My Vampire Faints at Blood Chapter 3

Wear Gloves When Handling Patients


"This is a very interesting proposal. Although we were once enemies with science, if you stand in the camp of science, those cold and rigid frames will no longer seem like their original appearance, full of its unbearable stupidity and dogma." Wei Long’s expression stiffened for a moment, then immediately changed into a decent smile. He took off his suit jacket and set it aside. One hand dexterously unbuttoned the cuffs, pulling the sleeve back to his elbow and revealing a pale arm with smooth muscles. (Angel: A dogma is a principle, or set or principles, laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true)

Looking at his overly calm attitude, Shang Haojia suddenly felt hesitant. The hesitation was not inborn, but rather valuable experience that has been gradually accumulated in the long-term struggle between teasing and praising because of his face.

Even if you don’t count the gift of the kiss just now, at this point, Doctor Shang has undoubtedly realised that this vampire, who had just crawled out of a mediaeval European antique coffin not too long ago was probably, maybe, really teasing him.

In his twenty-seven years of life, Shang Haojia has been approached by many people using various ingenious methods, but this was the first time he had encountered anyone who used epithelium and muscle tissue to tease him. (Angel: Epithelium is one of the four basic types of animal tissue, along with connective tissue, muscle tissue and nervous tissue.)

"If it doesn’t cause trouble, I hope I can apply for an eye mask, so as to properly block my own vision." As if seeing his hesitation, Wei Long sent his arm forward again, making a fist and laying it flat on the desk, "Although my recovery ability is very strong, I lose consciousness after seeing blood, which may be faster than the speed at which I can recover from the wound."

"Although I don’t have a blindfold, I have a lot of masks." Faced with the infinite temptation to upgrade treatment methods, Shang Haojia finally gave up his inner struggle and chose to devote himself to the great medical cause. He pulled out three disposable masks and neatly put them on Wei Long’s face, "I will give you a topical anaesthetic. It may be a little painful at first, but it will be better shortly."

"Thank you very much. You really are a careful and considerate gentleman. If I were a young lady, I would definitely be impressed by your demeanour." Wei Long smiled and nodded, relaxing his arm on the desk. Obviously, he did not feel any fear or tension.

It is rare to hear such straightforward and eager compliments. Even with the psychological quality that emergency doctors have trained over time, Shan Haojia still felt some blush creeping onto his face. Instinctively clearing his throat, he took out the cotton ball soaked in iodophor and applied it onto his arm, "I am disinfecting you now. It may be a little cold, don’t be nervous." (Angel: Iodophor is an iodine containing solution with a solubilizing agent that is used for sanitising.)

"Don’t worry, I don’t feel nervous. It’s just that the voice of the doctor disinfecting me seems to be more nervous than me." Wei Long raised his head, his pale fingertips drew a circle on the desk unhurriedly. Smiling, he turned to look at Shang Haojia, "I now suddenly want to be able to see your expression. I believe that it must be beautiful, like a poisoned red apple, with a magical power that makes people fall…"

Shang Haojia took out the lidocaine used for anaesthesia, shivered involuntarily, and interrupted him without hesitation, "If you don’t want my hands to shake and accidently cut off your entire arm, I hope Mr. Wei will try not to speak anymore."

"Although I am not afraid of this threat, I am willing to fulfil your wish." Wei Long smiled and nodded. As expected, he stopped talking. Shang Haojia breathed a sigh of relief and concentrated on injecting the anaesthetics. However, he couldn’t help but raise his head and glance at the person sitting upright in front of him.

Compared with the typical oriental face, his opponent’s face was obviously tougher, the nose taller, and the outline deeper. Although he wore three masks on his head in a funny way, he still couldn’t change the fact that his appearance was outstanding.

Born in a family of criminal police officers and taught by his parents’ actions and words, Shang Haojia undoubtedly loves science very much. In the ten years since he had entered the medical field, he had never thought that one day he would disinfect and anesthetise a vampire, and then remove a piece of tissue from his arm to take back to the lab for a biopsy.

The unthinkable extent of this incident suddenly made Doctor Shang feel a little bit worried. After all, his thesis must be absolutely scientific and objective. It is impossible for him to write that he has extracted relevant tissues from a vampire. A paper written like this, before being called ‘science’, he might be invited to be on ‘Approaching Science’. (Angel: Approaching Science is a Chinese TV program that promotes the spirit of science, publicises scientific ideas, promotes scientific methods, and disseminates scientific knowledge. This includes doubts and new phenomena, such as vampire regeneration.)

The last bit of anaesthetic had already been injected, and since he had already reached this point, Shang Haojia was not willing to stop here. He simply lowered his heart and carefully picked up the scalpel, neatly removing a small piece of tissue and placing it in the fixative. However, he couldn’t help but frown slightly.

"I think you may have encountered some problems. Is there anything I can do for you?" Hearing that the voice from the other party had suddenly stopped, Wei Long turned his head curiously and asked in a gentle voice.

Shang Haojia groaned for a while, then decisively picked up the gauze, pressing it onto his arm, "If your wound does not heal quickly, what might be the reason? Is your strength not enough?"

"Oh no no. My strength is still relatively sufficient, please rest assured. After all, because of my own reasons, the chance of me eating smoothly is really slim. So once there are certain conditions, I will try to ask myself to store enough strength so as to not enter a petrified state from malnutrition." Wei Long chuckled and shook his head, his expression still seemed gentle and reliable, "According to my guess, it is probably the kind of interesting liquid you injected into me at the beginning which is suppressing the speed at which my body heals automatically. After all, logically speaking, when your first needle penetrated my skin, my body would automatically recover, so it is impossible to inject fluid inside."

"I… I was anaesthetizing you just now… Sorry, sorry. I wanted to make it less painful for you, but who knew that it was self-defeating." Shang Haojia couldn’t help being stunned. He raised his hand and patted his head in annoyance, then quickly helped him bandage the wound, "How long will its effect last? A few hours, or a day?"

"You are indeed a very responsible doctor, and you have a considerable sense of responsibility and compassion." Wei Long took off the masks and looked at him with a slightly narrow smile in his eyes, "No need to worry about me. Although the effect of this liquid is very obvious, it is still much weaker than the silver cross that the vampire hunters used to restrain us. Please do not feel guilty because of me. After all, I took the initiative to hide my feelings when you injected the fluid, because at that time, your fingertips rubbed my skin and I felt a strange warm feeling, which made me forget my voice for a while."

Shang Haojia finally breathed a sigh of relief, but he couldn’t help but shudder and shake his head, "Okay, I’ll remember this lesson. Next time I operate, I will definitely remember to wear gloves."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: April 25, 2021

Edited: July 28, 2023

Comments

  1. Lol their banter is just 👌🏻👌🏻 hahaha

    Thank you so much for the chapter!!~ 🙇🏻🙇🏻🙇🏻🙇🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really looking forward to their relationship ♥

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter! I love to hear all of your comments.

Be sure to check back, as I always try my best to respond to every comment I receive!