My Vampire Faints at Blood Chapter 20

A Fear of Heights Can Be Treated With Behavioural Therapy


Seemingly in response to the little dragon's emotions, the rain began to get a little heavier.

The vampire held his umbrella, trying his best to cover the human doctor beside him. Bending down in a friendly manner, he waved at the little dragon, "Hello, Your Highness. Strictly speaking, I am actually a vampire from the West – I would feel very honoured if you could marvel at my race."

"..." The little dragon flopped twice in the muddy water, and looked at the kind vampire in front of him with tears in his eyes. He flinched and hid, sniffling twice before crying a little bit more fiercely. 

"Enough, don't scare it. Our Chinese dragons control the clouds and the rain, if I didn't guess wrong, this rain is only because it's crying." Pulling back the vampire who was suspected of intimidating the young dragon, Doctor Shang squatted down patiently and picked the little dragon up in his hands. Taking out his pen, he shook it in front of him twice.

Apparently, the way to deal with young humans also applies to young dragons. The frightened little dragon was quickly attracted by the pen swaying in front of him, and gradually stopped crying. Lunging forward curiously, it bit the pen cap.

"No, no, this can't be eaten, it will ruin your stomach if you eat it." Successfully finding a reasonable way of getting along, Doctor Shang nodded in satisfaction. Rescuing the pen from the little dragon's mouth, Doctor Shang wiped the water from his body, "Don't be afraid, we are not bad guys – Where are your mom and dad?"

The little dragon blinked suspiciously and looked at Doctor Shang, who had proficiently switched into his professional mode. Curling up awkwardly, he swept his tail twice, "I don't know either, I accidentally fell, and Dad was flying too high…"

"Are you afraid of heights?" Shang Haojia raised his eyebrows and stood up while holding him.

However, just halfway through this action, the little dragon suddenly panicked and rolled up into a ball, tightly covering his eyes with his tail, "No, no, I don't want to fly – I'm afraid I'm afraid!"

Worried that they may be caught off guard with more rain, Doctor Shang could only patiently squat back down again. He gently poked the small dragon ball,  "So – you can accept a certain height, but it's only up to here?"

Shakily lifting the tip of his tail and looking out, he found that he returned to his original position. The little dragon finally stretched out with confidence and bowed his head guiltily, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cry, I was so scared…"

Doctor Shang shrugged noncommittally, then raised his head and looked at the vampire beside him inquiringly. 

Receiving the distress signal from the human doctor, Wei Long raised his eyebrows and showed a look of understanding, then patted his werewolf friend beside him, "Jialun, it's time for you to show off your skills again."

"What do you want me to do?" Vigilantly taking two steps back, he looked at the vampire with a graceful smile in front of him. He Jialun felt that the dog fur all over his body was standing in fright, and he shook his head without hesitation, "Needless to say, it's not possible, I know you won't have a good idea–"

"Do me a favour, I will reimburse you for the cost of your pants when I go back." Smiling and patting his werewolf friend's shoulder, Wei Long touched his tailbone and pulled a dog's tail out of nowhere.

Unexpectedly, he acted decisively. The werewolf who was still hesitating jumped up abruptly. Subconsciously covering his tail with both hands, he looked nervously at the cruel vampire in front of him, "What are you doing – I am a regular werewolf! I–"

"I know. My competent butler, I just need your help." The vampire interrupted him with a smile, and a faint flash of blood in his pupils easily deterred the distressed werewolf. Satisfied to see him standing upright, he suddenly changed his tone. Leaning down with a smile, he placed one hand on his shoulder, and used the other to move the fluffy tail in front of Shang Haojia, "My dear friend, you can place our Royal Dragon Highness on this – At this height, I believe that our little majesty should no longer feel scared."

"Thank you for your hard work." 

Finally being rescued smoothly, he watched the little dragon cling tightly to the dog's tail, and Shang Haojia was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief. He encouragingly touched the dragon's horns, "Are you afraid now? Don't cry anymore, we will help you find your mom and dad – Tell Brother what your name is, okay?"

Seeing the human doctor in paediatric mode for the first time, and seeing the gentleness and patience that were almost overflowing from the other person, the vampire smiled and put away the umbrella in his hand, and his ink-coloured pupils became warm.

The fluffy and soft hair of the husky's tail smoothly calmed the young dragon's emotions. The little dragon was enjoying himself and rubbing against the fur, then he carefully settled in, "My last name is Xian, Xian Bei, and my brother is Xian Bao. We are twins! My father's name is Xian Lin, and my other father's name is Xian Gris…"

"It looks like a very complicated family relationship, this is all I need to know for now." Decisively ending the topic that seemed to be able to infinitely unfold, Shang Haojia smiled bitterly and shook his head. Patting his body, he took out a piece of fruit candy from his pocket, unwrapped it, and fed it to the little dragon, "Brothers need to find someone first. Be good and stay on Brother He’s tail, okay?" 

