My Vampire Faints at Blood Chapter 24

Toddlers Have A Faster Heart Rate Than Adults


Although there was not a clear perception of Wei Long's strength, the contrast between the levels of power was still evident. Hearing the vampire's words, Shang Haojia's heart unconsciously sank and instinctively gave rise to a slight sense of foreboding.

The fire dragon never came back. The sky outside became more and more gloomy, and when Shang Haojia finally injected the young man with the serum, the sky was already so dark that he could not see his fingers. The air was littered with thunder and lightning, but the rain never fell.

It was obviously unrealistic to go out now, so everyone had to stay in the building and continue to watch. Feeling the two little dragons in his pocket becoming more and more agitated, Shang Haojia leaned out the window and looked out, but as soon as he leaned out, a huge black figure quickly flew at him.

The vampire swiftly leapt forward, holding Shang Haojia firmly under him. A strong gust of wind swept over the two of them violently and slammed them to the ground, making the whole office seem to shake.

"I think that this time, I really need to submit a report to the top to change the guardrail." Looking at the battered guardrail with a headache, Eli sighed and patted Shang Haojia, who had just been pulled up by the vampire, with concern, "How are you, are you hurt?"

"It's nothing – thanks." Shang Haojia shook his head and thanked the vampire on the side.

Wei Long shook his head with a smile, and smoothed out his suit, thoughtfully arranging it for him, "No need to thank me, my dear friend, it's an honour to protect you..."

Before he could finish his words, the fire dragon, who had fallen to the side, staggered to his feet, and threw his little arms up with tears in his eyes, hugging the human doctor, "Doctor, Doctor, place save A'Lin!"

Caught off guard, Shang Haojia caught the fire dragon, and instinctively raised his arms to cover his face as the opponent's hard scales slammed into him.

Feeling the agitation of the patient's family, Doctor Shang was thinking about a way to get out when the vampire on the side had already taken action. He pinched the bony wings of the fire dragon and pulled him back to shield the human.

Abruptly dragging the fire dragon to the side, some blood flashed through the vampire's ink-coloured pupils, and he looked at Shang Haojia apologetically, "I'm sorry, it was my negligence that caused you to be frightened – are you injured? I know that fire dragons are quite powerful among the dragons..."

"Don't worry, he didn't mean to, and he didn't use much force." Shaking his arms that were numb from the impact, Doctor Shang walked towards the scarred golden dragon on the ground, and half crouched down to probe its nostrils, "Eli, do you have a stethoscope?"

"Is there really such a big difference between doing clinical work and doing scientific research – Do you even listen to dragons' heartbeats now?" Looking at Doctor Shang in amazement, Eli pulled out a stethoscope and handed it to him, and couldn't help but shake his head in shock, "I must have been so obsessed with scientific research that I have been isolated from the world for too long and can't keep up with the times – No, no, I will have to apply for the clinic next year to practice..."

"Good, it's best to come to the emergency department, you can receive all kinds of patients." Doctor Shang picked up the dragon's claw, moved the stethoscope along the dragon's body, trying a few positions, and smoothly found the heartbeat.

The two little dragons rushed forward with tears in their eyes when they saw the golden dragon, pressing their heads up against their father's body trying to wake him up. Shang Haojia calmly patted the horns of the two little dragons, listened for a while, and finally nodded before patting his clothes and standing up.

"I'm not quite clear about your dragons' normal physical standards. According to the heart rate and breathing of the two little guys, and then converted into an estimate for an adult male dragon, in addition to his heartbeat being a little fast, there is no obvious signs of a critical emergency, so there is no need to be anxious – There is obvious trauma to his body, but there is no bleeding. I remember the legend that the dragon clan's recovery ability is very strong, so do I still need to bandage his wounds?"

The fire dragon nodded desperately, then anxiously stepped forward to explain the situation, "You need to – Doctor, with A'Lin's powers, ordinary wounds would have been healed a long time ago. But that bad vampire's attacks seem to have a special power attached to them which not only prevented the wounds from healing, but also sucked out a lot of A'Lin's blood..." 

Shang Haojia raised his eyebrows, nodded lightly, then took the first aid kit from Eli, squatted down neatly, and began the debridement and bandaging, "In order to help make the diagnosis, I need to know more details. Why did you guys get into a fight with the vampire?"

"Actually – I don't know." When he was asked, the fire dragon shook his tail and lowered his head helplessly, "By the time I arrived, they were already fighting. I saw the opportunity to hurry up and spit out a fireball, scaring away the bad vampire and snatching A'Lin back..."

