After Crossing Over to the Republic of China, I've Become a Heartthrob Chapter 42

A Fleeting Dream


Warning: This chapter includes s suicide.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Shi Yao's soul floated and floated, and when it reached a very high place, it suddenly dissipated.

When the soul gathered again, it was in a four-dimensional space.

This space had no shape, no end, no boundaries, and no measurements. 

As Shi Yao looked around curiously, he saw a soul identical to his own standing not far away.

It was Shi Rongyu.

But unlike his own energetic self, he looked very fragile and thin.

His colour was transparent.

Shi Rongyu said: "I have been waiting for you for a long time."

Shi Yao asked him, "What's the situation now?"

Shi Rongyu pointed to the left and right: "Go and take a look."

Shi Yao first drifted to the left, and through a layer of mist, he saw a modern hospital ward.

He was lying on a hospital bed, and the blinding light was so intense that he couldn't open his eyes.

When he drifted to the right, through the same layer of mist, he saw the Republic of China, and his own funeral.

Shi Yao was shocked: "What the hell is going on here?"

Shi Rongyu explained, "We were on the verge of death at the same point in time, causing our souls to be swapped. But unfortunately, due to the fact that I wasn't rescued, the energy of my soul was too weak to enter your body, so I stayed here."

"So, when I entered your body in the Republic of China, you were supposed to enter my body in modern times?" Shi Yao immediately apologised: "I'm sorry, I got stuck over there and your body was lost."

Shi Rongyu shook his head: "No need to apologise to me, I should have died at that moment, it was your arrival that made me see the story behind it." 

"I'm really sorry." Shi Yao said guiltily, "Is there any solution to the current situation? Why don't you go to my modern body and replace me there." 

Shi Rongyu smiled: "I'm going to disappear soon." His smile was very shallow, revealing a sense of calmness: "I'm thankful to you, you became what I wanted to become. I have no regrets."

After saying this, his soul became more and more transparent and gradually disappeared in front of Shi Yao.

What the hell?

So now, he's the only one left?

Shi Yao floated to the left. In the modern ward, he was lying peacefully, with no sign of waking up.

When he floated to the right, it was drizzling in the Republic of China, and his funeral was full of solemnity.

When Shi Yao saw Qiu Hongshang holding his photo, crying so hard that she fainted, his heart ached.

He saw Song Liao kneeling in front of his grave, motionless like a statue.

Jacob was wearing a rare formal black suit, with a red rose pinned to his chest, which he placed in front of the coffin.

Professor Han turned white in one night.

And Song Yuan? Where did he go?

Looking around, Shi Yao was disappointed to find that Song Yuan hadn't come!

How inconsiderate could he be?

They were, at least, once on good terms, weren't they?

Where the hell was Song Yuan?

As Shi Yao thought about this, his perspective shifted, and he saw an unusually bloody scene.

A row of people with their hands tied, kneeling on the ground, begged in a low voice: "President Yuan, please, let us go, we don't know anything, we were just following the orders from above, Shi Yao's death has nothing to do with us, it's all because Xia Jin acted on his own!" 

Xia Jin, it's this bastard again!

Shi Yao's teeth were itching with hatred.

Then he saw Xia Jin's miserable appearance as he was being tortured, and he was neither a human nor a ghost.

This is a bit too tragic.

Song Yuan was a bit too cruel.

Seeing Xia Jin half dead, Song Yuan finally shot him in the head.

Blood splattered on his white shirt, Song Yuan was expressionless, and even smiled elegantly. 

The kneeling boys were shivering and begging Song Yuan to spare them.

Shi Yao thought, there's a right and a wrong, and since Xia Jin is dead, it's almost time to get over it.

Before he could finish his sentence, several shots rang out in his ears.

Shi Yao sighed, Song Yuan, what should I do with you?

The body of the murdered man was cold, and Song Yuan asked, "Over there, is it over yet?"

His men replied, "Not yet."

Song Yuan carefully wiped the blood on his gun and was about to go out when he suddenly thought of something and said to the person next to him, "Fetch a set of clean clothes, Yao'er doesn't like to see blood."

Shi Yao's heart was filled with sourness.

After a while, Song Yuan added, "Forget it, I'll just go see him like this. He knows me, I'll tell him."

It was already the middle of the night when Song Yuan arrived at the funeral.

He was quiet, and his expression was the same as usual, as if he was just an ordinary guest.

He stayed at Shi Yao's grave for a long time and said nothing, as if he was just an ordinary guest.

When the rain stopped, Song Yuan left.

He went back to his room, took out the pistol he had with him, loaded it and pointed it at his temple.

Wait, don't! Sung Yuan, you're not going to die, are you?

No! Shi Yao tried to stop him, but he was powerless.

Song Yuan, Song Yuan, Song Youlan!!!!

Song Yuan put down his pistol.

Shi Yao breathed a sigh of relief.

"I can't die," Song Yuan muttered to himself, "Yao'er may not be dead, after all, there is still hope for his survival if his bones have not been found."

That's right!!! Shi Yao agreed in his heart, you can't die! It's none of your business if I die. Just live, okay? Behave yourself.

Song Yuan smiled, it was unclear if it was self-deprecating or something else, and he said, "This is what I deserve."

He quickly raised his pistol, pressed it against his temple and pulled the trigger, and in an instant, blood flowed down.

Along his handsome profile, sticky and thick, the blood dripped down and stained his white shirt. 

Almost at the same time, Shi Yao lost consciousness.

It started in Song residence and ended in Song residence.

Everything was as coincidental as if fate had arranged it, and everything was as powerless as if fate had teased it.

Water,

the sea.

Fluttering,

like stepping on the clouds,

and like suffocating. 

Water,

I'm so thirsty,

I want to drink water.

He suddenly woke up and saw a white ceiling.

His ears were filled with the harsh noise of machines.

Di-di-di-di, di-di-di-di.

"He woke up, he woke up, go and inform the director that the patient in bed 708 has woken up!"

Gasping for breath, with all kinds of syringes and equipment attached to his body, the numerical values of the instruments dazzled his eyes. 

I'm back.

I'm back in modern times.

Shi Yao closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

I'm back.

Why do I want to cry?

Life is fleeting, life is gone in an instant, how can I forget?

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

And with that, I've caught up on the non-ending chapters. All that's left are the five different endings, which will be uploaded tomorrow!

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: July 14, 2023

Comments