S.C.I Mystery Series Volume 2 Chapter 92

Password Murderer 30 – End, Start (End of Case File)

“Should we try Qiao Weiming or Wang Yiming first?” Bai Yutang asked Zhan Zhao.

Zhan Zhao thought for a while, “Wang Yiming first.”

“En.” Bai Yutang nodded, then opened the door of the interrogation room and entered with Zhan Zhao. The other SCI members stood behind the one-way mirror of the interrogation room and listened. Even Bai Jintang, Zhao Zhen, and the twins squeezed in because of curiosity. Everyone was really interested in the mute uncle.

“Wang Yiming?” Bai Yutang sat down and looked at him.

The mute uncle raised his head and nodded.

“You’re not mute, are you?” Zhan Zhao asked him.

Wang Yiming nodded, “Not mute.”

Everyone frowned. Although he was not mute, his voice was indeed hoarse and scary.

“When the explosion happened, my vocal cords were injured.” Wang Yiming said lightly, “My voice sounds scary. I’m afraid that the principal and the others will find out, so I just pretend to be mute.”

“Tell me what happened back then.” Bai Yutang said.

Wang Yiming looked at them, and starting speaking unhurriedly, “Qin Qin… is my childhood sweetheart. He is younger than me. I stayed in school as a teacher, and he was studying fine arts at an art academy. His paintings were not understood by others, he said that they were abstract. He worked as an express delivery courier in his spare time because he liked the city very much.”

As the mute uncle recalled his memories with a smile on his face, Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other… This person seemed to really love Li Qin so much that he had fallen in and couldn’t get himself out.

“After the explosion, I really didn’t want to live anymore.” Wang Yiming said, “My world had collapsed… When I went back, I found that there was something strange about the explosion.”

“How did you find out?” Bai Yutang asked.

“I had just changed the gas pipe not long before the explosion. Because Qin Qin lived with me, I was very careful about everything in the house.” Wang Yiming said, “I was only skeptical about it, but when He Kai saw me, he followed me like a ghost… So, I went to investigate.”

“In the following period of time, I started to follow him.” Wang Yiming said fiercely, “That night, he was drunk, ran to the river, and said everything… Shouting sorry to the river, does he think that just saying sorry is enough?”

“Why didn’t you kill him then?” Bai Yutang was puzzled.

“It would have been too easy of a death!” Wang Yiming’s eyes were cold, “He was drunk. If I killed him then, he wouldn’t have felt it or regretted it. It would have been too easy of a death if I killed him at that time…”

“So you had to wait many years to kill him?” Zhan Zhao asked.

“I wanted him to live… to gradually forget this story and feel nostalgic about it. When he felt like he was living well, I would kill him!” Wang Yiming said a little crazily, “I wanted to treat him like he treated Qin Qin, I wanted him to die with unwillingness and fear in his heart as he burned to death! Make it a hundred time more painful for him!”

Outside, Bai Chi got goosebumps all over his body. Zhao Zhen gently hugged him and shook his head helplessly, “This person’s hatred is too deep.”

“It’s hard to blame him.” Da Ding shrugged indifferently, “How could he resolve it… It’s just that his method might be too cruel.”

Everyone sighed.

“I needed to think about my plan for revenge.” Wang Yiming said, “Later, when I was visiting his grave, I met Liu Fang… Heh.” At this point, Wang Yiming suddenly laughed, “I knew at first sight that he was a man like me… His heart should already be in the cemetery.”

“You asked about Chen Jianxian, so you came up with that idea for revenge?” Zhan Zhao asked.

“That’s right.” Wang Yiming nodded, “The best way to monitor He Kai was to be the caretaker in the boy’s dormitory. I used my savings to make my main features look like Chen Jianxian and I dressed sloppily to get into the school.”

“What about after that?” Zhan Zhao asked him.

“After that, He Kai seemed to have changed himself. He studied hard and was willing to help others… Everyone said it was like he was reborn.” Wang Yiming smiled at Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang, “If people like him can really be reborn, why should good children such as Qin Qin be burned to ashes and buried in the ground?”

“What happened next?” Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang didn’t know how to explain it, they could only say that God plays with people, right?

“Then, he graduated and became a teacher at the school… Gradually, I found out that he was happy and that he had a girlfriend, and I thought that the time was ripe!” Wang Yiming sighed, “At the same time, I was working in the boy’s dormitory and I found a boy who looked like Qin Qin.”

“Hao Mo?” Bai Yutang asked.

“En.” The expression on Wang Yiming’s face gradually became gentle, “Mo Mo was a good boy who was both clever and gentle. He was not like the ordinary boys who would often make fun of me. He was very good to me and would often bring me something to eat. I even thought that Qin Qin was reborn.”

“Then what happened?” Zhan Zhao asked, “Did you discover the relationship between Hao Mo and Zhang Hua?”

