After Crossing Over to the Republic of China, I've Become a Heartthrob Chapter 6

Caught Red-Handed


Shi Yao said: "My engagement with you is cancelled, and I will move out tomorrow."

In front of him, Song Liao directly tore the divorce letter to pieces, "What you wrote is invalid."

"On what grounds? Tomorrow, tomorrow I'll go see your father and tell him face to face..."

"Shi Yao," Song Liao interrupted him, "from now on, you are grounded."

And so, the next day, Shi Yao found that he was unable to leave his room at all. The two guards at the door, Qing Long on the left and Bai Hu on the right, did not allow him to take a single step outside.

Song Liao had enough of a heart to ask Cai Zhu to bring him food, otherwise he would have starved to death here.

At lunchtime, Shi Yao asked Cai Zhu, "When will I be free again?"

Cai Zhu said, "It depends on Young Master Liao's mood."

"When has he ever been in a good mood?" Shi Yao sold his misery and said, "Good Cai Zhu, please help me. I'm a poor man with no father, no mother, no relatives, and I'm living a miserable life in the Song family. You, Sister Cai Zhu, are a beautiful person with a good heart, you must not be willing to see me being bullied by Song Liao again and again, right?"

Cai Zhu was thin-skinned and was a little embarrassed by his words, "Even if I wanted to help you, there is nothing I can do..."

"Good sister," Shi Yao looked at her expectantly, "you just need to tell me what time Song Liao will be back tonight!"

"Young Master Liao has a social engagement at the Chamber of Commerce tonight, so he'll most likely be back late."

"Then do you know where Song Yuan is being held?"

"Young Master Yuan was punished last night and should be in the ancestral hall today for reflection."

"Wonderful! Thank you, Sister Cai Zhu."

Seeing the sun go down, Shi Yao finished his dinner hastily and told Cai Zhu that he was grief-stricken today and wanted to rest early. Cai Zhu reassured him that all couples quarrel at the head of the bed and make up at the end, everything will be fine.

What kind of couple is that, Shi Yao thought, whoever wants to be married to Song Liao, go ahead, anyway, it was not Shi Yao.

After sending Cai Zhu away, Shi Yao immediately moved the table to the wall, put the chair on the table, and then stepped on the chair and leapt out of the window with a light leap.

Although Shi Yao was a road-weary person, he often skipped classes and scaled the wall when he was studying.

With a wealth of experience, he soon found a wall at the bottom of the Song residence that was easy to climb over. No sooner had he jumped down from the wall than a whistle sounded off to his side.

Shi Yao stumbled in fear and almost fell to the ground.

Jacob rolled down the window: "So excited to see me, my little bird?"

"What are you doing here? Squatting in the corner?"

"The god of love called me tonight and directed me to wait here for your arrival."

"Can't you be serious?"

"My father sent me to deliver something to the Song family, and I had just finished my mission when, before the car had driven a few paces, I saw a figure on the wall. I was thinking about who was so bold as to climb over the walls of the Song residence." Jacob looked at him slightly teasingly, "I was indeed right, you are the kind of person I was looking for."

"What kind of person?"

"Brave and brilliant, cheerful little bird."

"You call me bird again and I'll flip out!"

"Then what do I call you? Xiao Yao Yao, Xiao Xiao Yao?"

"None of that nonsense, just call me by my name." Shi Yao got into his passenger seat, "Where are you going?"

"You don't even know where I'm going and you're getting in my car?"

"As long as we can leave the Song family."

"Why don't we go have some fun?"

"What kind of fun?"

"Alcohol, music and dancing."

Shi Yao was instantly energised, "Okay, okay!"

"Then let's go to, Paramount Ballroom?"

A ballroom! It sounded exciting!

"Does that mean we get to meet beautiful women?"

"Of course," Jacob asked, "what kind do you like?"

"Good looking, with a warm personality and long legs!"

"Then what do you think of me?"

Shi Yao: ?

Jacob looked at him with affection, "Am I not good looking? Not warm enough?"

"Shut up."

"Aren't my legs long enough?"

"I'm going to jump out of the car if you keep talking nonsense."

"No need to jump out of the car, we're here."

At the Paramount Ballroom, Shi Yao got a glimpse of how popular Jacob was.

It seemed that he was a regular customer here; as soon as he entered the door, there were many people making secret glances at him.

But Shi Yao could tell that on this night, Jacob was purposely looking after him, introducing the drinks to him and playing games with him.

It was just that whenever Shi Yao suggested that he wanted to try to pick up some pretty girl, Jacob always stopped him by saying: "That one doesn't suit you, I'll introduce you to someone better next time."

It was midnight, and although he hadn't been able to meet any pretty girls, he had still had a good time.

When Jacob sent him back, Shi Yao made a point of buying some food and carrying it in his arms.

He was a man of honour, and since Song Yuan had been punished for helping him, he had to bring some gifts to others when he went out to play.

With Jacob as a stepping stone, Shi Yao climbed the wall again and felt his way back to the Song residence with ease.

The ancestral hall was decorated with incense, and in the middle of the dark night, only one of them was still lit up.

As soon as Shi Yao entered the ancestral hall, he saw the figure of Song Yuan kneeling on a pillow in punishment.

"Song Yuan," said Shi Yao, "it's already late, why are you still kneeling, can't you be lazy?"

Song Yuan was surprised: "Why did you come?"

"To bring you some delicious food!" Shi Yao put the roast chicken and wine on the offering table, "There's also fruit here, just in time for a midnight snack."

Song Yuan laughed helplessly, "This is a tribute, stealing it is really disrespectful."

"But, if you don't eat it, and if I don't eat it, the fruit will go bad."

Song Yuan stopped kneeling and sat on the pillow, looking at him tenderly, "What you say makes sense."

"That incident before, it was clearly not your fault, why didn't you explain?"

"Words of explanation are powerless," Song Yuan took the orange from the tribute, carefully peeled it and passed it to Shi Yao's lips, "Huairou Policy, this is my way of living."

Shi Yao bit into the orange and looked at Song Yuan's peaceful profile, and suddenly had an illusion.

He felt that Song Yuan...

was definitely not as simple as it seemed.

When he came out of the ancestral hall, it took a lot of effort to find Song Liao's room. Shi Yao had just tumbled in through the window, but before his feet hit the ground, he heard a low voice ring out in his ears.

"You still know how to come back?"

Shi Yao swallowed fearfully, it wasn't that he hadn't imagined the possibility of being discovered by Song Liao, but what he didn't expect was that he was so unlucky to be caught red-handed!

"Yo-Yo-Yo-Yo-Young Master!" Shi Yao moved towards the corner: "I just went out for a breath of fresh air, I was in the courtyard, I didn't go anywhere."

Song Liao grabbed his wrist and yanked him right over, violently slamming him down on the bed.

Shi Yao immediately sensed the danger: "Song Liao, we have something to talk about."

"You smell of alcohol, just returned from Yanliu Lane?"

"No, no, you misunderstood, I didn't, I didn't do anything..."

Song Liao took off his coat and unbuttoned his shirt, revealing his beautiful collarbone and white chest. His hand moved down and was about to remove his trousers.

The alarm bells were ringing in Shi Yao's heart, was Song Liao going to do this for real? Was his whole life's reputation going to be ruined tonight?

No, no, no, no, no, no, absolutely not!

Shi Yao firmly grabbed his wrist: "Song Liao, if you continue, I will never forgive you for the rest of my life!"

Song Liao pinned him down, and his hot breath fell on the side of his neck, "Since you belong to me in name, why can't I punish you a little for violating the engagement?"

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: March 4, 2023

Comments