My Vampire Faints at Blood Chapter 42

Informed Consent is Required for Surgery


At last, he saw the opportunity to dump the responsibility, and before the other man could react, Wei Long had reached a unilateral agreement. Smiling, he patted him on the shoulder and turned back to the human doctor, "My dear, if you have any more of those canine dentures, could I borrow them for a while?"

"Yes, I do, but I wouldn't recommend that you lose blood without a reserve of food." Doctor Shang pulled an unopened set of dentures out of his pocket, but still shook his head disapprovingly, not immediately handing it to the vampire, "Don't forget, in addition to Wayne Loki, there's Jia Duo Bao waiting for us."

"Believe me, my dear – I'll explain the exact reason to you in detail later, but it's all undoubtedly very worthwhile." There was no longer any trace of the powerful pressure that had confronted Wayne Loki. With a light smile and a wink, the vampire leaned down gracefully, put one hand around his shoulders, and placed a light kiss on his lips.

"Ah~~!" The two little dragons tacitly covered their eyes with their tails and cried out in unison. 

The human doctor's face involuntarily flushed with blood as he tucked the two dragons into his pocket and, with a light cough, slipped the dentures into his hand, "You must make a report next time, one hundred words or more, stating three or more valid objective reasons... remember?"

"No problem, I'll be sure to report it in advance next time." The vampire's eyes took on a soft smile at the different state of his doctor, and he bowed with one hand on his shoulder, answering in a proper manner. Thoughtfully, he asked if he wanted more dessert and sent the werewolf butler off to cut some watermelon before he finally turned back to Wayne Loki with a satisfied smile.

"Are you thousand-year-old vampires all this mushy when it comes to romance? If I had a torch in my hand, you two would have been burned by me by now..." Forced to stuff his mouth full of dog food, Wayne Loki was so angry that he ground his gums. Snatching up the dentures handed to him, he angrily shoved them into his mouth.

Looking at the yakuza young master who was simply furious, Wei Long blinked curiously, lowered his head, and slowly rolled up his sleeves, "As far as I know, the FFF group should not burn our type – besides, you just said that you are also busy with a relationship, so why bother to envy the two of us? "

"Don't you know that a state of unilateral courtship can now be considered being in a relationship?" Being poked with his previous big words, Wayne Loki glared at him with hatred, then fished out a small booklet from his pocket and slammed it on the ground with one hand, "This is what you old ancestors made up – some kind of ‘The Vampire's Guide to Love’, I'm really crazy to believe what's written here..."

"This is a great injustice – I personally don't want to recall any of the times I've been victimised by this guide." With a glance at the familiar cover of the booklet, the wronged ancestor couldn't help but laugh softly, fish an identical booklet out of his own pocket, and hand it to him, "This guide has been in circulation for far longer than you might think. It was with it that I began my first pursuit – However, most of what is written in it has proven to be of little use, and may well even be counterproductive. I've crossed out some of such entries, if you need it, you can take it for some level of reference."

"Really – you're really that kind?!" Wayne Loki's eyes abruptly lit up. As soon as he snatched up the booklet and flipped through it as if it were a treasure, he nodded in realisation, "No wonder, so none of these tricks work well – Hell, I should have known I shouldn't have opened their windows in the middle of the night, or written their name in blood on their mirror..."

"... From your description, if it's not another vampire you're pursuing, I'm guessing you're probably nearing the end of your relationship process." He deftly pulled the booklet out of the hands of the inquisitive latecomer. Smiling at the single bloodsucking dog who was about to explode, Wei Long shook his head nonchalantly before offering his arm, "Drink first. When you've finished purifying, this booklet will be yours."

"I always feel that you must be conspiring. Don't you discriminate against my intelligence... Are you also a human pretending to be a vampire?!" Looking warily at Wei Long in front of him who always seemed to have ulterior motives, the young yakuza master, who had already been driven out of his persecutory paranoia, suddenly leapt up and ferociously pulled the other party's collar. 

Just as he was about to break his opponent's canines, he was picked up by the pureblood king in full form, "Alright, bite – do I need to release the bat to prove my identity?"

"That's not necessary, I think you should be real..." Wayne Loki nodded hesitantly, dawdling for a long time before finally coming up to his arm and biting on it hesitantly. However, he had only just bitten through his arm and taken a sip when he spat it out with a wow, "How – how can it be so spicy!"

"Please forgive me for forgetting to tell you in advance – this is a racial talent that the purebloods use for self-preservation. After you ascend to true purity, your blood will also take on a special flavour." Despite the insincere apology, the pureblood king's eyes clearly held a small smile as he gently patted the junior on the shoulder, "Drink it, it's better than the other flavours. When I was very young, I once drank the blood of an elder for healing purposes, and the taste of palm tree oil was so thick that it is still fresh in my mind..."

"No – I'm afraid of spice, I don't want to drink it!" It was spicy enough to make him gasp for air with his tongue out. Wang Loki wiped the corners of his already swollen mouth and shook his head with tears in his eyes, before shivering at the sudden stern gaze of the pureblood king and cowering as he ducked towards the corner.