“Zhang Hua is not worthy of Mo Mo at all!” Wang Yiming sneered, “He obviously liked Mo Mo, but he is the principle’s son and has a great future ahead of him. He asked Mo Mo to wait for him and for his career to be established… He obviously knew that Mo Mo would be bullied by the boys in the dormitory, but he didn’t care… And those damn boys only bullied Mo Mo because he liked men. Then things spread, Zhang Hua was so shameless that he wanted to find a way to end it and make the rumors disappear, and he thought that the best way was to find a girlfriend. At that time, Ye Ling appeared.”

“Did Zhang Hua ask Hao Mo to find a girlfriend to cover it up?” Zhan Zhao frowned.

“Yes.” Wang Yiming sighed, “Mo Mo had no relatives. He often chatted with me, and felt very uncomfortable talking about such things. As for Ye Ling, I understand choosing her, because I saw that she was actually a friend of the four boys, and was a girl who was very uncultured. At first, she was with Mo Mo just so that she could secretly photograph evidence of Mo Mo and Zhang Hua, so that she could threaten Zhang Hua and the principal.”

“You said at first?” Bai Yutang was curious, “Was it not always like that?”

“As I said, Mo Mo is a very likeable child.” Wang Yiming said indifferently, “He was already a little cold with Zhang Hua, and for Ye Ling, he could see a side of her that no one else could, so Mo Mo was very gentle with her and was considerate towards her… How many girls like Ye Ling get treated sincerely? Within two months, she completely fell in love with Mo Mo, and she tried everything possible to snatch Mo Mo away… Zhang Hua felt that he had brought this upon himself, so he brought the four boys from the dorm in order to drive Ye Ling away and get Mo Mo back.”

Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao looked at each other and shook their heads speechlessly.

“Mo Mo was very sad at the time, and the plan gradually took shape in my head. I wanted to rescue Mo Mo and kill He Kai at the same time, as he didn’t deserve to live anymore!” Wang Yiming said, “Because we guarded the door in shifts, I spent part of my time off following them. I was still young, my hair was fake, and I didn’t have a scar on my face… I changed my clothes and cleaned up, and no one could recognize me.”

“You followed them to the club?” Zhan Zhao asked.

“Yes, then I met that person.” Yang Yiming smiled, “It was a God-given opportunity. The person code-named 11 was weird, and he was particularly sensitive to the number 11, as if he was sick.”

Zhan Zhao nodded, “Qiao Weiming does have some obsessive-compulsive tendencies regarding this.” He said to Bai Yutang, “When we went to his house, I noticed that the books on his desk were all in stacks of eleven.”

“He didn’t know what he was studying, so he made a game about finding murderers.” Wang Yiming said, “I thought that it was the perfect chance for me, so I participated in the game with them. That night, I knew that they had an appointment. Zhang Hua usually doesn’t go to the dormitory, so I gave the others four bottles of drinks and said that they were sent by the school… They drank them and fainted. At that time, Mo Mo came back and was scared when he saw the scene. I pulled him aside and told him not to use his cell phone anymore. Instead, I asked him if he wanted to leave here, leave Ye Ling and Zhang Hua, and start a new life.”

“He agreed?” Bai Yutang asked.

“Mo Mo asked me how he could live a new life. I only told him that I could fake a fire for him. I had some savings and could send him to another place, a far away city, and he could start his life again.” Wang Yiming said lightly, “Mo Mo agreed at that time. He didn’t know that I was going to kill, only that I wanted to help him, and he really wanted to escape. I gave him money and told him to leave… Later, I found out that Mo Mo left that night, taking a few pieces of clothing and moving to another city. Because Normal University deliberately concealed the news, most people didn’t know about the fire here. Mo Mo was in another city, and he had cut off all of his connections from the city, so he didn’t know about it. Later, he found a job in a cake shop and liked to make pastries. We have kept in touch with each other for several years. Now he has returned, and is the owner of a cake shop in the city, and his business is doing very well. I also found out that he found a person who loves him very much. That person is successful, he ate Mo Mo’s cakes and fell in love with him. He also squeezes into the bakery to help him every day. They are married and live a good life.” Wang Yiming smiled, “I have hurt people my whole life, and I have finally saved a good person.”

“Then you killed the four people in the dormitory who were knocked unconscious by you?” Zhan Zhao asked.

“I killed the four of them first, then made He Kai fall unconscious.” Wang Yiming said, “I used the phone to trick him into coming into the boys’ dormitory, saying that one of his students was in the lounge and wanted to commit suicide. He rushed over in a hurry and I knocked him out with medication.”

“After the lights were turned off at night, I brought He Kai to the dormitory on the third floor, poured gasoline on them, closed the door, and left. I deliberately hid far away because Hao Mo did not go to their meeting that night and Zhang Hua would definitely come back.” Wang Yiming said coldly, “Hao Mo’s phone was with me. That night, Zhang Hua sent at least a dozen texts and made a dozen calls, and I finally sent a text message posing as Mo Mo saying that he was breaking up with him. Zhang Hua went crazy and he ran back, and Ye Ling followed him.”

Everyone was very clear about what happened next. No wonder Ye Ling and Zhang Hua reacted so strongly. They thought that they had killed their loved one with their own hands, so they went crazy…

“What happened later?” Zhan Zhao asked, “Does Qiao Weiming have any intersection with you?”

