After Crossing Over to the Republic of China, I've Become a Heartthrob Chapter 20

The Person Who Loves You the Most is Me


The spring flower viewing ceremony was held in a private garden on the outskirts of the eastern part of the city.

The security at the entrance was very tight, but Song Yuan brought Shi Yao in with no effort, just by using his face.

Shi Yao said curiously, "Song Yuan, didn't you say that you had resigned from your position as president and were now unemployed? So how come you can still attend Chamber of Commerce events casually?"

"This, I will explain it to you later." Song Yuan took a map and opened it: "Where do you want to go first?"

"I haven't thought about it yet, so let's just walk around casually."

Before he could take two steps, he heard someone call out to him, "Shi Yao."

It was Song Liao.

It's really 'enemies are destined to meet, there's no way to avoid it'.

Shi Yao had a slight headache.

But this was an event organised by the Chamber of Commerce, so it was natural for Song Liao to be here.

Pretending not to hear him, Shi Yao said to Song Yuan in a small voice, "Let's go..."

"Shi, Yao!" Song Liao stopped him in front of him, "Where are you going?"

"Young Master Song, what a coincidence, it's been a long time." Shi Yao looked at him with a smile, "You came to see the flowers too?"

Song Liao directly ignored Song Yuan and stared straight at Shi Yao: "Have you thought about the proposal made last time?"

"What proposal? Oh, you mean, going back to the Song family with you? Impossible, I refuse."

Song Liao took a deep breath to hold back his anger, "Even if you don't return to the Song family, you can't hang out with him."

Shi Yao reflected for a while before he understood that this 'him' referred to Song Yuan.

Aren't they brothers? Is their relationship so bad already?

Song Yuan wasn't angry and didn't intend to argue with Song Liao, he just gently held Shi Yao's wrist, "Alright, Yao'er, let's go over there."

"Wait, who allowed him to leave with you?" Song Liao did not relent: "Song Yuan, you left the Chamber of Commerce on your own, disregarded ethics, disobeyed your parents, and split from the Song family, now you are in this situation, and you still don't know how to repent?"

Song Yuan smiled, clear and bright: "You don't dare to disobey him, but I'm not like you, Song Liao. Sometimes I think that it's not necessarily a good thing for a person, like you, to have too smooth of a path."

"I don't know what to say." Song Liao frowned and said to Shi Yao, "He can't take care of himself now, so if you want to follow him, I'm afraid you're making a mistake."

"Hey, Song Liao, don't look down on people!" Shi Yao got angry, he couldn't stand the idea of bullying the weak: "How many times have I told you that I am an independent person, a complete person. First of all, I can support myself, I don't need to follow anyone! Secondly, even if he lives on the streets, I can still support him!"

At these words, the two Song brothers were stunned.

Song Liao's face was getting worse and worse, as if he had a fire in his belly.

However, Song Yuan smiled, like a spring breeze, and his eyes were filled with joy.

Shi Yao felt the atmosphere was really awkward, so he coughed uncomfortably, "If there's nothing else, I'll leave you two to talk."

Only after he had walked a long way away did Shi Yao feel relieved.

Every time Song Liao appeared, he was always under a lot of pressure.

Song Yuan asked him, "Yao'er, can you repeat what you just said?"

"Wh-what did I say?"

"You said you would support me."

"Mhmm, I'm like, Song Liao."

"You'll support me?"

"It's not impossible, but I'm very poor," Shi Yao said seriously, "We can save money, you can cook for me at home, and I'll go out to work to earn money, so we won't have to live in poverty."

"Yao'er, I have nothing now, and the Song family hates me. The wise choice would be to leave me, return to the Song residence and ask for Song Liao's blessing, wouldn't it?"

"I won't!" Shi Yao sat on the stone at the edge of the pond: "I'd rather starve to death than bend over five millimetres!"

"How cute."

"Cuteness doesn't make a meal... Seriously, why did you split from the Song family?"

Song Yuan stood beside him and brushed the willow fluff from his hair, "The reason is a bit complicated, I'll explain it to you later."

"Okay, so are you very sad now?"

"I'm very happy today, Yao'er."

"It's good to be happy, it's a day to be happy, and a day to be unhappy."

"I'm very happy." Song Yuan repeated, "Just wait for me for a little while, it won't take long."

"Wait for what?"

As Song Yuan was about to answer, a woman approached him and whispered, "Mr. Song, there is an urgent matter that needs your attention."

When Shi Yao looked over, there were a number of people dressed in suits and glancing at Song Yuan from time to time.

"I see." Song Yuan said to Shi Yao, "Yao'er, you can wander around on your own for a while, and if you don't see me by evening, go back first."

"Okay." Shi Yao had a sense of boundaries, and he would not ask about things that other people did not talk about. However, he had a vague feeling that something was not quite right, he had a feeling that Song Yuan was doing something big without his knowledge.

When the evening came, Song Yuan had not yet appeared.

Shi Yao went to the lantern market on his own, and it was quite lively.

He stopped for a long time in front of a lamp in the shape of a rabbit, because he remembered that the year he had travelled back from, 2023, happened to be the Year of the Rabbit.

As he was mourning, a pleasant voice rang out in his ears, reciting the words of a lantern riddle.

———

The sunrise is beautiful, 

and the friendship is long under the waning moon house,

but you have no intention of going there,

a spoonful of white water expresses your heart,

and the spring rain will last for three days,

but people have gone to the end,

it's unusual for Chang'e to have no daughter.

———

Shi Yao looked at the speaker and saw that it was Han Pu.

"Professor Han!"

"Mr. Shi."

"Master Han!"

"Shi Yao."

Smiling at each other, Shi Yao said, "I am surprised to see you here."

"I was also invited."

"I don't suppose you're interested in doing business, are you?"

"Well," Han Pu pointed to the lanterns, "I'm more interested in lantern riddles. You've been in front of this one for a long time, have you guessed it?"

"Haha, no." Shi Yao touched the riddle with embarrassment: "I'm not very advanced in Chinese language, so I can't understand it at all, I just like rabbits."

"2023 is the year of the rabbit."

Shi Yao was stunned and looked at Han Pu in disbelief.

How could Han Pu know what he was thinking in an instant, as if he could see through him?

"Master, you are amazing, how do you know what I..."

"Shi Yao, come and guess what the answer to this riddle is."

"I can't guess."

"Try it." Han Pu said, "Lantern riddles are not difficult, they are nothing more than separating words to make characters. In the first line, the sunrise is beautiful, ⽇ is at the top, with 揖 at the bottom, what word is it?"

"最?"

"That's right. Friendship is long under the waning moon house, add 揋 under the radical of 漝, what word do you think of?"

"爱?"

"But you have no intention of going there, æ‚š without ⼼"

"䜠."

"Mhmm. A spoonful of white water expresses your heart, ⽩ plus ć‹ș."

"的."

"The spring rain will last for three days, 昄 without 侉 and ⽇."

"⼈."

"But people have gone to the end, remove ⼈ add the bottom of ⾛."

"æ˜Ż."

"It's unusual for Chang'e to have no daughter, remove the character from the side of ć«Šćš„, and then the ćžž."

"我."

"Mhmm." Han Pu paused for a moment and said slowly, "The person who loves you the most is me" 

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

I decided to leave the lantern riddle explanation in the original characters because it was too difficult to change into English while still carrying the intended meaning. Forgive me if it's wrong, I tried my best.

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: June 19, 2023

Comments