze by my side."

"So it's not that you want me to study psychology, you just want me to go to work with you?"

"Is that not allowed?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I don't have the time."

"That's all an excuse," Ou Tingyun said seriously, "Ze Ze, from a professional psychological point of view, long hours of intense work are very detrimental to your physical and mental health. As your psychiatrist, I suggest you take tomorrow off."

Yi Zhize: ......

9 AM the next day.

A City Medical University Hospital, psychology and psychiatry department.

You Shirui had just opened her computer and filed her documents when she raised her eyes and saw Ou Tingyun walking this way: "Good morning, Mr. Ou!"

"Good morning." Ou Tingyun was in a good mood.

When she saw Yi Zhize behind him, You Shirui was surprised, "Mr. Yi! It's been a long time."

"Mhmm." Yi Zhize said, "Good morning."

"Are you here for a follow-up visit?"

"What follow-up visit?" Ou Tingyun rolled up the information sheet and tapped You Shirui on the head, "He's long since recovered."

"Oh oh yes, sorry."

"Now," Ou Tingyun smiled, "he's my personal disciple."

"Huh? Oh." You Shirui said, "You guys really know how to play."

Ou Tingyun squinted, "What did you say?"

"No, I mean, that's great. I suddenly remembered that I have to go to a morning meeting. Mr.

Ou, Mr. Yi, I'll leave you to it, bye."

Entering the office, Ou Tingyun closed the door and sat down at the desk, "Ze Ze, let me teach you how to read the SCL-90 psychological assessment form."

Yi Zhize approached and stood beside him.

"Come closer." Ou Tingyun wrapped his arm around his waist, "The Symptom Self Assessment Scale SCL-90 is one of the world's most famous mental health testing scales and is currently the most widely used outpatient screening scale for mental disorders and mental illness..."

"Dr. Ou," Yi Zhize pressed the unruly hand at the side of his waist, "when you teach, there's no need to..."

"Ze Ze, I only do this to you."

"It's morning."

"So what? We can do the assessment while..."

"No."

"Be obedient."

"No."

"Ze Ze? Please, okay?"

Yi Zhize: ......

"It's been my wish for years."

"Only this time."

———

Yi Xi's Psychology Class.

Mental health scales: SCL-90 Symptom Self Assessment Scale, Zung Self-Rating Depression

Scale, Zung Self-Rating Anxiety Scale, Cornell CMI Self-Assessment

Personality scales: EPQ Eysenck Questionnaire, MMPI Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory, Cattell's 16PF Personality Inventory.

Occupational scales: Gallup Q12 Index, MBTI Occupational Personality, Holland Occupational Themes, PDP Personality Test.

Marriage and Family Scales: Locke-Wallace Marital Adjustment Measure, Olson's Marital Satisfaction Questionnaire, Life Events Scale.

Dr. ZZJ: So when exactly are you going to take the psychological qualifications?

Yi Xi: Teacher Zhu, I'll start reading tomorrow wu wu wu.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: February 20, 2023

Comments