Dr. Ou's Psychotherapy Extra 3

Dr. Ou's Painting Exhibition Encounter


A City, International Art Exchange Centre, 8:50 AM.

Yi Zhize had some case files to deal with, but Ou Tingyun insisted on dragging him to see a painting exhibition called [Treasure - Human/Body/Art], which didn't sound serious.

Yi Zhize had no interest in paintings, but Ou Tingyun insisted, "Art is an extension of the psyche, an exposure of the subconscious, a lubricant for the emotional life, a physical communication..."

Yi Zhize interrupted him, "Dr. Ou, if we had known each other a few years earlier, I would have persuaded you to transfer to the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Law."

"That's great," Ou Tingyun wrapped his arms around his waist and whispered in his ear, "If I could be classmates with Ze Ze, I'd give up medicine for literature in a heartbeat."

Although he was flattered, he pretended to be unfazed, and Yi Zhize changed the subject,

"What's so special about this art exhibition?"

Ou Tingyun's eyes lit up as he said with a smile, "This artist is an internationally renowned painter and this exhibition, a tribute to his beloved, is perfect for us to see together."

Yi Zhize looked at the introduction on the ticket:

Ji Xiuyuan, internationally renowned artist and senior art advisor to the Central Academy of Fine Arts.

Recipient of the Alexander Rutsch Award for Painting.

Recipient of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres, the French Medal of Arts and Letters.

The list went on and on, and it seemed that he was a heavyweight.

But what he really didn't expect was that the content of the exhibition would be so...

The first painting, entitled Punishment, depicted the punishment of heretics by the mediaeval church.

The young man in the painting was dressed in a plain white pilgrim's robe, the light and shadows revealing a beautiful figure, and his right hand, adorned with a silver cross, was bound to a shadowy tabletop.

It was clearly an elegant painting by a world-class artist, yet there was an overwhelming sense of ambiguity and tenderness.

Yi Zhize looked at the face of the man in the painting and thought it looked a little familiar.

"Mr. Yi?"

Yi Zhize came back to his senses. He looked at the person in front of him, then at the painting, then at the person, and he almost doubted that this person had walked out of the painting! Surprised as he was, he still nodded politely and said, "Mr. Liang."

"Wow, Mr. Yi, it's really you, what a coincidence!" Liang Jin smiled brightly, and his enthusiasm seemed to be infectious: "You came to see the exhibition too? If I had known you were coming, I would have given you a VVVVVVIP private ticket!"

"Ze Ze, who is this?"

"Xiao Jin, this is?"

Two voices rang out at the same time, and Ou Tingyun and Ji Xiuyuan looked at each other with a murderous aura.

"Tingyun, this is the director of Tian Han Group, Mr. Liang Jin, my former client."

"Yuan Yuan! He's Mr. Yi! Mr. Yi! The Barrister Yi I once mentioned to you! I consulted him for many of Tian Han's legal issues!"

Ou Tingyun smiled, "Nice to meet you, I'm Ze Ze's lover."

Ji Xiuyuan returned the compliment, "Nice to meet you, I'm Xiao Jin's husband."

Ou Tingyun: "Ze Ze is my personal legal advisor and I am his personal psychiatrist."

Ji Xiuyuan: "Xiao Jin is the exclusive model for my paintings and I am his exclusive royal painter."

Ou Tingyun: "My family's Ze Ze is the top lawyer in A City, but he needs me to personally put him to sleep every night."

Ji Xiuyuan: "My family's Xiao Jin is the top model in A City, and we exchange art all night every night."

Ou Tingyun: "Please tell your family not to contact Ze Ze in the future, he's very busy." Ji Xiuyuan: "Please tell your family that Xiao Jin is also very busy, so don't disturb him."

Yi Zhize & Liang Jin: ?

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

This chapter gives a sneak peak at the characters from the next novel I am translating, Exclusive Model for the Top Painter, by the same author. I am in the process of translating it, about 35% of the way done with it at the moment, and it will be my next project to upload.

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: February 20, 2023

Comments