My Vampire Faints at Blood Chapter 19

Perms Can Also Damage Hair


"So – did you beat that werewolf into a ball?" Just imagining the pose described by the other party, Doctor Shang's expression became a little indescribable. He couldn't help but shake his head slightly, "I still don't understand the way you huskies – cough, the snow wolf clan, fought with the wild wolves outside… Is your pet allergy gone?"

"You don't understand, we also have racial differences. Wolves shed in the spring, dogs shed in the summer, and I shed from spring to summer." Still inspired by the feat of using his bare hands to take down a werewolf, He Jialun no longer cared about his bloodline. Replying triumphantly, he pulled a chair over and sat down, "So you didn't see that I didn't transform? By the way, that guy's hair felt really good. When I'm done shedding, I should also try getting a perm…"

"After getting a perm, it's easy for your hair to dry out and split. You have to remember to take care of it, otherwise, after a while, you will puff up into a fur ball." Having already adapted to the rather scientific way of living of these unscientific beings, Doctor Shang thoughtfully explained, then curiously looked out the door, "How come you are the only one back, where is the other one?"

When his words fell, the young man came in behind them and described the earlier situation, "Doctor, Doctor, you don't even know – my brother Lun is a powerful man, he knocked that asshole werewolf out with his two fists!" Then he excitedly grabbed Shang Haojia's arm, "I'm not bragging, the werewolf's claws looked like ploughs. If it was an average person, that person might be dead…"

"I believe that. After all, the one that almost killed you before should be that werewolf." Shang Haojia chuckled and nodded. Answering solemnly, he patted his shoulder, "Let me ask you, you said you went to a concert – what concert was it that went on so late?"

"It's just some wild music group, singing some rock and roll or something. We only went to get ourselves high…" The young man shook his head and smirked, then suddenly straightened his body and waved his hand, "Don't worry, I'm absolutely clean, there was absolutely nothing illegal or drug-related! I have just explained to the police comrades that although we are rebellious, we are also patriotic, dedicated, honest, and friendly law-abiding citizens!"

"Don't be nervous – I'm an emergency doctor after all, I wouldn't know if you didn't abide by the law, but if there is anything wrong with your body, I would see it." Listening to this rebellious, law-abiding citizen's proficient words, Shang Haojia couldn't help but chuckle. Moving a chair over, he asked him to sit down, "I just wanted to ask, if you know someone from their band, can you introduce them to me? It's best if they can mix and do post-production, having a day in the recording studio would also be good, I have some work for them."

"I can do it – I'm not lying to you, but I am a man who has been conquering the world of high-quality meme videos all year round. Even if it is just a normal person speaking, I can find a way to turn it into a song." The young man patted his chest and agreed enthusiastically. 

Shang Haojia raised his eyebrows involuntarily, exchanged a glance with Wei Long, and nodded gently, "In that case, it will be a lot easier. It's a good thing that the serum needs time to become effective, you will need to isolate for a period of time. Go back and help me produce it, the price will definitely not be a loss to you."

"Okay, okay, it will be a piece of cake. As long as you give me a computer, I can even make the news broadcast sing." Although he was still not clear why he needed to be isolated, the young man nodded confidently. Glancing at Shang Haojia's expression again, he leaned over with a smile, "Doctor, I just want to ask, why can't I transform – I heard that if you are scratched by a werewolf, then you will also become a werewolf. Will I also transform?"

"In fact, you have already transformed once, but you were delirious at the time, so there are no relevant memories of it." Seeing that things have basically come to light, only the final stage of aftercare was left. Doctor Shang, who had worked overtime, finally couldn't help but yawn and lean back in his chair relaxedly, "You've all worked hard, so go take a rest first, and wait for the serum to arrive–"

Before he could finish speaking, his phone suddenly vibrated again.

"I really should test whether I have a gift for summoning – I just mentioned it and it seems that the serum has arrived." Looking at the incoming call alert on his screen, Shang Haojia couldn't help but chuckle. Rubbing his temples with one hand, he leaned back into his chair relaxedly, "Lizi, you better tell me that you have the serum ready – I've really had enough for today, and I'm counting on you to help me get this done…"

"Um… well, I have the serum ready." The voice on the phone belonged to someone with a naturally thick accent, as well as a deep resonance that was comparable to that of the vampire next to him. Especially in this slightly hesitant tone, which had a natural tenderness and patience, they could easily cause a group of girls to scream.

