My Vampire Faints at Blood Chapter 26

Hair Loss Can Be Related to the Season


Doctor Shang crossed his arms and looked at the scarred golden dragon in front of him, and cautiously pursued his question, "Although I think it's unlikely, I'll ask one more question – did you ask the vampire this question when you were fighting him?" 

"Of course I had to ask him!" The golden dragon nodded righteously. Slapping the armrest beside him,  he straightened his neck, and spoke with excitement, "I don't know what’s wrong with him – I had the upper hand, but after that question, he suddenly went berserk. That guy, with eyes as red as lanterns, chased me for 3,000 miles!"

"If my statement will not be judged as anti-social, I have to say – I still understand the feelings of my kind" The vampire rubbed his temples, smiled lightly and sighed, slowly and methodically lowering his rolled-up sleeves, "Of course – as a vampire, I absolutely support the vampire-human and all-races pact. I think that my kind should not actively reveal their identity, not actively hunt, and not actively engage in interactions with humans for the purpose of the first embrace..." (Angel: The first embrace is a term relating to vampires, and it means to declare the ownership of the prey that they wish to turn into a vampire.)

"At first glance, you are a higher demon, but that type of yours is not the same. He chased me all the way, scaring me so much I had to overtake two aircraft on the way. I also accidentally knocked over an owl delivering a letter, and I don't know where it fell afterwards." The golden dragon sighed heavily and waved its tail with a headache, "They'll have to fine me later for maliciously merging, plus chasing after the messenger owl. I will have to pay a fine of at least two dragon scales..."

"Ah Lin, don't worry – if the apostle of the Special Department comes, I'll pay the fine for you." The fire dragon struggled to reach out with his little claws to take him into his arms and patted him twice soothingly, "My scales have fire attributes and are of great use to them in refining weapons, they will definitely agree."

Glancing at the people around, the golden dragon embarrassingly waved his tail, and his tone unconsciously slowed down, "Okay, okay, so many people are watching, how does this look... quickly let go. Let's go home and hug, okay?"

"Welp–!" The two little dragons looked at each other, and tacitly agreed to cover their eyes with their tails, then made a neat coaxing sound.

The golden dragon straightened up in annoyance and was about to teach the two little bastards a lesson when he was pressed into the couch by the fire dragon's large body, "No anger, no anger, the two kids are also worried because you..."

"You better take them away as soon as possible, my funding for this semester is not enough to buy another sofa!" Seeing two dragons flashing their cold sharp nails, Eli finally couldn't hold back any longer. With hot tears, he heroically pounced on the expensive leather sofa, "Old Shang, turn around. You'd better give me a scientific explanation, otherwise, I will report that the reason these things need repairs is because Shang Haojia ate them. Let's see if the professors believe it or not!"

"You have already seen werewolves, vampires, and four dragons, yet you still want a scientific explanation from me?" Looking at his old classmate who had lost his logic, Doctor Shang sympathetically patted his shoulder, but still turned around graciously and looked inquiringly at the ever-reliable vampire.

Satisfied that his dear doctor was getting used to his presence, the vampire's mouth picked up a soft smile as he leaned over with one hand on his shoulder, "Rest assured, my dear friend –  it's getting dark, so I can take them away now. Would you like to accompany me?"

"I have nowhere else to go for the moment, so I will follow you." Looking at the dimming sky outside the window, Doctor Shang nodded reassuringly, and turned to look at the youth with excitement in his eyes and who obviously couldn't restrain the urge to run out to show off this experience.

"Although this is a little unfair to you, we still have to hand you over to the special department. Let them determine if you are no longer a threat, and decide if you still want to keep your memory of today – Mr. He, can you send him back to the police station and hand him over to Muxi?"

"Okay, I'll send him back."  He Jialun nodded, then turned around and waved towards the youth. 

The youth's face collapsed at his words, and he dragged his feet to Shang Haojia's side, tugging at his coat curtly, "Don't – Doctor Shang, have you forgotten what we discussed? I still have to tune for you, don't send me away like this..."

"I remember, but the one who needs your help tuning is the elf named An Muxi." Shang Haojia neatly packed up his things, and, without raising his head, he responded and patted him on the shoulder, "His singing is not quite in tune. You can help him record two songs, then tune them properly. Tell him to play the recordings directly next time, and not to open his mouth again." 

"Eh yo eh yo – I see, this was the problem!" Hearing that there was actually an elf to see, the youth immediately became excited, rubbed his hands, and smiled, "Doctor Doctor, aren't elves particularly good-looking, ah? The name sounds like it belongs to a handsome man! When I play games, elves are usually so handsome..."

