My Vampire Faints at Blood Chapter 13

Adrenaline Decides to Strike


"It's not like that Dad! Let me explain!" His original, somewhat confused mind was so frightened that Shang Haojia almost slammed his head on the door frame.

As he jumped up and tried to explain it, his old father's very cooperative and majestic voice came from the phone, "Don't call me father, I don't have a son like you!"

"I don't have a drama club boyfriend – No, why would I have a boyfriend?!" Even though he had been flirted with in various ways, Shang Haojia still hadn't broken the curse of the emergency department, and was always in the state of Schrödinger's single; outsiders thought he was not single, therefore causing him to remain endlessly single.

Although Wei Long has been very obvious in some sense, according to his werewolf friend, vampires were originally a superficial species that habitually flirted with those who are good-looking, so Shang Haojia had never taken him seriously – after all, this was a mediaeval vampire. To round things up, his age was equivalent to that of Lady Dai. The distance between the two of them could not be called a generation gap, rather it should be a century gap. (Angel: Lady Dai was the Marquis of Dai and Chancellor of Changsha Kingdom, during the Western Han dynasty of ancient China. She lived from 217 BC to 168 BC.)

"You have to ask yourself, my dear son – your friend called me dear father-in-law as soon as he approached." Hearing that his old father's words carried a distinctly sharp knife, Shang Haojia could almost smell the fragrance of bamboo shoots fried with meat. Rubbing his temples to calm his extreme headache, he sighed heavily.

"He was joking, and is also quite pompous. Dad, you must be aware of the details, don't be fooled by the reactionary forces of his rhetoric. There are important witnesses here, I will take them to the city bureau, meet you, and explain in detail…" After hastily pacifying his family, he suddenly felt like he hated the words father-in-law. Shang Haojia changed his clothes and left the locker room, rushing back to the office without delay.

Shang Haojia, who had originally planned to take the subway, immediately changed his plans and went with He Jialun, who had come by car. The young man, who had already fallen asleep, was stuffed into the passenger seat of the car.

"Doctor Shang, you have been in this car before – was it driven by Wei Long?" Seeing his stiff professional posture in the car, He Jialun had guessed the development of the story. While starting the car, he curiously went into his gossip mode, "How does Doctor Shang feel about Wei Long? I think he likes you very much. He has been single for almost a thousand years, and I have never heard of him teasing anyone the way he teases you."

"Mr. Wei has always been single too?" He didn't know if it was the aftermath of the last time, but as soon as he got into the car, Shang Haojia yawned habitually, found a familiar position, and said, "Seeing how skilled he is, I thought he must have had a lot of experience."

"That's probably the fault of the way vampires choose their spouse. In order to ensure the purity of their bloodline, the pure-blooded vampires generally marry internally. The way two vampires form their contract is by using the blood of the two to cast a spell – As you know, with his problem, he would have to reject any contract." He Jialun shrugged, and his tone was unabashedly gloating, "As for them being with ordinary humans, they have to turn that person into a vampire first. However, he doesn't even dare to bite, so how could he turn someone into a vampire?"

Putting his hand on the back of his sore neck, the drowsy Doctor Shang frowned and asked in a low voice, "Do they have to become a vampire?"

He Jialun tilted his head noncommittally, turned a corner, and continued to drive down the road, "Mhmm – As you know, vampires' lives are generally quite long. If you don't become a vampire, when you are in your seventies, he will still look like this…"

Shang Haojia didn't hear the later words, because exhaustion had involuntarily pulled him into the quiet darkness. But he had a dream – In his dream, the antique vampire, who seemed less than thirty years old, was carrying his own majestic father who was in his police uniform, while strategizing and commanding a battle between vampires and werewolves. The picture was so bizarre that he was frightened awake, suddenly opening his eyes and sitting up.

"Awake? Did you sleep well?" The car was stopped. He Jialun turned to look at him, nodding towards the front, "We've run into some trouble, I'm afraid it will take a while."

"Not good, I had a very nonsensical nightmare…" Shang Haojia rubbed his sore temples and shook his head, throwing the image of the werewolf versus vampire fight out of his mind. Looking in front of them, he couldn't help but widen his eyes in astonishment.

In front of their car, a group of werewolves with sharp ears, thick tails, and ragged, grey-coloured fur were fighting a group of zombie-like vampires, blocking the road.

"…It doesn't seem to be that nonsensical anymore." Shang Haojia rubbed his eyes, took a close look at the situation in front of him, and shook his head strangely, "I originally thought that this kind of battle between the two races should be a group of strong and tall elite werewolves fighting against vampires wearing tuxedos like British gentlemen; now it seems that this assumption is slightly off…"

"You can't say that – Don't you humans also have differences between the wars between two countries and the street gang fights?" Regarding the dignity of the two major races, He Jialun hurriedly corrected him. Looking at the time again, he took off his seatbelt, "It's almost dawn, so many of them cannot stay. If you don't mind, I will go down and yell a few times, telling them to disperse."