Werewolves and vampires both have excellent hearing. He Jialun instinctively popped his ears out to listen, winking provocatively at Wei Long. No matter how he looked at his eyes, there was a hint of gloating.

The vampire looked back at him calmly, not seeming to be concerned about this matter, but a trace of blood ran across his black eyes. Feeling intimidated by the opponent's high-level power, the self-defeating hybrid werewolf instinctively took a step back, pursed his mouth unwillingly, and finally reluctantly behaved.

"Listening to your tone, I feel that there should be a sentence following that." Doctor Shang's attention was on the serum, so he obviously didn't notice the brewing darkness between the two friends. He simply frowned and sat up, "Say it, where is my serum?"

"Let me explain first – I know this whole thing is unbelievable, but it just happened…" The other party's tone was a little helpless, and after hesitating for a moment, his voice lowered unconsciously, "You know, just – you gave me the serum, asking me to sterilise it and make it into an injectable anti-venom… Just when I was about to start heating it, a dragon suddenly jumped in the window and took the serum away."

"..." After hearing what the other party said, Shang Haojia was silent for a moment, then finally couldn't help but sigh, "Lizi, you might as well tell me that your hand slipped while doing the experiment and that you dropped the test tube into the water bath…"

"Look – I know you don't believe it, but it's true." There was a soft sigh that came over the phone, seeming to stem from a headache. Obviously, even the person on the other end didn't believe it very much, "If it weren't for my habit of recording my experiments, I would have thought that I was dreaming – Do you want to come and see it? It really was a dragon, it spat out a small fireball and burned off a lot of my hair…"

"Based on what I have seen and heard in the past two days, I should actually believe you – but to be on the safe side, I'd better consult a professional first." Replying thoughtfully, Shang Haojia covered the microphone with one hand, and gently nudged Wei Long with his elbow, "My classmate said that he saw a dragon, have even dragons been running around this year?"

Realising that he had become a 'professional' according to the words of the human doctor, the vampire was obviously in a good mood. After clearing his throat twice, he nodded with a smile, "In theory, there could be. Personally, I have seen the Norwegian Ridgeback and the Hungarian Hornet in this area, as well as the Chinese Fireball which is very common in this area…"

"I see – it seems that I thought wrong, I thought it was the phoenix in the traditional Chinese sense." As a generation that grew up watching Harry Potter, as soon as he heard these familiar terms, Shang Haojia suddenly nodded and moved back to the phone, "I see – I will believe you for the time being about the dragon. We will rush to you, the blood donor is still with me, and we need to make another serum as soon as possible."

Hearing what he said, the other party was finally relieved and agreed without hesitation, "Good, it is best if you still have the blood source. I will remember to close the window this time…"

The two chatted for a few more minutes. After discussing the time and place, they ended the call. Shang Haojia didn't intend to delay any longer. After informing his old father who is addicted to work, he led everyone to the school laboratory.

When one is used to sleeping for most of the day, that is when the sun is most poisonous. Although the vampire once promised that his sunscreen was indeed effective, Shang Haojia still gave him the umbrella from his mother. Unexpectedly, by the time they walked up to the school gate, the sky where the sun was originally shining had suddenly become gloomy. Thunder clapped out of thin air and the rain began to pour down.

The changes in the weather really caught them off guard. With the exception of the vampire who had the umbrella, the rest of the group were all drenched in the blink of an eye. 

With quick eyes and quick feet, he pulled Shang Haojia under his umbrella. The vampire blinked innocently and looked at his distressed werewolf friend. Before he was able to open his mouth, a little dragon suddenly fell from the sky with the patter of the rain.

It was not like the European and American dragons that everyone had imagined. With golden scales, double horns, and five claws, obviously, it was the most typical image of the Chinese dragon in traditional Chinese culture.

Unfortunately, this little five-clawed golden dragon seemed to have no legendary prestige at all. Looking up at the vampire who was staring at him with interest, he sniffed twice and cried out, "Oh my god! Ghost!"

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: July 3, 2021

Edited: August 1, 2023

Comments

  1. A dragon!! Woww.. but a dragon who afraid of ghost / vampire 😅😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all of the weird issues that these characters have 😂

      Delete
  2. Lol does this dragon caused the sudden weather? xD lol Wei long why are you like this xD

    Thank you so much for the chapter!!~ 🙇🏻🙇🏻🙇🏻🙇🏻🙇🏻🙇🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wei Long is such a character, he is great 🤣

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter! I love to hear all of your comments.

Be sure to check back, as I always try my best to respond to every comment I receive!