"How could you think he is handsome just from hearing his name? I think it just sounds like the name of a yoghurt seller." Eli couldn't help but interject, but he was pushed back into his chair by Shang Haojia, who nodded sincerely, "He's pretty handsome – Work with him for two days, help him tune, and by the way, also show him exactly how he should handle the situation. Go now, if you're late, he will be off work."

"Okay, then I'll take the car. You guys decide for yourselves whether to jump or fly." He Jialun nodded, shook the keys in his hand twice, and pulled the youth out the door, "Anyway, I still don't trust the dragons –  I heard that the dragons have had several accidents, compared to that, vampires are safer..."

"What nonsense – how are we dragons unsafe! We just like to go fast, who told all those griffins and phoenixes to fly so slowly?" The golden dragon, still pinned to the couch by the fire dragon, replied defiantly as he struggled to poke his head out, "Either that or they're complaining that we're scaring the pegasi into weakness... Those horses go weak at the sight of a meat eater, so who can blame us?  I say we shouldn't have licensed those pegasus, they're useless for anything but looking good..."

"So according to you, the special department should be blamed for being inconsiderate?" A strange voice suddenly came from outside the window. The crowd subconsciously looked over and saw a lion flapping its wings as it was hovering outside the window.

Its voice was low and soft, somewhat indistinguishable from that of a male or female. After scanning the room, he leapt onto the window sill and leapt into the office, "Xian Lin, Dragon Clan, upper sky licence plate Dragon-A9274, confirmed by the third monitoring falcon, you are charged with speeding, forcibly merging with an aircraft, going against traffic, and being involved in a hit-and-run. Do you admit to these charges?"

"Miss winged lion, A'Lin, he broke the traffic rules because he was being chased by a vampire – can the bureau be a little more accommodating?" The fire dragon hastily held down his angry spouse and went forward to explain in a friendly manner.

However, the winged lion suddenly seemed to have been punched in the gut and changed its business-like attitude, slamming its huge paws on the ground, "I'm just bald, why are all you idiots calling me a lady –do I look like a lioness to you?!"

"Theoretically, since you have a bald head, you can't blame others for treating you like a lioness..." The werewolf, who had already planned to leave with the youth, could not help but go back when he saw the situation in the room. Holding the door frame, he peeked in from the hallway, "If I remember correctly, don't you lions originally distinguish between male and female by your manes?"

"I –" The winged lion's eyes rounded, and after pawing at the ground, he fluttered his wings in annoyance and turned to the apprehensive fire dragon, "Anyway, the bureau has taken your special circumstances into account and has reduced the fine to one dragon scale – Pay the fine so I can go back to my job! Hurry up! Hurry up!"

"Okay, we'll pay it here and now." The fire dragon nodded hastily and was about to remove a scale from his body when Shang Haojia suddenly slapped his bony wing, blocking his movement.

"And what do you mean by this, human – do you intend to obstruct business too?!" The winged lion had clearly fallen into a berserk state, and his tone changed from its original softness to impatience.

The vampire subconsciously took a step forward to hold the human doctor back, but Shang Haojia only smiled lightly and held his arm, shaking his head calmly, "Please let me have a word with this winged lion gentleman, ten seconds will be enough." With that, he stepped around the vampire in front of him and unhurriedly moved up to the winged lion's ear, lowering his voice to speak.

The crowd had been looking at the situation in front of them with trepidation, but they were stunned to see that the winged lion had suddenly lost his original anger and instead took a few steps towards him in delight, "Are you telling the truth? What's the solution? I'll try it later..."

Shang Haojia raised his eyebrows slightly before he was about to speak, but the winged lion suddenly reacted again and hastily interrupted him, "Forget it, it's not good to talk about it in front of outsiders – I'll come back to ask you tonight, I have my own way of finding you."

Having agreed on a time with the human in front of him, the winged lion flapped his wings twice and made his way over to the window, "Today's fine will be waived, I'll tell them later that a good dragon was beaten out of its dragon form and that the infractions were justifiable – But you'll have to remember to go see the owl later, his head turned two hundred and fifty degrees because of you..."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: August 20/21, 2021

Edited: August 2, 2023

Comments

  1. Wanna bet that Doctor Shang bribed the lion with solution for his bald head so he didn't fine A'Lin? 😝🤭

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter! I love to hear all of your comments.

Be sure to check back, as I always try my best to respond to every comment I receive!