Thinking about the husky's inability to let go, Shang Haojia couldn't help but feel a little worried. He sat upright and answered, "Of course I don't mind – but you better remember to come back, I don't have a driver's licence…"

"Hearing what you said, it's as if I have a driver's licence – Hell, I need an ID card to get a driver's licence. How could I, a large dog, get anything other than a dog licence?" Speaking of the driver's licence, He Jialun lost his anger. He waved his hand and got out of the car. With his bare hands, he broke up the werewolves and vampires who were hugging each other, unsure of whether they were fighting or flirting, "All right, all right, disperse, it's going to be light soon, don't make trouble here!"

"I thought you would use a more supernatural method – you didn't even transform…" Shang Haojia didn't expect He Jialun to get out and actually shout at the group. He couldn't help but shake his head in disappointment.

Suddenly, there was a gentle chuckle beside him, "My friend, you have to understand – after all, He Jialun's state after transforming does not have much of a deterrent effect. On the contrary, it would add a lot of unnecessary trouble."

Since he didn't notice when the person sitting next to him had appeared, Shang Haojia subconsciously stood up. Before he could hit the roof of the car, Wei Long quickly grabbed him and pressed him to sit down.

"Please do not worry, it's me – Please forgive my unauthorised actions. Your father is already completely safe, and I was worried about your state, so I could hardly control myself and tracked you down, hoping to see you with my own eyes as soon as possible…" In order to protect Shang Haojia from hitting his head, Wei Long had held almost his entire body in his arms. Whispering softly against his ear, his tone seemed to be a little ambiguous.

"I also wanted to see you with my own eyes, my dear friend." Shang Haojia replied slowly, and the end of his sentence suddenly changed to carry a bit of a dangerous aura. Suddenly clasping Wei Long's wrist, he twisted and pulled, breaking free of his embrace. The vampire was then pressed against the door of the back seat, "If it's convenient to explain to me, under what circumstances did you call my dad father-in-law?"

"I'm very sorry, please forgive my offence and disrespect – because at first glance, when I saw that stupid werewolf attacking an older version of you, I couldn't keep calm and stand by, so I offered some assistance to the human side. But after that, I didn't know how to speak in that situation. I was so impatient that I didn't hesitate when I spoke, so your father had some misunderstandings about you. In fact, in the enquiry that followed, I explained the situation to your father." Wei Long didn't evade, and was honestly suppressed by him in the back seat. He apologised sincerely, "My friend, please forgive my recklessness and impulsiveness. After all, your attitude is very important to me. If you can't let your irritation towards me go, I won't be able to sleep."

Hearing that the man's tone no longer held the slick elegance of the past, but rather carried a rare sincerity, Shang Haojia let go of his temper. Hearing him mention the saving of his father, he felt a little guilty. Pursing his lips, he stopped suppressing him, "Thank you for saving my dad – I was too impulsive just now, I shouldn't have treated you like that."

"On the contrary – when you suppressed me just now, I suddenly felt an uncontrollable excitement. You should know that, in fact, both werewolves and vampires are races that yearn for absolute power…" Wei Long turned to look at him. A bloody light flashed through his midnight pupils, and the corner of his lips provoked a meaningful arc.

Suddenly, he grabbed Shang Haojia's shoulder with one hand, curled a leg, and half-kneeled on the seat. His tall figure immediately covered most of the back seat, and his thin but powerful body held Doctor Shang, who was still shrouded in guilt.

Looking at the pale and handsome face slowly approaching, Shang Haojia blinked subconsciously. He tried to pull his mind out of professional thoughts such as 'dilated pupils' and 'no breathing or heartbeat'. The other side suddenly moved over him with a clear intention, but his brain was sluggish and he found it hard to think.

The young man in the passenger seat still slept ignorantly. The sky was approaching dawn, and the faint morning light shone down. The blood family of the darkness had captured their heart's prey, and was ready to use this opportunity to make a move before the break of dawn…

"What are you doing – are you going to bite him just like that?"

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: June 7, 2021

Comments

  1. Flirt master vampire hahahah

    Thank you for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flirt master who always gets thwarted 😂

      Delete
  2. I hope Doctor Shang's father's reaction wasn't because his son was with a man. But because someone suddenly appeared to call him father in law. So he was mad that his son hides his relationship.

    I love their fight / struggle in the car 🤭🤭 Too bad that someone (He Jialun?) interrupted their moments before it could develop into a kiss. 😝

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure his father won't oppose them for long. It's probably because he is strict, especially since it is a double police officer family.

      Wei Long is quite smooth, yet he can't quite seem to reach his end goal 😂🤣

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter! I love to hear all of your comments.

Be sure to check back, as I always try my best to respond to every comment I receive!