My Vampire Faints at Blood Chapter 2

For the Rabies Vaccine, Go to Disease Control


"Doctor Shang, I believe that you should be a gentleman. Why don’t we sit down and talk?" The moment Shang Haojia’s hand touched his phone, the person suddenly appeared in front of him.

No one could see exactly how he crossed the large examination table and went directly to Shang Haojia’s side. However, he stood there firmly, holding Shang Haojia’s arm with one hand and had a decent smile on his face.

The two were standing very close together, so close that Shang Haojia could clearly realise that the man still had no heartbeat, no breathing, no blood in his skin, and dilated pupils. From any point of view, it was the standard state of death.

According to common sense, Doctor Shang should now quickly throw away the phone in his hand, yell "Ghost!", and then run away. However, the two interns were still standing at the door eagerly, and Shang Haojia, who was responsible for them, obviously couldn’t just admit his fear, as it would ruin the glorious image of the entire department.

Shang Haojia spent a second thinking about the consequences. He looked down and found that the man’s feet were still on the ground, and he finally felt a little comfort in his heart. "The emergency room is not a place to chat. If you want to explain today’s situation, we can go to my office and talk in detail."

The rest of the wounded are mostly common traumas and the remaining manpower was sufficient. Under the tragic gaze of the entire emergency room, Doctor Shang took a calm but not stiff step, leading the two uninvited guests out of the emergency room and leading them to his office.

As he walked into the office, Wei Long suddenly took a step forward and grasped Shang Haojia’s hand before he was able to take his gloves off. Leaning over gracefully, a soft kiss was placed on the back of his hand, "This handsome gentleman, I come from the ancient Middle Ages and I am a vampire of English descent. As this is our first meeting, please allow me to express my sincerest sincerity to you. Greetings~~"

"Although I don’t know the etiquette in mediaeval Europe, I at least know that the hand kiss should be used with ladies." Shang Haojia took his gloves off and slipped them into the pockets of his white coat. He carefully looked at the person in front of him who should be sent to the psychiatric department no matter which way you look at it. "It seems that if you are not a vampire, then we will have to rewrite the death conditions of the entire medical profession."

"In your scientific system, we are an anti-scientific existence, aren’t we?" Wei Long smiled and nodded, cleverly avoiding the topic of hand kisses. "Please allow me to add one more sentence to introduce to you my loyal friend and housekeeper. His name is He Jialun, and he is a werewolf who is also suffering from certain diseases."

After Shang Haojia was completely subverted by the vampire, he gave up without hesitation and continued to stick to the scientific front. He quickly regained his professionalism as an emergency room doctor and took out the medical record folder on his desk, "By the way, I remember that this friend of yours said that you fainted because you saw blood, so do you actually suffer from fainting at the sight of blood?"

"I am ashamed, but I do suffer from fainting." Wei Long put on an apologetic smile and leaned towards him slightly, "In fact, I actually avoided that sudden car accident perfectly. However, because the scene that I saw when I stopped was too bloody, I temporarily lost the ability to move. We must express our sincerest apologies for the troubles we caused for your hospital. We ensure that we will deal with them in a timely manner and not cause trouble for you."

"It’s no bother for our hospital. But with all due respect, as a vampire, couldn’t this condition almost be regarded as a terminal illness? Are you sure you are not kidding me?" Suffering a headache that appeared from this suspected conclusion, Shang Haojia rubbed his forehead and finally couldn’t help interrupting his overly cumbersome use of words.

Wei Long was not displeased at all at the interruption. Instead, he sighed helplessly and nodded in agreement. "I also often feel distressed about this matter. Because of this fainting, I have to separate from my ethnic group all year round…"

Before he could finish his words, the werewolf beside him snapped angrily. Stepping forward proactively, he bared his teeth towards Wei Long, "What are you calling separation? As a pure-blooded vampire in the Middle Ages, you were scared to petrification by the battle of the pure-bloods and fell asleep until the 21st century. This made those pure-blooded people think that the vampires were all dead. I think that you are a fake vampire."

Wei Long looked at him regretfully. He shook his head and sighed, "So it is true that werewolves are a race insulated from gentlemen. Right now, I am talking to Doctor Shang. Do you have to use those past events to disturb our relaxed and pleasant conversation?"

Under that gaze of the old high-level vampire, the new generation werewolf couldn’t help taking a few steps back. However, he still pushed back, unconvinced, "You always pick up a good-looking person, but what’s the use of it? You don’t even dare to bite him and make him bleed."

Wei Long rubbed his jaw. Looking at the werewolf in front of him thoughtfully, he shook his head slightly regretfully, "Jialun, if you continue to be aggressive like this, I will consider taking you to get the rabies vaccine."

"You don’t need to go to the hospital for the rabies vaccine, just go to the disease control clinic." Shang Haojia interjected, but then he suddenly thought of something and shook the pen in his hand, "That’s not right, I don’t know what species a werewolf should be… Maybe you should take him to the veterinarian. The rabies vaccine is designed for the human body and may not be useful for him."

"What’s the matter with you two? Didn’t you just meet him? Why have you started bullying me with him?" He Jialun looked at the two people who seemed to have reached a consensus. He shook his head strangely, turned, and walked out of the office, "I don’t want to be with you two. I now doubt whether or not you will hand me over to the doctor to use for an autopsy…"

"Doctor Shang, you are indeed a very interesting person." Ignoring his anxious friend, Wei Long smiled and looked at the human doctor in front of him. The admiration in his eyes became more and more intense, "Most people will be frightened and panicked when they know our true identities for the first time. But you are all but one. Apart from feeling nervous when I first approached, you calmed down very quickly, which is indeed very admirable."

"Rather than completely overthrowing medical theories and re-editing textbooks, I would rather admit the existence of vampires and werewolves." Shang Haojia put down the medical records folder and put the pen back into his pocket. Clasping his palms together at the tip of his nose, his body slightly leaned forwards towards Wei Long, "I heard that a vampire can quickly heal after an injury. Is this really the case?"

"As long as not too much strength is consumed, I can do it." Wei Long nodded. He raised his eyebrows and he couldn’t help but show some curiosity in his eyes, "Is there anything I can help Doctor Shang with? To make up for today’s event, I am very happy to help you."

"It’s like this. The paper I am working on now is related to the rapid hemostasis of the wound and the drugs and hormones that can accelerate wound healing." Shang Haojia showed a satisfied smile. Rubbing his hands, he suddenly took out a sharp scalpel from the drawer, "If it’s convenient for Mr. Wei, may I take a sample of your body tissue to take back for a biopsy?" 

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous ChapterTOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Wei Long's use of words is indeed overly cumbersome (╯‵□′)╯︵┻━┻

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: April 16, 2021

Edited: July 28, 2023

Comments

  1. 'cumbersome'
    I can't help but agree with this phrase.
    Seriously, it's not only hard to read firstly but when I imagined my conversation with him, I felt so tired... So, it will be fixed one moment. :)
    Thanks for your translation~~

    (Vorondano.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He talks in such old and proper English. I can't even change it because that's just his character... 〒▽〒

      I am glad you are enjoying it~~ Thank you for reading my work ♥♥

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter! I love to hear all of your comments.

Be sure to check back, as I always try my best to respond to every comment I receive!