After Crossing Over to the Republic of China, I've Become a Heartthrob Chapter 39

Opportunity to Cross Over


Song Yuan did not change his expression and said, "You drank some wine at the family banquet last night, you couldn't find your way back, and you came into my place by mistake."

Shi Rongyu immediately apologised, "I'm really sorry for causing you trouble."

Song Yuan smiled: "It's okay, it's just a small matter." 

Shi Yao was speechless, Song Yuan's acting skills must be at the level of a movie star in modern times.

From then on, Shi Rongyu always had trouble remembering things.

Every now and then, he either made a mistake here or made a fool of himself there, was at the bottom of the list in every subject at school, and gradually became the laughing stock of the Song family. Everyone knew that Young Master Song Liao's marriage partner was an idiot with a beautiful face.

Naturally, Shi Rongyu knew that he was not well liked, and he was very depressed in his heart. 

He always felt that Song Liao didn't want to look at him because he didn't try hard enough.

So he began to carefully study how to attract the attention of his beloved.

One day he jumped into the river, the next he climbed up a tree, making a lot of trouble, disturbing the Song residence, and making Song Liao even more annoyed.

With no other choice, Shi Rongyu had to turn to the last page of the 'One Hundred Ways to Capture Your Sweetheart', intending to use the most poisonous trick: a late-night bondage game!

Seeing this, Shi Yao began to feel ashamed, who wrote this book? Is it a serious book?

But it looks interesting, where can I buy it?

Finally, it was time for the exciting evening!

Shi Rongyu pestered to spend the night in Song Liao's room, and in the middle of the night, he took out the fateful rope and looked at Song Liao with anticipation.

Song Liao: "What are you doing?"

Shi Rongyu hesitated before saying: "Young Master Duheng, it's a new... bedroom interest I've learnt recently."

Song Yao: "... I'm not interested."

"Young Master Duheng, please, try it with me? The book says it's fun!"

"Stop reading that nonsense," Song Liao frowned: "it's meaningless."

"Young Master," Shi Rongyu blushed slightly: "you can tie me up and do whatever you want to me."

Looking at the person who looked exactly like him uttering such shameful sentences, with the target being Song Liao, Shi Yao was so embarrassed that he wanted to die on the spot.

"I've said it before," Song Liao was deeply helpless: "I'm not interested in you."

"Young Master, why," Shi Rongyu said with tearful eyes: "why can't you just like me?"

Shi Rongyu wrapped himself up with the rope, as if forming a delicate net, every minute and every inch was for his obsession with Song Liao.

Song Liao kept silent and just turned around, his back to him, no longer paying attention to him.

Shi Rongyu's heart felt uncomfortable, and he turned to face the other direction. Wasn't he tied up with a rope?

Without knowing where he kicked, the whole rope suddenly locked with a violent 'whoosh' sound, and it began to strangle his throat.

Shi Rongyu's face turned red, but he couldn't make a sound.

No way?

Shi Yao inwardly muttered, he, strangled himself to death???

No, if he died, then how come he was fine when he crossed over?

I didn't see any rope tied around my body.

As Shi Rongyu fainted due to asphyxiation, almost at the same moment, Shi Yao's consciousness was suddenly returned to modern times, to the day he was hit by a car.

It turned out that Shi Rongyu and he were on the verge of death at the exact same time, and their souls were swapped!

Just when Shi Yao thought that he was going back to modern times, he heard Qiu Hongshang's voice in his ear: "Yao'er, Yao'er ......"

The scene in front of his eyes became more and more blurred. Shi Yao vaguely saw that, in the latter half of the night, Song Liao turned around, untied the rope around Shi Rongyu's body for him, and covered him with a good blanket.

What the hell, Shi Yao complained in his heart, his mouth is hard and his heart is soft, Song Liao is really an arrogant and childish ghost.

"Yao'er, wake up, it's time to wake up...."

Abruptly opening his eyes, sweat had long since soaked his shirt. Shi Yao stared at the snow-white ceiling, looking at the person in front of him.

His thoughts gradually recovered.

He was back in the Republic of China, back in the real world. 

He was picked on by Xia Jin at the National Business Conference and hit his head.

Qiu Hongshang treated him and awakened his old memories.

He is now Shi Yao, who carries the memories of Shi Rongyu.

Qiu Hongshang asked with concern, "Yao'er, how are you?"

"I'm fine," Shi Yao said, "I just remembered some things."

"It's good that you're okay." Qiu Hongshang asked, "What do you want to do about that Xia Jin who hurt you?"

"Let's beat him up first."

"I've already beaten him several times." 

"You're really my mother, you know me so well."

"Naturally, no one understands you better than your mother."

Shi Yao immediately felt very warm, he hugged Qiu Hongshang, his heart full of emotion. 

When he first crossed over, he always felt that this place was dangerous, chaotic and bad.

The people around him were all unreliable, and he wanted to go back to modern times.

But now, with the deepening of his relationships, if he were to lose it all one day, Shi Yao was beginning to feel a little scared.

He said, "It feels so unreal, I hope this is not a dream."

Qiu Hongshang stroked his hair: "Silly boy, Mother is right beside you."

Shi Yao said, "I'm hungry, I really want to eat."

Qiu Hongshang smiled: "Okay, I'll send someone to bring you whatever you want to eat."

