My Vampire Faints at Blood Chapter 12

A Lack of Sleep Affects Your IQ


Realising that his level had been raised to 'dear', Wei Long blinked in a flattered manner and nodded with a smile, "No problem – for you, even if I need to transport a pot of blood, I will be happy to obey."

"Don't worry, it's not that scary." After dealing with the most critical part, Shang Haojia was finally relieved. Responding briefly, he pl:aced the serum into a sealed bag and handed it to him, "I called my colleague and he will be waiting at the entrance of the University of Medicine, just give this to him for me – It's getting light outside, can you still move around freely?"

"Don't worry, I recently discovered a sunscreen that works well. Thanks to it, the extent of my outdoor activities has been greatly extended." The vampire who was also advancing with the times chuckled. He leaned over and took the bag containing the serum, "Is there anything else I need to do? I understand the importance of this matter, but it is a bit too simple for me."

"You helping me deliver this as soon as possible, then telling me clearly what is going on, is already a great help to me." For this vampire friend's enthusiasm that seems to be particularly high today, Shang Haojia, who was still in doctor mode, obviously did not think much of it. He just nodded and turned to the dazed young man, "Don't run around for the next two days. When dawn comes, I will take you to the city's criminal investigation team, they probably need to know more about the situation here. I hope you can cooperate."

"Oh, okay, I understand…" The young man nodded in a daze. Touching his flat chest, he mysteriously leaned forward, "Doctor, is it because I can heal my wounds by myself? Is this a superpower? I'm not bragging to you, but I was so bloody when I was sent here, I thought I was dying!"

"I'm not bragging to you, but I stitched up your wounds, and you boasted that I was a stapler." Shang Haojia mercilessly replied, and couldn't help but raise his hand and rub his forehead, yawning very lightly.

Wei Long had originally planned to leave, but he turned back and held his arm with concern, "My friend, maybe I am a little nosy – but your body does need to rest, it only had two hours of sleep tonight. For a hard-working emergency doctor, this amount of rest is obviously not enough…"

After rubbing his sore lower back, Shang Haojia shook his head and chuckled before taking out his phone and seeing the row of missed calls from his parents, "Great – now I can at least be sure that my phone is not broken."

He took the time to reply to a text message, then covered Wei Long as he jumped out from the hospital window, and instructed He Jialun to look after the young man. After handing over the work at hand, Shang Haojia finally caught a break in the locker room and called his father who was addicted to using the residual heat.

"Xiao Jia, report your situation." The comments over the phone were still as short and clear as they always are; the idea of discussing the importance of family affection with his old father was soaked up once again. Shang Haojia resignedly shook his head and smiled bitterly, then relaxed and sat in the corner.

"According to my patient's description, it was an indiscriminate attack that happened at the concert, which caused more than twenty people to be injured, and caused no deaths. You might not believe me, Dad – the most scientific explanation at the moment is that they were probably attacked by a werewolf." Guessing that his parents were busy figuring out this case, Shang Haojia originally wanted to wait until it was clear, but after considering it, he still decided to truthfully explain, "If you don't believe me, I can send a few photos of my patient's transformation, the visual effect is absolutely stimulating–"

Before he could finish speaking, he was suddenly interrupted by the opposite side, "No need, seeing is believing. Right now, it's very believable to me." As if to set off this sentence, in the noisy background, a terrible wolf howl faintly sounded.

"My old father, have you gone to the crime scene again?!" Shang Haojia jumped up in shock, and the ending sound almost turned up into a huge exclamation mark, "I know you always talk about the old steed not wanting to be stuck in the stable, but the old steed needs to be in the stable, ah…"

"Ah, do you have no new patients?"  The voice on the phone remained calm, obviously not planning to discuss horses and stables with him, "We now need to identify the injured people. Werewolves have a single attack pattern, but the consequences are not clear to us. I need you to record the specific conditions of all of your patients, and report to me every hour."

"Understood…" Shang Haojia replied weekly as he closed the locker door and stood up. Walking to the side of the sink, he washed his face, "Dad, I consulted with a few of my friends, and the information they gave me is quite credible. If you are willing to leave the front line first–"

Before he could finish speaking, there was a sudden sound of heavy objects falling on the other end.

Shang Haojia's heart felt tight. Just as he wanted to ask about the situation, a noisy collision sounded from the phone. Mixed with the uninterrupted sounds of running and gunfire, the anxiety in his heart grew stronger, "Dad! – What's the matter? Are you okay over there?"

"Please rest assured, my dear friend – your father is very safe. By the way, this father and son, your looks are really alike. I feel as though I have seen what your face will look like in twenty years." To his surprise, Wei Long's familiar and elegant voice came from the other end of the phone. Although the sound was slightly distorted due to the intermittent signal, he still smiled calmly and patiently, "Just like I said, just sending a serum is too simple for me. I am honoured to have the precious opportunity to demonstrate the righteousness and bravery of my bloodline on my way home from completing the mission."

"You must pay attention to your posture, my dad's waist is worse than mine…" Having roughly guessed the situation on that end and knowing that there is a pure-blooded vampire present, Shang Haojia's heart was temporarily relieved. He raised his hand to wipe the cold sweat that had formed, "Help me take good care of my dad, I'll look for you in a while – How is that werewolf, did he hurt anyone?"

"Don't worry, werewolves are not a powerful race, especially after mankind invented powerful weapons such as the gun. Such a low-ranking werewolf will almost always be killed once they jump out. The situation is very stable now." The noise on the phone gradually calmed down, and Wei Long answered with a chuckle, then suddenly spoke again, "My dear friend – please allow me to return the phone to your father first, he seems to have something to say to you…"

Shang Haojia had almost had some ominous premonitions. He raised his eyebrows and leaned against the wall, then heard his father's rare humiliated voice on the phone, "My dear son, are you looking for a boyfriend who is the leader of a drama club?"

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: June 2, 2021

Comments

  1. Well now I know that Doctor Shang's straight to the point speech was inherited from his father. His father didn't ask how was he but rather demand him to explain the situation 😅

    Wei Long was a blessing. He came and helped Mr Shang and made Doctor Shang relief.

    It's funny that his father speech change from military form to dramatical speech like Wei Long 😂🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like father like son 🤣

      I hope we see more of his dad, he is too funny 😂

      Delete
  2. I hope SHJ will say yes xD

    Thank you so much for the chapter~ 🙇🏻🙇🏻🙇🏻🙇🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too 🤣

      Thank you for reading~~ ❤❤

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter! I love to hear all of your comments.

Be sure to check back, as I always try my best to respond to every comment I receive!