After Crossing Over to the Republic of China, I've Become a Heartthrob Chapter 19

Oh No, I'm Moved


"President Yuan, although I know you are joking and trying to make me happy, I am very touched." Shi Yao was very self-aware, how could Song Yuan leave the Chamber of Commerce for a little thing like him.

"Yao'er, if I leave the Chamber of Commerce, there will be a gap between me and the Song family, therefore, I have no place to live."

"So?"

"I'm going to move in here and live with you." Song Yuan asked, "How about that?"

"You're the landlord, you own your house, you don't need to ask me."

"You live here now."

"There are two rooms anyway, so you don't have to kick me out."

"Okay."

"I'm unemployed, so I can go back to school, what about you?"

"Is Yao'er being conscious of me?"

"Of course I am, we're roommates now."

"I've been reduced to a jobless, socially inactive person."

"I don't believe it!" Shi Yao poked him in the face, "Even if you don't work as the president, you're still a man of great talent."

"How can you say that?"

"I just know it!"

Song Yuan smiled, "I don't have any work scheduled for the time being, so I can spend time with you."

"Song Yuan," Shi Yao looked at him seriously, "what do you think about Ling Junde's death?"

"Do you want to hear the truth or a lie?"

"The truth, of course!"

"I'm very happy."

"Song Yuan! Do you have any conscience?" Shi Yao resisted the urge to smash his head with a wine bottle.

Song Yuan looked at him innocently, "You told me to tell the truth, Yao'er. If you want to hear a lie, I can say it too, I feel terrible."

"You bastard."

Song Yuan explained, "Ling Junde's Keming Company, which has been too prosperous in the business world recently, has long been targeted. His intention to privately monopolise the gold mines is hated by countless people. His demise is the fall of a powerful opponent to me, and I will naturally be happy, and that is only one of many reasons."

"What else?"

"Secondly, Yao'er, you are too close to him and that makes me a little jealous."

Shi Yao was dumbfounded, not knowing what emotion to use to face his honesty.

Song Yuan gently embraced him and said, "The dead are gone, think about the people who are around you. Like me, forget about the unhappy things, huh?"

Song Yuan was really a gentle person.

No, no, Shi Yao suddenly remembered that he had just said that he was very happy about Ling Junde's death.

Gentle and cruel?

Warm and cool.

It's hard to figure out...

"What's on your mind, Yao'er?"

"No-nothing, thank you." Shi You said, "I'm feeling better."

"Do you have any plans for tomorrow? Do you want to go outside for a walk to relax"

"I don't know the area very well."

"I've thought of a good place to go."

"Where?"

"I'll tell you tomorrow."

"What's with all the secrecy?"

"That way, you can look forward to tomorrow, can't you?" Song Yuan smiled: "Rest well tonight, good night."

Early the next morning, Shi Yao was awakened by the smell of toast.

Hungry and with messy hair, Shi Yao jumped out of bed and went out of the room to see Song Yuan cooking breakfast.

"Morning." Song Yuan greeted him, "How would you like your omelette?"

"Youlan, you actually know how to cook!" Shi Yao was shocked, "And you're wearing an apron!

Song Yuan laughed, "Is that weird?"

"No, no, I'm just a bit," Shi Yao searched in his head for half a day, but couldn't find an adjective: "touched."

"Is that so?" Song Yuan took out the warmed milk and poured it into a glass: "Touched by what?"

"I don't know how to cook, neither does my father, and my mother died earlier, so I've always envied the family atmosphere of washing your hands and making soup," Shi Yao said, staring at him for a while before saying, "I've decided, I want to find a wife like you in the future!"

"What am I like?"

"Just, like you! Able to control inside and out of the house, virtuous and touching, respectful.

"I didn't expect Yao'er to know so many idioms, so why do you only get 3 marks in the Chinese exam?"

"No, that's not true. The 3 marks are for maths."

"What about Chinese"

"8 marks!"

"What a proud achievement."

"Song Yuan, don't make me move my hands."

"Huh? How do you want to move your hands?"

Shi Yao surveyed the size difference between himself and Song Yuan, and hated himself for being only 19 years old right now, "I'm going to wash up first!"

While eating, Shi Yao asked him, "Where are we going today?"

"The Chamber of Commerce is having a spring flower viewing celebration and a lantern riddle party at night."

"Wow, that sounds like fun, but can we get in? You're no longer the president, and I've resigned."

"It's not that difficult, but what would you give me in exchange, Yao'er?"

"In exchange for what?"

"An admission ticket." Song Yuan's narrow, phoenix-shaped eyes were playful: "An equivalent exchange."

"I am a poor student."

"No need for material goods," Song Yuan looked at him, "I told you my secret once, why don't you tell me one too, Yao'er?"

"A secret..." Shi Yao remembered that Song Yuan had told him about his own life and his tragic childhood experience. His heart suddenly beat extremely fast, what if he told him, what if he told him about himself crossing over.

Would he believe it?

"Yao'er?"

"Hmm, okay." Due to his nervousness, Shi Yao's voice trembled a little: "Song Yuan, I am actually, not the Shi Yao from before, I am a different person, no, I am Shi Yao, but I came from another time. Can you understand that?"

"No."

Shi Yao was a little anxious: "I mean..."

Song Yuan handed him a glass of milk: "Don't worry, speak slowly."

After drinking a mouthful of milk and licking his lips, Shi Yao continued, "Do you still remember that day? The celebration for the day the Nanyang Chamber of Commerce was established."

"Yes, I do."

"That was the first time I saw you."

"The first time?"

"Mhmm, I don't know if it was because I was struck by lightning or something else. Anyway, I came from another time and replaced the original one. I know it's weird to say that, but I'm not lying to you, and if you don't believe me..."

"I believe you."

Shi Yao paused: "You believe me?"

"Yes."

"But... why?"

Song Yuan looked at him gently, "You're not like him."

"You mean..."

"Shi Rongyu."

Lost time cannot be regained, so let's slow down and get away with it for a while. (Angel: Shรญ bรนkฤ› xฤซ zhรฒu dรฉ, liรกo xiฤoyรกo xฤซ rรณng yว”, ๆ—ถไธๅฏๅ…ฎ้ชคๅพ—,่Š้€้ฅๅ…ฎๅฎนไธŽ, is a line from Nine Songs Mrs. Xiang, a poem written by Qu Yuan, a poet of the Chu State during the Warring States Period. In modern Mandarin, it is ็พŽๅฅฝ็š„ๆ—ถๅ…‰ๅ•Šไธๅฏๅคšๅพ—,ๆˆ‘ๅง‘ไธ”ๆ‚ ้—ฒ่‡ชๅพ—ๅœฐๅพ˜ๅพŠๆธธ้€›)

The original Shi Yao, named Rongyu.

"What's different? Is there a difference in appearance? Or personality." Shi Yao immediately answered: "It must be the personality, the body is the same."

"At first, I thought you had a very different personality, and I thought it was because you had been stimulated and had changed your temperament drastically." Song Yuan smiled, "Later, I thought that even your appearance was different."

"What's the difference?"

"Although your appearance hasn't changed, your mental temperament is different." Song Yuan looked at him, his voice like a pearl: "I know it is you, and I believe you."

A hot stream of warmth flowed into his heart, tantalising his sensitive nerves, and the pleasure of being understood felt like an electric shock.

Shi Yao's heart skipped a beat and he thought.

Oh no, this is bad.

I seem, to be moved.

‿︵‿︵สš˚̣̣̣͙ษž・❉・ สš˚̣̣̣͙ษž‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: June 18, 2023

Comments