After Crossing Over to the Republic of China, I've Become a Heartthrob Chapter 38

Meeting Professor Han Again


Seeing Han Pu again, a wave of uncontrollable excitement and joy surged through Shi Yao's heart.

Even in his memories, Han Pu's elegance and splendour were breathtaking.

Shi Yao floated around Han Pu, taking a good look at him. 

But then Song Liao said, "I didn't expect to see you back in China? It's been a long time."

Han Pu smiled, "The nostalgic boat hastened its departure, I quietly bid farewell to Cambridge."

"As expected of a literary genius." Song Liao clinked glasses with him, "So, what are your plans for your return?"

"I received a teaching position at Nanyang University." Han Pu noticed Shi Rongyu beside Song Liao, but as he was not one to ask about other people's personal affairs, he only gave him a small nod of greeting.

Shi Rongyu, already a cowardly man with a low self-esteem due to his lack of education, didn't dare interact with Han Pu, and instead cowered behind Song Liao even more.

The hall was filled with pleasantries. Han Pu, who was not a fan of noise, left after greeting those he knew well.

Shi Yao concentrated, trying to escape the confines of his original perspective, and tried to follow Han Pu as he left.

But it was too taxing, and his consciousness had barely left the room before Han Pu had already left in his car. 

Fortunately, he remembered the location of Han Pu's home.

By the time Shi Yao reached Han Pu's home, it was late at night, and the professor was already asleep.

Shi Yao watched him silently, his throat aching as he remembered that in the real world, Professor Han was in a coma and in the same state.

Suddenly, a bold idea jumped into his mind.

Since he was now a conscious entity, able to access the original owner's memories, did that mean that he could also access Han Pu's consciousness? 

And in that case, was there a small chance that he could provide a glimmer of hope for awakening Han Pu?

Just thinking about it made Shi Yao's heart leap with joy.

Looking at Han Pu's peaceful sleeping face, Shi Yao whispered in his ear, "Professor, let me be close to you, okay?

Suddenly, he felt like he was surrounded by a very bright light.

Shi Yao opened his eyes and entered Han Pu's subconscious.

In front of him was a garden in a mountainous landscape, a paradise-like courtyard.

Han Pu was dressed in a fringed tunic and a crown, with almond-shaped eyes, elegant clothes and a clean-cut look; on his lap was a guqin, playing 'High Mountains and Flowing Water'.

Han Pu smiled at him, with the grace of a gentleman: "Shi Yao."

"Professor Han," Shi Yao complimented, "you're truly immortal, you look so cultured in your costume. What's the saying, a gentleman has no equal?"

"I'm a little surprised," Han Pu said as he set his guqin aside, "my subconscious has always been very quiet, and no one else has ever stepped foot in it." 

"Huh? Right, I'm sorry." Shi Yao felt like he had defiled some great treasure: "I didn't know, it was just a mistake."

"On second thought, I'm not surprised." Han Pu rose, the wind blowing his lapel: "Because it's you."

Shi Yao froze in place.

Han Pu said, "I've been waiting for you."

"Professor," Shi Yao wondered, "waiting for me, for what?"

Han Pu took Shi Yao to the study inside the house and poured him a cup of tea, "I've met a difficult situation, so in the real world, I've been slow to wake up."

There was a small lotus pond in the study, with a red lotus in the centre, but it was half withered, symbolising Han Pu's comatose state.

"What's the problem?" Shi Yao asked.

"I don't know if my perseverance is worth it," Han Pu teared up, his tone light: "I'm running for my ideals and giving everything I've got, but in the end, people are afraid of me, and I'm afraid that I'm bringing danger to those around me, and to you."

Shi Yao looked at Han Pu, his heart filled with regret.

Han Pu said, "I'm very scared. It's a good thing I was the one who got shot that day. If it had been you, if you would have been the one who got shot...." He paused for a moment and set down his tea, "I would not be able to forgive myself."

"Professor," Shi Yao looked seriously at him: "you did not bring danger to me, what you brought to me, is confidence, is enlightenment, is naked sincerity. I admire and respect you very much in my heart, and I sincerely recognise every effort you have made for your ideals. If you don't wake up, I won't be able to forgive myself." 

Han Pu's breath trembled as he said, "If I wake up and continue to stand by my principles and continue to fight for the rights of the underclass and the rights of women, there will be great risk if you remain by my side."

"I am willing to take such a risk. " Shi Yao said: "As long as you can wake up, I have no fear or regret."

Han Pu looked at him solemnly: "Have you really thought this through?"

"There's no need to think about it!" Shi Yao couldn't wait to package up his subconscious mind and bring him back to the real world: "Please, you must, must wake up." 

"Shi Yao," Han Pu looked him in the eye: "thank you."

"Professor, I'm the one who should be thanking you." As Shi Yao said this, Han Pu dropped his head slightly and kissed him lightly on the forehead.

His heart skipped a beat and his ears flushed red.

Han Pu laughed softly, "Sorry, I couldn't hold it back."

Shi Yao thought to him, why isn't this episode over yet?