The little dragon nodded obediently with the candy in his mouth, and obediently curled up on He Jialun's tail. Doctor Shang straightened up, chuckled, and patted the arm of the werewolf friend in front of him, "Thank you – it seems as though pet dogs can really soothe children's emotions…"

"Its mood is smoothed out, but my mood is very complicated now – Can I ask a question, do your Chinese dragons eat meat or are they vegetarian?" Sighing in a complicated mood, He Jialun turned around and looked at the small dragon pendant on his tail, and he couldn't help but shiver severely.

Never having thought of this problem, Shang Haojia raised his eyebrows. As he was about to take his phone out to check for him, a familiar voice came from far away, "You guys came so fast – Recently, it's been raining frequently, the weather forecast is not accurate at all. Have you been rained on?"

"It happened to pour just now – Let's go back to the laboratory to talk about it, the air conditioning can dry the clothes faster." Shang Haojia responded with a smile. Stepping forward, he slapped the other person, then turned to introduce them to the others, "This is my college roommate, Eli, who is now a teacher at our school – These are my two friends. You should have seen Mr. Wei already. Over there with a young dragon on his tail is my friend surnamed He, you can call him Mr. He as I do. The young man behind them is my patient, he is also the recipient of the serum I entrusted you to make this time, so I brought him over directly."

"Hello – Thank you for your hard work, just call me Eli. Let's talk as we walk." Eli nodded to everyone, gently greeting them without apology.

His body was well-proportioned, his eyebrows were exquisite, his appearance was outstanding, and his voice had a touching magnetism. The werewolf who was frustrated because of the dragon clinging to his tail instantly became excited. Looking proudly at the vampire who was slightly embarrassed by being drenched in the rain, he looked back and forth between the two, there was obviously a sense of gloating.

The vampire's expression remained indifferent. Smiling and shaking hands with the visitor, he leaned over politely, "Our previous communication was really rushed. Please pass on my greeting to your grandmother – I was lucky enough to meet her once, her demeanour really made my eyes shine…"

"Ah – Are you that young and promising director of a private museum?" Eli shook hands with him. When he heard his words, he could not help but show some embarrassment, and he hastily bowed to him apologetically, "I really don't know how to explain it to you – my grandmother didn't have any malice towards you, she just thinks that you are attractive. I know that it may be difficult for you to accept, but she has always wanted to go to your door to apologise again, she even went to the museum several times, but they always said that the director was not there…"

Realising that there is obviously something in the past between these two people that he didn't know about, Shang Haojia looked back and forth with interest, but he still clapped his hands and responsibly interrupted the two peoples' greetings, "All right, let's go to the laboratory first to take another tube of blood as soon as possible – Eli, although I don't think it's likely, is this little dragon the one that grabbed your serum?"

"It's not, it was – probably a more European looking dragon, with a scarlet body and hard thorns at the tip of its nose. It flew very fast and also spat two fireballs at me." Looking in the direction he was pointing, Eli shook his head lightly and gently rubbed his chin before suddenly reacting, "That's not right, how can there be another dragon – Could it be that Jurassic Park closed down and all of the dragons were sold off?"

"That's my dad, my dad can breathe fire!" The little dragon wagged his tail excitedly. Wanting to move up the tail but worried about climbing too high, he climbed down cautiously and lowered his head in frustration, "My dad said that dragons should not be afraid of heights, so we went to find something to enhance my courage, and he took me flying around in the sky. But I was so scared, I couldn't help crying. Then it suddenly rained, then my father's fire went out, then I fell…"

Looking at the dazed husky friend, Shang Haojia couldn't help but chuckle. He shook his head helplessly and his gaze moved slightly, then he pulled He Jialun to the side and asked in a low voice, "Can the werewolf serum increase courage?" 

Although he did not understand the intentions of the human doctor, as a loyal friend of humans, He Jialun nodded obediently. When everyone entered the laboratory building, he quietly lifted his tail up a few centimetres without alerting the little dragon.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Today is the last day for open fishing week, a week where we do not need a fishing license, so I am going to capitalize on that. I briefly edited this chapter but I will come back tomorrow to give it a better read over. Please be lenient on any mistakes 🙏

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: July 10/11, 2021

Edited: August 1, 2023

Comments

  1. Not only it afraid of ghost, the little dragon waa afraid of height too! I couldn't help to think of it as Mushu in Disney's Mulan animation when he still very young 😅

    I admired Doctor Shang. It seems like nothing could shake him. He was so compatible and could be depend on. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't even thought of the resemblance to young Mushu, though it has been a long time since I watched it 😅

      I wish I could be as unshakeable as Doctor Shang, that would be great 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter! I love to hear all of your comments.

Be sure to check back, as I always try my best to respond to every comment I receive!