My Vampire Faints at Blood Chapter 9

Deep Wounds Require a Tetanus Shot

"Husky – this name sounds interesting, is it a special species?" Wei Long blinked curiously as he leaned over gracefully, opening the door of the bedroom for him, and leading Shang Haojia out of the villa.

"I am a noble snow wolf, not a bloody husky!" The two raised their heads at the voice. Before Shang Haojia could react, he was expertly embraced by the vampire, who put him behind him, and he was able to avoid the werewolf friend who descended from the sky.

Probably because he was too eager to explain clearly, He Jialun's body had already undergone a partial transformation. Soft and dense white fur grew on his body, his eyes turned into an ice blue colour, and two ears were erected on the top of his head. A huge tail pierced through his pants and hung down behind him. He couldn't help but sway the tail, so it was clamped tightly between his legs.

"Hello, my snow wolf friend." Seeing the conspicuous three-fire pattern above his eyebrows, Shang Haojia nodded convincingly. Looking at the soft and shiny dog fur, he finally couldn't help raising his hand and scratching under his chin in a friendly manner.

"Ao woo – woo..." He Jialun couldn't help but wag his tail, and he instinctively howled, but halfway through his howling, it turned into an extremely aggrieved cry. Covering his face with two wolf paws that were hidden in his sleeves, he sneezed the whole way as he ran down the hallway on the second floor, and rushed out of the villa with his tail between his legs without looking back.

"He seems to have been hit hard... Do I need to apologise?" Seeing the exposed human-shaped husky hide his face and leave, the kind-hearted Doctor Shang once again felt a strong feeling of guilt, and turned around to ask with a guilty conscience.

"Please don't mind him, in fact – we are very used to this situation." Wei Long smiled and waved his hand. He squeezed his right hand into a fist and placed it against the tip of his nose, concealing his smile with a light cough, "After a werewolf transforms, there will be obvious changes in personality and behaviour, it’s just – unlike most werewolves who become irritable and impulsive, Jialun will become more sentimental and neurotic. It is more difficult to communicate with him and oftentimes no one can find him when he runs away. For this reason, we usually don't support him arbitrarily transforming."

"Suddenly I want to ask about his family history – The werewolf who lives in the third-class cabin fell in love with the female husky who was meticulously dressed by her owner. I have already made up a drama that is comparable to Titanic." Shang Haojia shook his head and muttered in a low voice. He followed Wei Long down the spiral staircase, and couldn't help but raise his head, "Mr. Wei, this villa is so big, are you and Mr. He alone?"

"No, no, in fact, this is where many friends are temporarily staying. Because of my personal experience, I am also very willing to help them during their temporary distress – Of course, my friend, there will always be a place for you here. You can stay here anytime you feel tired or hungry. I swear by my family’s reputation that the next time you visit, I will never make the stupid mistake of taking off your clothes without authorization." Suddenly, Wei Long stood still and bowed gracefully at him. His tone was enthusiastic and full of sincerity. From head to toe, he accurately interpreted the standard meaning of the word ‘hospitality’.

Surprised that his casual question would lead to such a long answer, Shang Haojia was so frightened by him that he took a half step back, and was about to vigilantly reject this kind of inexplicable pie in the sky, but his attention was suddenly lost to a fascinating fragrance that wafted past. (Angel: Pie in the sky, or 天上掉馅饼, is an idiom that means that you can enjoy something ready-made without any effort.)

In front of him, a pie was slowly descending from the sky.

"..." Shang Haojia stared at the plate of pie in a complicated mood, and didn't know how to react for a while.

"Ali, is it your responsibility to deliver the food today?" Saying hello with a smile to the air in front of him, Wei Long raised his hand to take the plate of pie, and leaned apologetically towards Shang Haojia, "Considering that your eating habits may be more Chinese, I asked Master Meng Tian to prepare dinner for you, but I didn't expect Ali to deliver the meal – This is one of the friends in the villa, a ghost that has lived for more than a thousand years. I mentioned earlier that there was property that was handed over to the country, it was this unlucky friend."

"I’ve heard so much about you." Shang Haojia couldn't see the specific location of the ghost, he could only guess and extend his hand into the air. He felt a faint wind blowing from the back of his neck, causing him to shiver involuntarily, "I don’t know if this question is offensive – May I ask, do all people become ghosts after they die?"

As an emergency doctor, Shang Haojia was certainly not afraid of corpses, but this must be based on not believing that there are ghosts in this world. After knowing that there was indeed a living ghost in front of him, Doctor Shang, who had dared to sleep in the morgue, suddenly felt an inexplicable coolness run down his back.

"This is not the case – In fact, since the underworld of each country is very responsible, only a few ghosts will accidentally stay in the world due to registration errors or accidental deaths." Wei Long shook his head as he explained thoughtfully, and then greeted the in air in front of him. It was obvious that the ghost had floated back again. "Ali’s condition belongs to a special category – He met a ghost while walking at night and was scared to death. In fact, he is still very afraid of ghosts up until now, so for his own safety, he will always follow the heavenly master who is responsible for eliminating ghosts, and rarely dares to go out alone."