Seeing that the pot that had been halfway dumped was on the verge of being dumped again, the smile in Wei Long's eyes suddenly faded away, turning into an undeniable sternness as he pressed his head down, "At least three sips, drink quickly, no dawdling!"

"When I left, my dad didn't tell me – didn't tell me I'd still have my head held down to drink blood..." He never thought that he would one day be reduced to the point of being forced to suck blood. Wayne Loki was simply aggrieved to the point of no return, so he huffed and continued to take three sips before he let out a woeful cry, "Water, water – give me water now!"

"The conversion is not yet complete, don't move." Before he could jump up, he was pressed back down by the brutal pureblood king, and the black mist that had been gradually fading away condensed once more, gathering the two together in it.

The black fog was so thick and opaque that it was completely impossible to see what was happening inside from the outside, and only the intermittent muffled grunts and screams of Wayne Loki could be heard coming out.

"No wonder we didn't let our old fire do it in the first place. Listening to this sound, your Old Wei is probably close to beating him back into a sphere." The golden dragon patted its tail in satisfaction and nodded rather gratefully towards the human doctor. Seeing his two little cubs still rubbing up against him and begging for meat, he coughed majestically, "Xian Bao, Xian Bei, come back quickly – don't disturb Doctor Shang's meal!"

The two little dragons, always fearful of their father's authority, flew back as they were told and wiped each other's mouths with their tails.

Looking at their father, who seemed to be in a fair mood, the two little dragons came together and whispered for a long time before Xian Bei nodded and flew courageously to the golden dragon's side, "Daddy, Brother Doctor is sick, let's help him get well..."

"Unpromising, a few pieces of candy and you've been bought off?" Glaring at his son who immediately straightened up in front of him, the golden dragon's eyes flashed with a satisfied smile. Taking his dragon whiskers, he pulled the little one away from him and looked up at the human doctor who still looked bewildered, "Your Old Wei has talked to me about this before, saying that he wants my two sons to sign a contract with you – what do you think of that?"

Now he realised that Xian Bei had been thinking of a way to 'cure' him. Shang Haojia laughed helplessly, stroked the little dragon that was running back to him, and met the golden dragon's scrutinising gaze with honesty, "I did hear Wei Long mention this. It is said that signing a contract with a dragon allows you to share the dragon's qi and longevity – If such a contract does not have any effect on the dragon's growth and development, and does not undermine your power, I personally would like to have such an opportunity."

"Of course it won't affect us in any way. We have to sign with at least eighty to one hundred people in a lifetime, if there was anything to it, we would all have been drained long ago." The golden dragon waved its tail dismissively, cleared its throat, and looked at him with a suddenly majestic gaze. The mighty pressure belonging to the true dragon spread out abruptly, instantly suppressing the power that originally belonged to the purebloods, "But you must know that humans who sign a contract with a true dragon have to pay a price. There are no pies that fall out of thin air in the real world, are you prepared to pay for that?"

Unlike his own vampire's deliberate defensiveness, this true dragon's pressure came down on his head with such force that Shang Haojia felt his whole body suddenly sink, and even his breathing took on a vague strain. But still, he leaned back calmly on the sofa, met the golden dragon's scrutinising gaze, and replied unhurriedly, "I'm a doctor and am used to signing informed consent forms – I'd like to know what the contract entails before I decide if I want to sign it."

"Of course – you naturally have the right to know the contents in advance." With a trace of appreciation in his eyes, the golden dragon nodded and spoke solemnly as he looked at him with a straight face, "Any human who signs a contract with the dragons must pay a regular annual tribute to the dragon, and the type of tribute for immature dragons is determined by the guardian dragon, that is, by me. I'm not going to beat around the bush with you, just one bag of white rabbit milk candy per dragon per year, to be handed over to me, not given to them directly – On top of that, for every dragon you sign a contract with, you are obliged to adopt a dragon egg and raise it until it hatches and passes the hatchling stage, without abandoning it in the middle of the process." When he said the terms of being a dragon father, the golden dragon showed a blush on his face, coughed lightly, and waved his tail uncomfortably, "After all, you are Chinese, and you should also know that – our clan lays too many eggs. Not all of them are born to be something, and they don't necessarily have a shape... If you agree, I will try my best to pick two better eggs for you. No matter what, they will be at the level of Bengqi, okay?" (Angel: Bengqi is one of the nine sons of dragons in ancient Han myths and legends, also known as Baxia)

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

The Vampire's Guide to Love is back 😂

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: December 25/26 2021

Edited: August 17, 2023

Comments

  1. Too many characters so I forgot was Jia Duo Bou. 😅

    Ah Loki was another victim of the vampire guide book. Poor him. His courting was like a mad dangerous stalker 🤭😂

    The golden dragon talked about the contract made me wonder about the consequences. It turned out he only asked for milk candies and a babysitter for the dragon eggs. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go back to find Jia Duo Bao because I forgot too 😅

      Poor Loki fell victim to the vampire's guide to love as well, they really need o rewrite that book 😂

      I was concerned about the contract too, but it seems that the dragons like Doctor Shang so they are more lenient on him and will make it easy

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter! I love to hear all of your comments.

Be sure to check back, as I always try my best to respond to every comment I receive!