"I want to eat outside, it's boring to stay inside for so long." With these words, Shi Yao got out of bed and headed outside.

Qiu Hongshang stopped him and said, "Wait, Son, I suddenly remembered that I forgot to tell you that there are many people squatting outside the door."

Shi Yao: "? What are they squatting at the door for?"

Qiu Hongshang looked at him with a meaningful expression: "President Song Liao said he was worried about you and wanted to visit, but I didn't let him. President Song Yuan sent a large batch of fine medicinal herbs, and of course, there's also Xia Jin who is tied up, he said you can do whatever you want with him. There's also a guy named Jacob, who's been here a few times, but I sent him away."

Shi Yao: "... Ahem, so they shouldn't be here right now?"

"Indeed, they're not here right now, but they've got people squatting at the door, so if you go out, you'll get their messages right away."

Shi Yao: "? They're so idle, do they have nothing to do?"

Qiu Hongshang: "If you don't want to be disturbed, we can go out through the secret passage."

Shi Yao: ? Secret passage? You really know how to play, as expected of my mother.

After dinner, it was already night time.

Qiu Hongshang went back to the Chamber of Commerce to take care of her work, while Shi Yao visited Han Pu at the hospital.

Professor Han, why aren't you awake yet? 

Didn't you say you'd wake up soon?

You can't lie to me.

Shi Yao remembered Han Pu's subconscious long-haired costume look, which was so beautiful.

He couldn't help but play with Han Pu's hair and tugged it gently.

So cute ha ha.

When Han Pu wakes up, I'm definitely going to convince him to grow his hair long and get into cosplay.

Han Pu: ?

As he was having fun, there was a soft chuckle from not far away.

Shi Yao was startled when he saw Song Yuan.

Song Yuan approached him, "Yao'er, are you feeling better?"

"I'm fine," Shi Yao averted his gaze and looked down at Han Pu.

"I was worried about you," Song Yuan asked, "where were you hurt?"

Shi Yao remembered the scene he saw in the original owner's memories.

"I remember everything," after a while of silence, Shi Yao asked, "did you drug Shi Rongyu?" 

Song Yuan was a bit surprised, but in an instant, he honestly confessed, "Yes."

"Because of this, he was indirectly killed." Shi Yao said, "Song Yuan, I don't know how to face you."

"I don't regret it." Song Yuan looked at him: "He died so you could be with me."

Shi Yao had mixed feelings in his heart, both distressed and helpless, Song Yuan was always like this... making others feel helpless. 

"Yao'er," he gently wrapped his arms around Shi Yao and whispered in his ear, "I love you more than my own life."

Shi Yao's whole body tensed up nervously, he couldn't push Song Yuan away, but he was afraid that Han Pu would suddenly wake up, so he was in a dilemma.

"Yao'er, why are you nervous?" Song Yuan wanted to tease him and said, "In front of Professor Han, whom you admire, do you not dare to do something out of bounds with me?"

Song Yuan is really bad!

Shi Yao's teeth were itching with hatred: "Shut up!"

"What? Did I say something wrong?" Song Yuan gently stroked his lips: "You're so nervous, aren't you more excited, hmm? "

Song Yuan is really perverted!

Shi Yao swallowed his saliva: "Song Yuan, don't go too far."

"Yao'er, let's let go of everything in the past and be together again, okay?" Song Yuan asked him, gently and affectionately.

Shi Yao didn't know how to answer, but he heard a 'click', the doorknob turned, and Song Liao walked in.

Shi Yao: ?

Song Liao looked at Shi Yao, then at Song Yuan, then at Han Pu, who was lying on the bed.

After an eerie, awkward silence, he coughed, "Shi Yao, come here, I want to talk to you."

Shi Yao immediately sprang up from his seat, unable to stay in this situation for even a second: "Talk talk talk, let's talk outside."

Ignoring Song Yuan's dangerous gaze, and under immense psychological pressure, Shi Yao followed Song Liao to the hallway outside the ward.

Song Liao asked, "How's your injury?"

"I'm fine, it's just a bump, I'm okay now."

Song Yao asked: "What are your plans for the future?"

"When Professor Han wakes up," Shi Yao deliberately teased him, "I'll attend school during the day and work in a brothel at night."

"Why are you still thinking of going to Yujiang Pavilion?!" Song Liao's anger rose.

"Ha ha, I'm just kidding, I just go there to help my mother with her business."

"Would you like to work at the Yuandong Chamber of Commerce?" Song Liao said, "I need an assistant translator."

"Young Master Liao, thank you for your kind offer." Shi Yao said sincerely, "I've just met my mother and I'm going to help her with the affairs of the Yingzhou Chamber of Commerce. But if you really need someone, I can help you as a translator from time to time."

"Okay."

After a moment of silence, Shi Yao said, "Song Liao, in fact, Shi Rongyu is very, very infatuated with you."

"Who?"

"Shi Rongyu, the original Shi Yao. When I was unconscious, I remembered a lot of things from the past." Shi Yao closed his eyes, and could feel the majestic and deep love for Song Liao that belonged to the original owner: "He really loves you."

Song Yao looked at him: "What about you? "

"He and I are not the same person, he is the former..."

"In my opinion, there is no such thing as the former you, or the present you." Song Liao interrupted him: "There is only the one you, the you in front of me."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: July 14, 2023

Comments