After Crossing Over to the Republic of China, I've Become a Heartthrob Chapter 32

Working in a Brothel


When Shi Yao woke up again, he felt dizzy, and before he opened his eyes, he heard someone shouting, wake up, wake up.

The wound on his body had already been treated and he had changed into clean clothes. Shi Yao lifted the blanket and got out of the bed barefoot. Before he could take a few steps, a young girl greeted him and said, "This young master, please sit down for a while, our owner will be here soon."

What the hell? Owner? Shi Yao was thinking, have I crossed over again? Am I in a martial arts novel? 

Looking around, he saw a desk phone and a wall clock, typical of the Republic of China style of decoration.

He was about to ask who the owner was when he heard a gorgeous voice that he hadn't heard in a long time: "Xiao Yao Yao, what a coincidence."

Jacob was wearing an English suit, and in his hand was a rose: "Last time, I was beaten and you saved me; this time, you were in trouble and I saved you. How can I say it, this must be a reminder from heaven that we are destined to be together.

"Jacob???" Shi Yao was shocked beyond words: "How did you get here?"

"I've been away for six whole months, don't you miss seeing me?" Jacob handed him the rose: "The gift of reunion, a red red rose, have you heard this poem? Love is a red red rose."

"Why would you, and me, anyway," Shi Yao took a deep breath, "what's going on?"

"I returned to England, inherited the family title and knighthood, but for you, I chose to become an ambassador for England and come back here." Jacob explained, "I bought this restaurant and there was an auction tonight. I never expected you to be one of the items up for auction, but I was lucky to meet you, otherwise."

"Otherwise?" 

"Otherwise our poor Xiao Yao Yao would have been mercilessly destroyed by a customer tonight."

"Wait, no, this whatchamacallit restaurant of yours, is it a proper restaurant?"

"On the surface, yes, but actually, no." Jacob said honestly, "It's very popular and makes me a lot of money."

Shi Yao was ashamed in his heart, it truly was the Republic of China, it was so fierce.

"Tell me, how did you end up in this situation?" Jacob asked, "They didn't take care of you?"

"Who do you mean by them?"

“Han Pu and Song Yuan."

"Professor Han is in hospital with an injury, and Song Yuan and I have broken up. "

"I heard about it, but the rumours are much more outrageous," Jacob opened a bottle of wine and sipped it as he said, "Rumours say that you were Han Pu's lover, that you had a teacher-student relationship, and that Song Yuan sent someone to assassinate Han Pu, so you stabbed Song Yuan."

Shi Yao coughed violently and almost spurted blood again.

Jacob hurriedly helped him smooth his back: "So agitated, is the rumour true?"

"That's nonsense!" Shi Yao's face turned red: "Professor Han and I are innocent, we are both teachers and friends. Professor Han is the person I respect and admire the most in my life! He... the reason why he was attacked is unknown, I thought it was Song Yuan who did it, so I stabbed him."

"All right, don't get worked up, even if the rumours are true," Jacob took another sip of wine: “you still have me, follow me from now on."

"What will I do with you? Work in a restaurant?"

"Why not?"

"Is this a proper restaurant?"

"Of course." Jacob smiled, "You could also come to work with me at the embassy, but I'd recommend that you don't go out these days."

"Why?"

"You don't know yet?" Jacob's blue eyes showed either ridicule or sympathy, "You're particularly famous now, and the whole city knows you."

Shi Yao had a feeling that this was certainly not a good fame.

"People from the Song family have reported you to the police, and the whole city is looking for you. The entire police department, and all the members of the Chamber of Commerce, are waiting for you to show up because," Jacob said, "the reward they're offering is too generous."

"What exactly is Song Yuan trying to do?" Shi Yao swallowed, "He's not really going to send me to jail, is he?"

"Not necessarily, I think he just wants to catch you," Jacob threw the empty bottle into the trash, "After all, our Xiao Yao Yao is so cunning, he could slip away if he's not careful."

"Can you help me get a new identity? I can't hide behind you every day, can I?"

"I can help you, but you have to promise me that you won't do anything risky again."

"Okay, I only have one thought now, I must find the person who attacked Professor Han Pu."

"You just said you wouldn't do anything risky."

"Sorry, this, I have to do."

"I really can't do anything about you," Jacob smiled, "but that's just the way you are, I know. That's what I like about you, Xiao Yao Yao."

"Thanks."

"If you want to ask for information, you can go to the Yingzhou Chamber of Commerce, which is said to have a network of contacts that reach all over the world."

Shi Yao said, "Okay, I'm going to the Yingzhou Chamber of Commerce, can you help me get in?" 

"Yes, the Chamber of Commerce has opened a brothel and is currently recruiting people, you can apply for it."

Shi Yao: ?

The Yingzhou Chamber of Commerce was mainly engaged in business in the East, so it was inevitable that it would be involved in the sex industry.