According to the TV series, isn't the mission accomplished after the kiss?

Shouldn't I be back in the real world, where Han Pu will wake up and everyone will be happy?

Why are we still staring at each other? I can't hold it together with Han Pu looking at me like this, okay? 

If we stay any longer, we'll be in the middle of a teacher-student ethical drama!

"Were you frightened?" Han Pu saw him looking like he was lost in thought: "I'm sorry, I was abrupt."

"No, no," Shi Yao explained, "I was just wondering why we haven't returned to the real world yet."

"You can wake up anytime you want, I may have to wait a little longer."

"Why?"

Han Pu looked at the lotus in the pool, "It still needs a little time to recover."

"This lotus is your life force?"

"You could say that." 

"Why is this flower so wilted?" Shi Yao looked anxious: "Hurry up and put more fertiliser in!"

"I had no intention of living, that's why it's like this. Don't worry, I'm fine now." Han Pu stroked Shi Yao's reddened earlobe: "I will wake up soon."

"Okay, I'll be waiting for you, Professor." Shi Yao said, "It's a deal."

"Mhmm."

When he emerged from Han Pu's subconscious, Shi Yao expected to return to the real world.

Unexpectedly, the storyline on Shi Rongyu's side of the story hadn't finished yet.

Could it be that he would have to keep watching until the day he witnessed his own travelling back in time?

Thinking of this, he could not help but feel a hint of curiosity.

How did the original master die? And under what circumstances did he cross over?

Cut back to Shi Rongyu and the main point of view.

Shi Yao saw that Shi Rongyu was searching for his precious bamboo dragonfly in the dark at night because it had disappeared, when he inadvertently intruded into a long-deserted courtyard of Song's residence.

What's worse, he happened to see Song Yuan killing someone who was tied and blindfolded without any expression on his face.

The knife technique was clean and sharp, and he seemed to be quite familiar with it.

Shi Rongyu was trembling with fear, and was about to leave quietly.

But he heard Song Yuan call out to him, his voice so gentle: "Mr. Shi? Is that you?"

Shi Rongyu froze in place, not knowing what to do.

Song Yuan greeted him normally: "Can't sleep? Are you out for a walk?"

Shi Rongyu nodded, not daring to look at Song Yuan, not daring to make any eye contact with him.

"I suddenly remembered that I have a medicinal herb that can cure insomnia, if you would like, I can give it to you."

"Thank you." Shi Rongyu whispered: "No-no need, I'll go back first and rest."

Although he was timid and scared, he was not a fool.

He saw Song Yuan kill someone, how can he still dare to have any interaction with him?

He wished he could just leave and never have any contact with Song Yuan again in his life!

With this thought, he hurried out.

"Wait." Song Yuan called out to him, "Mr. Shi, why are you in such a hurry?"

Shi Rongyu had no choice but to stop, trembling slightly in fear.

"The moonlight is very good tonight," Song Yuan said gently, "Mr. Shi is new here, you are not familiar with the Song residence, right? Why don't we take a walk together, and I'll take you back?"

Seeing Song Yuan getting closer and closer to him, Shi Rongyu begged in a low voice: "Young Master, please let me go, I don't know anything, I didn't see anything."

Smiling softly, Song Yuan innocently said, "What are you talking about? Are you mistaken? We just met by chance, didn't we?"

"Ye-yes." Shi Rongyu only dared to follow his words.

"Don't be nervous, tell me, are you used to living in the Song residence?"

"Mhmm." 

"Is everything okay?"

"It's all good."

"Mr. Shi, your hair is covered with willow lint, wait a moment."

When Shi Rongyu paused, Song Yuan took out a wet tissue from his sleeve and quickly covered his mouth and nose, and in an instant, Shi Rongyu fainted.

As he watched, Shi Yao sighed inwardly, Youlan, Youlan, you really have a knack for doing bad things!

As expected of you, you are so gentle even in hurting people.

You're not going to kill him, are you?

I don't think so.

If Shi Rongyu died here, then how did he cross over?

Song Yuan brought Shi Rongyu back to his room and put him on the floor.

Then he grabbed a pill.

Drugs?

Song Yuan ground the pill into powder and fed it to Shi Rongyu.

Then he opened his acupuncture bag and inserted a few needles into several of his acupuncture points.

Oh my god, Shi Yao looked at him and thought, Song Yuan, are you omnipotent? You even know how to do acupuncture? You're not secretly developing poisons, are you? I'm shivering.

Shi Rongyu was miserable, he became Song Yuan's guinea pig.

What kind of drug did Song Yuan give him?

A memory-altering drug?

He won't become stupid, will he?

But it's possible!

Based on the original owner's reputation in the Song family and the original owner's report card, it can be deduced that the original owner's IQ was definitely affected!

I never thought that you, Sung Yuan, would be the cause of all this!

Song Yuan, you're really, someone you love and hate at the same time!

The next morning, Shi Rongyu woke up.

Song Yuan looked at him with concern.

Shi Rongyu's empty brain couldn't remember anything, and he looked shocked: "Young Master, why am I here?"

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: July 11, 2023

Comments