"I always thought this was just a joke. After being scared to death by a ghost and becoming a ghost, the scene must have been very embarrassing..." After receiving the pie that Wei Long handed over, Shang Haojia nodded thoughtfully, and took a bite vigilantly, "Considering your overall diet, I still have to confirm – there is no weird filling, right?"

"Don't worry, the heavenly master is also a normal human being, so I asked him to prepare your dinner." Looking at his vigilant look, Wei Long couldn't help but laugh. He nodded patiently, but then sighed with regret, "In fact, I should have put on a grand banquet to entertain you. It’s just that I don’t know much about human food, so I didn’t prepare well. Please forgive me."

"It's okay, you took care of my meal, I'm very grateful." Hearing his assurance, Shang Haojia breathed a sigh of relief, and quickly finished the pie in front of him. He finally got his faintly painful stomach calmed down, "Speaking of which – I'm still very curious about your way of eating. You are a vampire, so it stands to reason that your food is blood. However, since you faint, how can you solve this contradiction smoothly?"

"In fact, we vampires don't need food, blood is just the source of our strength." Wei Long shook his head patiently, poured another glass of red wine, and handed it to him, "But if we want to gain strength, in fact, we are not limited to sucking blood. In this world, there are many mysterious caves and ruins, hidden in which are natural altars that can replenish our strength. As long as I can find them smoothly and replenish, I can support myself for quite some time."

"Sounds pretty good, like hunting for treasure." Shang Haojia nodded with interest, and was about to ask more questions that he had been curious about, when the phone in his pocket suddenly shook.

"Sorry." Nodding apologetically to Wei Long, Shang Haojia took his cell phone out from his pocket. When he glanced at the caller ID, his expression suddenly became serious, "It's me, what's the matter?"

"Old Shang, I'm sorry – I know that you are on vacation. Ke Li can’t stand it anymore, can you come back and help?" The voice on the other end was apologetic, but also anxious and exhausted. They were obviously facing a very difficult and headache-inducing situation.

Although the manpower in the emergency department was lacking, it was usually sufficient, not to mention that there were a few interns who had recently arrived. Once it reached the point where it was necessary to call others to return urgently, whether there had been some consecutive serious car accidents, or whether there had been a fire or explosion, it would never be an ideal situation.

"Ok, tell me the situation first so I can understand what is going on." Shang Haojia quickly got up, gestured to Wei Long, and ran up to the room on the second floor.

"We don't know what's going on – It seems that there was a large-scale brutal animal attack that occurred in the city centre. There are more and more injured coming in now, and it looks like they were scratched by the paws of an animal such as a bear or tiger. Several of them had their ribs broken and need urgent surgery. We have already gotten support from other departments, but it’s not enough…" The voice on the other side was a bit intermittent as he was moving around, and there was a lot of humming in the background. Hearing moaning and painful cries, the situation was obviously already very chaotic and urgent.

"I see... I will rush to the hospital." After his experiences these past two days, Shang Haojia subconsciously guessed the truth. His heart sank slightly and he threw down his phone, grabbing his jacket and putting it on.

When he turned around, he met Wei Long's equally serious and worried gaze, "It won't be Jialun – he is usually not aggressive when he is transformed, and I have always trimmed his nails..."

"I know it's not him. Huskies generally do not scratch people, rather they tear into them directly with their mouths." Shang Haojia nodded, patted his faintly sore waist twice, and finally stepped forward bravely, holding Wei Long's shoulders with both hands, "My friend, even though I know this request is a bit too much – are you willing to carry me one more time and bring me back to the hospital as soon as possible?"

"It's not too much – on the contrary, I am willing to serve you wholeheartedly from the inside out." Wei Long's eyes suddenly lit up, and he nodded without hesitation. He opened his arms enthusiastically towards him, "I will pay attention to the posture this time, please trust me, this time I will definitely not hurt you again."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

I love how eager Wei Long is to serve Shang Haojia 😂

The pies they are talking about in this chapter are not the pies you would serve for dessert after dinner such as apple pie, but rather something akin to a beef pie.

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: May 17, 2021

Edited: July 28, 2023

Comments

  1. Now where can we find a Wei Long? Such dedication ❤️

    Thank you so much for the chapter!!!~ 🙇🏻🙇🏻🙇🏻🙇🏻🙇🏻🙇🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want a Wei Long. He's so dedicated, a good mode of transportation, quite entertaining, and has a plethora of interesting friends ♥♥

      Delete
  2. Oh~ they are getting closer~
    😆 Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for supporting my updates~~ ♥♥

      Delete
  3. Just finished read from chapter one till the last. The story is really interesting.

    A vampire who fainted when he saw blood, a werewolf (husky) who allergic to his ow fur, a shist who afraid of ghost. I wonder what other creatures who would appeared.

    Just curious, what is the meaning of the name Shang Haojia? Cause when he came to his empty house and found out his parents already moved, the author mentioned about his name. It's not 'good house' right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a super interesting a funny novel so far. Thank you for reading my translation of it and supporting me! ♥♥

      As for his name, this is what I got from the research I have done (it may not be right, as I have never really looked into name meanings):

      尚 (shàng): still, yet, to value, to esteem
      皓 (hào): bright, luminous; clear; hoary
      佳 (jiā): good, auspicious; beautiful; delightful

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter! I love to hear all of your comments.

Be sure to check back, as I always try my best to respond to every comment I receive!