The Yujiang Pavilion, under its ownership, is a hot spring hotel in appearance, but in reality, it's a place of prostitution.

After recovering from his injuries, Jacob gave Shi Yao a mask and suggested that he should have a fancy name, such as Tony or Lily.

No, he said, I want to be called 007.

Jacob asked him exactly what he wanted to do, waiter, bartender, concierge, and so on.

"What's the easiest profession to find information in?" 

"Sleeping partners."

Shi Yao: ...

Jacob was about to tease him and talk him out of it.

Unexpectedly, Shi Yao said, "That's what I'll do."

Jacob: ?

"What, you look like you can't believe it?"

"Are you sure, Xiao You Yao?"

"I'm sure." 

"You really, you really surprise me every time." Jacob laughed, "Are you sure you can handle it?"

"I'm okay." Shi Yao asked, "I start work tonight, right?"

"Yes." Jacob said, "Do you know how to serve customers?"

"No idea."

"I'll teach you." Jacob squeezed Shi Yao's waist ambiguously.

Shi Yao: ?

"First of all, you have to know the customer's preferences in advance," Jacob knew it like the back of his hand: "Some people like it soft, some like it hot, some like to be abused, and some like it when you wear a skirt."

Shi Yao: ????! 

"What?" Jacob smiled and flashed a wink at him, "Backing off?"

"No!" Shi Yao said, "I can do it, it's just acting, who can't do it?"

"Very good, now I'll willingly sacrifice my face and act with you." Jacob said reluctantly, but his eyes were full of excitement: "You have to cooperate with me well."

Shi Yao: "... Don't be too perverted."

"How is that possible?" Jacob's big blue eyes shone innocently, "I've always had very refined taste. Now, Xiao Yao Yao, come and help me undress."

"Is that also part of the service?"

"Of course."

As Shi Yao approached, Jacob showed him how to undo his Windsor tie: "Come a little closer to me." 

Not being tall enough, Shi Yao stood on his tiptoes a little. Jacob brought him into his arms, and Shi Yao lost his balance and fell straight into his arms.

"Very good, not bad, that's it." Jacob smiled, "This is called unexpectedly throwing yourself into his arms."

Shi Yao: ?

After spending a long time trying to untie it, Shi Yao suspected that the bow tie was glued together with 502 glue: "This thing is too complicated, it's completely anti-human design, okay?"

"Shh," Jacob put his arm around him, "it's not the result that's important, it's enjoying the process, isn't it?"

Covering his hand, Jacob guided him to the knot of the tie, and with a gentle touch of his long fingers, it came undone.

Shi Yao heard him whisper in his ear, "It's time to unbutton your shirt, slowly, like this."

Jacob took his hand and slowly unbuttoned the first golden button on his collar, with what seemed to be a provocative touch, and the atmosphere was a little too ambiguous.

 "Don't be nervous," Jacob said soothingly, "everything is under control up to this point. The guests may make some strange requests. You can pretend to say yes, get the information you want, and then leave quickly."

"Okay."

"Let's practise," Jacob's voice was a little bewitching, "in case you're really in danger."

"En."

Jacob smiled softly and ran his fingers through his hair, "You're so obedient, I want to play a little game of master with you."

Shi Yao internally grumbled: is this not perverted? Is this refined taste?

"Okay Master," Shi Yao was serious about business: "what do you need me to do?"

"Xiao Yao Yao, can you take the initiative to sit on me, put your arms around my neck and ask me to kiss you?"

Shi Yao: ... No raging, no hitting.

Jacob looked at him expectantly.

Shi Yao straddled him, wrapped his arms around his neck and whispered in his ear, "Master, before we do this, can you answer a question for me?"

"Mhmm mhmm mhmm mhmm, whatever you want to know, I'll tell you." Jacob's breath hitched.

"Professor Han Pu, who tried to assassinate him?"

"I'll tell you after we kiss." Jacob dropped his head, and just as his lips touched his, just as the tip of his tongue touched his teeth, he received a punch to the jaw.

Shi Yao jumped off of him and Jacob looked at him with tears in his eyes, "Xiao Yao Yao, you hit me again."

"Who knew you were really going to kiss me."

"I was being professional! Not only did you not cooperate, you hurt me. Ohhhh my heart is broken!" Jacob complained miserably.

Shi Yao: .... What should I do, I want to hit him even more?

When he saw Shi Yao's fists clenching, Jacob immediately changed his expression to a serious one: "Ahem, but you're doing well, you can go to work."

"Okay."

"Just one request, don't hit the customers. If you have to, do it gently."

"Are you worried that I'll get you in trouble?"

Shi Yao thought, after all, the customers at a place like this are all rich and famous. He was the one that Jacob had gotten in through his connections, so if he got into trouble, it would definitely implicate him.

"Why would I?" Jacob winked at him, "I'm worried about your hand hurting."

Shi Yao: ...

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: July 2, 2023

Comments