After Crossing Over to the Republic of China, I've Become a Heartthrob Chapter 3

Non-Normal Cohabitation


In the evening, after taking a bath, Shi Yao found a length of long silk cloth from somewhere and spread it in the middle of the luxurious bed.

Song Liao: "... What are you doing?"

Shi Yao: "Laying out the three eight line."

"What line?"

"No way, Young Master Song, you don't even know about the three eight line?" Shi Yao gave him a disdainful middle finger: "After the Second World War, according to the Korean Armistice Agreement, the 38°N latitude was used as the dividing line... Ah, wait, what year is it now?"

"Twelfth year of the Republic of China."

"Oh, the twelfth year of the Republic of China, that would be 19...1923! The Second World War hadn't even started yet, let alone ended! No wonder you don't know. Forget it, I can't tell you."

"Shi Yao." Song Liao looked at him seriously, "You said the Second World War, what does that mean?"

"Nothing, I'm talking nonsense." Shi Yao didn't want to be treated like a god or a psychopath: "Ahem, based on the current situation in the world, I speculate that there is a great possibility that a second world war will break out in the future..."

Song Liao suddenly gripped his wrist and pinned him to the bed: "Who told you this information?"

"Hey, hey, hey, Song Liao, you're hurting me!" While expressing his displeasure, Shi Yao spoke calmly and analytically, "History never uses anyone to speak, it presents the process and the outcome as it is, I just trust my own judgement."

Song Liao's eyes were hot, scrutinising like a hawk or a snake. Under such a gaze, it would be easy for ordinary people to get caught out. But Shi Yao, who had been scolded since he was a child, was so thick-skinned and so well-trained that he could even look him in the eye and smile sincerely.

Song Liao: ......

When Shi Yao broke free from his restraint, he explained to him with great interest, "Anyway, what this line means is that you are not allowed to cross the line. I'll sleep on this side, you sleep on that side, well water doesn't cross the river water, understand?"

"This is my room, my bed."

"But now I'm your roommate, and in theory, we share the right to use the items."

"I'm not your roommate, and we don't have equal rights." Song Liao looked down at him and said, word for word, "The room, mine; the bed, mine; you, also mine."

For God knows what reason, Shi Yao's heart skipped a beat and his ears flushed red: "No, no way, I've told you about the inherent rights given at birth, what yours and mine, shame on you."

Song Liao lifted the pitiful satin in his hand, looked at him carefully and said, "Shi Yao, do you know what this satin is made of?"

"What else could it be? A wedding quilt?"

Song Liao sat on the edge of the bed and flicked Shi Yao's head: "I'm curious, what's inside your head?"

"Wisdom and beauty."

"This silk, after you got me drunk last night, you climbed into my bed of your own accord and asked me to use it to tie you up..."

"Wait... wait... wait a second!!!" With those words, Shi Yao had already experienced a spike in his emotions and a surge in his aggression, and he almost wanted to strangle the original owner. Aren't you Chinese? Can't you be a little more reserved?!!!

"Wait for what?" Song Liao wrapped the satin around Shi Yao's hand, "Weren't you impatient yesterday?"

"Yesterday's me is not today's me." Shi Yao moved back warily, "The ancient Greek philosopher Heraclitus once said that everything flows, just as a human cannot step into the same river twice, you you you you you!!!"

"Go on." Song Liao listened with great interest.

"You you you, what are you doing taking off your clothes???"

"Did Heraclitus not tell you to take your clothes off when you go to bed?"

"Can you not talk about such a perverted subject while you're taking off your clothes?"

"I'm your fiancΓ©, you're my legal partner, I don't see anything inappropriate about it."

"Didn't you study business at Cambridge? Don't give me that law bullshit. Hey, you're not trying to get naked, are you?"

"I'm going to change into my robe, you can stop looking."

"Then I'm going to look, and I won't look away unless I see."

Song Liao stopped moving, "... You're more shameless than me."

Shi Yao retorted, "I'm flattered."

"Alright, I won't tease you anymore, I'll go to the bathroom to change, you should rest early."

When Song Liao came back, Shi Yao was staring at the ceiling.

Lying next to him, Song Liao asked, "Can't sleep?"

"Of course, it's only midnight."

"Do you usually stay up late?"

"Not only do I stay up late, but I also go to discos in the early hours of the morning."

"... It's not good for your health."

"I know, I'm just saying." Shi Yao said, "I've always slept alone, maybe I don't have good sleeping habits."

"How bad can they be?"

"I might roll around in bed and put my feet on top of you, like now." Shi Yao kicked him once and before he could get away, he was wrapped in Song Liao's arms.

"Stop making a fuss and go to sleep."

The warmth of his breath soaked into his ears and his heart skipped a beat for no reason.

His body was beside him, and it smelled of spring water and sandalwood.

Shi Yao suddenly felt a little sour in his mouth.

In modern times, he had never been hugged like this before.

His mother had died in childbirth, and he always felt that his parents hated him. He had never been the man his parents wanted him to be. From the time he was born, he had the reputation of being a straw man and a wastrel.

He always thought he didn't care about that.

In fact, it wasn't that he didn't care, it was just numbness.

Once in a while, once in a while, he wished that he could have someone to put his arms around him like this.

Even if it was a moment of false warmth.

When Shi Yao looked at Song Liao's profile beside him, he suddenly looked much more pleasant.

This guy wasn't that annoying, at least... He wasn't annoying tonight!

———

On the second morning, when the sun had risen, Shi Yao was sleeping when a voice called out to his ears.

"Master Shi, you must get up!"

In his dream, Shi Yao was fighting for promotion, becoming the CEO, marrying a rich white woman and reaching the top of the world...

"Master Shi!!! Wake up!!!"

When he was suddenly shaken awake, Shi Yao looked at the maid in front of him with a confused face, her name seemed to be Cai Zhu: "I'm just about to marry the grand-daughter of Bill Gates and become the president of World Bank, you better have something really important to find me for."

She had no idea what he was talking about and dismissed it as his unconscious nonsense: "Master Shi, there are distinguished guests coming to the house today, and as Young Master Song's fiancΓ©, you must attend with him. The banquet is at twelve o'clock and it's already eleven o'clock, so if you don't get up, you will be late!"

Hearing the word 'banquet', Shi Yao's belly rumbled, ah, so hungry. It took a moment for him to realise that the point was the guest of honour.

He didn't want to go back to the modern era, there was no way he was going to be the CEO of the company there. But here, on the other hand, he could give it a go.

In case he really did make a career out of it, he could get rid of Song Liao right away, and from then on he would be rich, have three wives and four concubines, and live happily ever after... Ha ha!

He jumped up from the bed, "What kind of guests? Tell me?"

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: March 2, 2023

Comments