After Crossing Over to the Republic of China, I've Become a Heartthrob Chapter 25

Exchange You for Him


It was early in the morning when he returned to the Song family residence.

When he saw Song Liao, who had been reduced to a prisoner, his heart was full of sorrow.

They looked at each other for a moment, but no one spoke.

Shi Yao had never imagined, nor had he ever seen, such a despondent Song Liao.

It was as if the sun was burning brightly, but it was covered by dark clouds and had lost its former glory.

But Song Yuan was still as elegant as ever: "What should I do with him, Yao'er?"

Shi Yao wanted to save Song Liao's life: "He should be expelled from the Song residence immediately and sent away."

Song Yuan smiled, "Yao'er, wouldn't that be too easy on him, hmm?"

"How would it be?" Shi Yao babbled, "Song Liao is a noble son, he is used to living as a young master, and his life has been smooth and comfortable for a long time, it is time for him to know that the world is a difficult place and that the world is dangerous!"

"Why do I get the impression," Song Yuan said slowly, "that you are excusing him?"

"No, it's impossible, he and I, we're like fire and water, we can't live under the same sky!" Shi Yao feigned bitterness, "I suffered so much torture and humiliation from him in the Song residence that I now get a headache from looking at him, I can't wait for him to disappear!"

"Shi Yao," Song Liao looked at him with a complicated look in his eyes, "do you really think that of me?"

Shi Yao cursed at the bottom of his heart, I'm trying so hard to make it work, Song Liao, why don't you get it?

Putting on an indifferent face, Shi Yao said, "Of course, you and I were originally in an arranged marriage. An arranged marriage is not a happy one, and I have no feelings for you."

"I understand," said Song Liao, with a look of defeat in his eyes, "I have failed you, and I deserve it."

What the hell? Shi Yao spat in his heart, what kind of bitter drama are you playing here, Song Liao? Can you stop being in love at this moment? The whole situation was making him feel uncomfortable.

Song Yuan seemed to be in a good mood: "In that case, I won't take your life for the sake of our brotherly love."

Shi Yao breathed a sigh of relief, but he didn't expect Song Yuan's next words to be: "A hand or a leg, you choose."

"What do you mean?" Shi Yao was shocked.

"Losing a part of your body is more merciful than losing your life, isn't it?" Song Yuan replied.

Song Liao's expression was grim.

"No, no," Shi Yao said, "Song Yuan, please, you can take everything from the Song family, but can you spare Song Liao?"

"Yao'er, you just said that you and him cannot live in peace, why are you pleading for him now? Hmm?"

It turns out he was setting a trap for him! Shi Yao was so angry at how hard it was to deceive Song Yuan: "Song Yuan, seriously, please, okay?"

"Who are you to do that? What kind of position do you have and who are you to beg me?"

"I..." Shi Yao was at a loss for words. He looked at Song Liao, remembering that he was the first person he had met when he crossed over, remembering that he was the original saviour of this body, remembering that he had sheltered him, remembering that he had warned him. He could not, emotionally or reasonably, stand by and watch Song Liao...

"I can be punished in his place." Shi Yao said, "Whether you want a hand, a leg, or anything else."

Song Liao looked at him, astonished.

Song Yuan's smile faded, "Yao'er, are you threatening me?"

"I'm not, I'm just asking you, if you have to see blood for previous sins to be repaid," Shi Yao said, "I'm willing to take his place."

"I've changed my mind," Song Yuan said with a touch of anger, "since you care so much about him, he must die."

Shi Yao couldn't help but say, "Song Yuan? Why do you change your mind so much, you're so unreasonable."

"My mood changes are only because of you, Yao'er." Song Yuan took out a black gun and loaded it.

Cold sweat slid down his face as Shi Yao tried to stop him, "No, Song Yuan, please."

Song Yuan's voice was still gentle, "If you don't want to look, I can cover your eyes, be good."

In front of everyone, Shi Yao knelt before him and banged his head so hard on the step that he bled immediately, once, twice, three times, countless times, as the blood spread.

Song Liao whispered, "Shi Yao, get up, don't kneel to him, I'm willing to accept defeat!" He tried to step forward to help Shi Yao up, but he was stopped in his tracks.

Song Yuan squatted down, his voice devoid of emotion as he asked Shi Yao, "Why? Why are you willing to go to such lengths for him?"

"It's not for him," Shi Yao said, raising his head, with his forehead covered in blood and his eyes filled with tears, "Youlan, you once promised me that you would not do anything bad, that you would listen to me."

Song Yuan was moved, he lowered his gun and gently embraced Shi Yao, "I'm sorry."

Shi Yao choked back a sob, "I can't change what you've done, I can only stop you from continuing to make mistakes, I know you have your difficulties, but..."

"Okay, I'll listen to you." Song Yuan wiped away his blood and tears with a silk handkerchief.

"You'll let Song Liao go?"

"As long as you will stay, stay by my side."

"Okay."

Song Yuan gestured for his subordinates to let Song Liao go.

Song Liao said, "Shi Yao, I..."

"Stop talking nonsense and get out! Get out of here!" Shi Yao wiped away his tears, "Don't ever come back!"

Song Liao said, "You have to wait for me."

Shi Yao did not respond to him, but thought to himself, what is there to wait for? I don't even know when I'll see you next. What I did for you was not only because of you, but because the original Shi Yao would have done the same thing.

Song Liao, what I owe you, it should be paid off.

———

In the second half of the night, Song Yuan cleaned Shi Yao's wounds himself. The bandaging was quite painful and Shi Yao was particularly vocal about it..

Song Yuan was both heartbroken and helpless: "Does it hurt a lot?"

"It hurts like hell!"

"Then why are you playing the hero?"

"It's none of your business!"

"Don't do that next time, Yao'er."

"Aren't you the one who suddenly went crazy and threatened to kill him?"

"I was just angry with you."

"Song Yuan, you must never do anything bad again, okay?"

"You're always so idealistic, Yao'er."

"Try not to! You have to tell me everything you're going to do, let me know, that will be fine, right?"

"Okay." Song Yuan said, "I want to kiss you."

"I haven't forgiven you!"

"But I'm jealous," Song Yuan said against his ear, "that you pleaded for him, Yao'er."

"I did that because... hmm."

Song Yuan bound his hands together and pressed him to the bed.

Delicate kisses trailed from his lips to his neck, and the heat began to climb.

"Yao'er, I like you, a lot."

"Like you who is obedient to me, like you who is disobedient to me."

"Like you for your spontaneity, like you for your principles."

"Like your naive idealism, like your zealous heroism."

"Like your stupidity, like your cuteness, like your shallow and small mind."

"Whatever the reason, don't leave me, stay with me, forever."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: June 24, 2023

Comments