"If I'm not mistaken, they probably met a vampire from the American side – they are more used to attaching some special effects to their attacks." Wei Long thought and he crouched down, hovering his hand over the golden dragon's wound for a moment, then he frowned and shook his head, "But – I have never seen a vampire with such a peculiar taste, even drinking dragon blood, and drinking it so cleanly..."

The golden dragon's scales were very smooth, Doctor Shang compared them to the medical tape in his hand twice, then threw it aside. He wrapped a piece of gauze around the dragon's body and tied it in a knot, then raised his head curiously, "I've never thought about this question – do vampires only drink human blood?"

"Although I usually don't feed on blood myself, I once had a friend who was loyal to the Nicholas family for generations and was their royal cook." The vampire smiled and shook his head, raised his hand to help support the dragon's body, and patiently satisfied the curiosity of the human doctor, "According to him, juvenile vampires have a sweeter taste preference and prefer the blood of birds. After reaching adulthood, most of them use mammalian blood as their main food, and the most important of them is human – As for dragons, because they are oviparous, if they are forced to be classified, they are probably either reptiles or amphibians. Such blood is usually the worst for food, and is only eaten by sinners in prison." (Angel: I'm pretty sure the Nicholas family referenced here is the family of Nicholas II, the last emperor of Russia.)

Hearing that the topic turned to eating, Eli finally caught up with the rhythm. Handing over a new roll of gauze, he took the chance to insert a sentence, "But it's hard to talk about things like taste – I can't understand the thoughts of those who like coriander. Just like when we were in the dormitory, every time I ate durian, Old Shang would throw me and the durian out together..." 

The werewolf on the side suddenly looked at him in surprise and held his shoulders with tears in his eyes, the tail behind him almost turning into an electric fan, "I'm like you, every time I eat stinky tofu, that pedantic vampire tells me to get out – Stinky tofu is obviously the most delicious food human food, but he doesn't know how to appreciate it at all!"

"Good comrade, the organisation has finally found you!" Eli nodded with tears in his eyes and shook the other's arm, "Next time you come to see me, we can find a place for a date, I still have canned herring at home..."

"..." Seeing these two guys who suddenly became like-minded, Doctor Shang shook his head helplessly and continued the bandaging work undisturbed, "Dragons are dragons after all, their blood should contain power. Could it be that the vampire has a special method to extract the power from the blood?"

"As far as I know, there is no such method." The vampire paused for a moment, and then shook his head slightly,  "The transmission and inheritance of the power of the dragon race is very mysterious. Other races have been very interested in acquiring this power through feeding alone, but there has never been much success – especially within the vampire clan that feeds on blood. If there really was such a method, the industry chain of the carnivorous dragons in Europe would have reacted immediately. But as of noon today, there have been no major fluctuations in the stock market..."

"Are you still involved in the stock market?" Surprised at the bourgeois vampire who advanced with the times, as a proletariat who has not even bought stocks, Doctor Shang shook his head respectfully. Diligently and conscientiously bandaging the last wound, he got up and pondered for a while, then suddenly chuckled, "It sounds tempting to gain power just by eating – When I was in school, every time I studied for a final, I fantasised that I could just eat the book and memorise it all..." 

"Don't dream – the thickness of the medical and surgical textbooks would cause a second-degree disability if you hit someone on the head. Even if there was such a way, eating them would cause you to suffer from constipation." Eli patted him on the shoulder, sighed in pain, and ruthlessly pierced his fantasy, "If the practical books are added, it's literally a lasagna, ah..."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: August 5/6, 2021

Edited: August 2, 2023

Comments

  1. I wonder about the vampire who attacked A'Lin. Since Wei Long couldn't feel him, could it be the other vampire was stronger than Wei Long?

    I could understand Doctor Shang's feeling about eating the books 😅 Another phrase that used often in my country : burn the books then drank the ashes with water 😝

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could learn from eating or drinking the material, that would be so convenient 😂

      Also, I love your new profile pic 🥰

      Delete
    2. Actually I was searching for Yutang and Zhan Zhao pic in white when they went to Qi Lei's concert. But I couldn't find it.

      Instead I found this pic. Ji Xiaobing and Gao Hanyu looks so yummy there 🤭😍

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter! I love to hear all of your comments.

Be sure to check back, as I always try my best to respond to every comment I receive!