“Did you say that he is the one code-named 11?” Wang Yiming nodded, “He was very smart, and later he found a clue that led him to me. He told me that he wouldn’t report me on the condition that I told him everything, so I did.”

“Then what?” Bai Yutang asked, “Do you know what he did?”

“Later, you guys came to me, and I learned that he killed so many people… However, he seemed to have done something to Ye Ling… Well, to be precise, it was the woman he brought with him.” Wang Yiming recalled.

“Woman?” Zhan Zhao was taken aback, “What woman?”

“A very beautiful woman in her thirties, dressed in black.” Wang Yiming said, “I thought she was the wife of code-name 11, so I didn’t say much. Ye Ling was a little nervous at the time, and she would often slip and quietly call out for Mo Mo. Then Qiao Weiming and that woman took her into the room where the fire took place and talked to her. I hate Ye Ling a lot, so I didn’t care about what they said to her.”

“What about after that?” Zhan Zhao asked, “Was there anything weird about Ye Ling?”

“Yes.” Wang Yiming nodded, “She was crazy, acting like a tomboy all day, and walking around the dormitory in white clothes.”

“She didn’t talk to you?” Zhan Zhao asked.

“No.” Wang Yiming shook his head, “It was weird.”

“What about Liu Mei?” Bai Yutang asked, “You did it to protect Lu Qi and Fang Yan?”

“Yes.” Wang Yiming nodded, “The only reason I am still at the university is to protect the students who are like Qin Qin, so that their futures can be happy.”

After Wang Yiming’s words, Zhan Zhao suddenly stood up and rushed out to the neighboring interrogation room.

Bai Yutang hurriedly followed.

Pushing open the door, Zhan Zhao looked at Qiao Weiming who was locked in a chair, “Who is that woman?”

Qiao Weiming looked at Zhan Zhao, and then at Bai Yutang who followed him in, and smiled, “A friend.”

“Friend?” Zhan Zhao thought for a while, then sat down and said, “Ye Ling went crazy, and there are obvious signs of being hypnotized… but you can’t be the one that did it. Who gave you the bottle of medicine?”

Qiao Weiming smiled slightly, and faintly spat out one word, “Friend…”

Zhan Zhao frowned, but he listened to Qiao Weiming’s question, “Dr. Zhan… do you think that there are such things as personality transfer and reincarnation?”

“Personality transfer and reincarnation are fundamentally different. When the human body dies, his consciousness does too.” Zhan Zhao said, “Even if someone gives birth to another person with the same personality as someone who is deceased, that is only a copy of the past and not the real person.”

“Hahaha…” Qiao Weiming shook his head and laughed, “I don’t think so.”

“What?” Zhan Zhao frowned.

“Then tell me… why did I fall so madly in love with Liu Fang?” Qiao Weiming suddenly asked.

Zhan Zhao was taken aback for a long time before he said, “You… You mean, you created Chen Jianxian’s personality…”

“Hahaha…” Qiao Weiming laughed happily, “How amazing is it? I woke up and found that I fell in love with someone that I had never seen before, and that I was so in love with him… haha.”

“Cough…” Qiao Weiming smiled presumptuously at first, but the suddenly coughed and spat out blood.

“What’s wrong with you?” Bai Yutang was shocked.

Gongsun rushed in and felt for his pulse, “No heartbeat!”

“What?” Zhan Zhao grabbed his collar, “Qiao Weiming, who is that woman? What did she do to you?”

With a smile on his face, Qiao Weiming said his last word to Zhan Zhao, “Eleven…”, then died.

“Damn!” Zhan Zhao suddenly turned to Bai Yutang, “Ye Ling may be in danger!”

Everyone rushed out and rushed to the sanatorium. On the road to the sanatorium, a white Audi passed by everyone’s cars. Zhan Zhao glanced at the car, but the driver was a man, so he didn’t care too much.

When they arrived at the sanatorium, they saw Ye Ling sitting in her room in good condition. Zhan Zhao and everyone else sighed in relief.

“Ye Ling.” Zhan Zhao called out to her.

“Who are you?” Ye Ling looked at Zhan Zhao puzzledly, then called out to people outside the room, “Why am I here? Hello, is anyone there? I want to go home!”

Everyone was stunned. Zhan Zhao stepped forward, stared at her pupils for a while, then sighed and looked at Bai Yutang, “The hypnosis was relieved.”

“Relieved?” Bai Yutang was surprised.

“Ye Ling, how old are you this year?” Zhan Zhao asked her.

“I’m twenty.” Ye Ling replied, “Just entered university.”

Everyone looked at each other… They were a step too late.

At the bottom of the mountain, the white Audi parked on the side of the road. The passenger seat that had been reclined was returned to its upright position. In it sat a woman in black clothes, with beautiful red hair, who asked the driver, “Hmm… Are those two the sons of Zhan Qitian and Bai Yunwen?"

“En.” The man nodded, “With more perfect genes than Zhao Jue, he has unlimited potential.”

“Oh…” The woman leaned against the window with interest and laughed, “He also inherited the beauty of his father perfectly, en, what a lovely child.”

“It’s not the time to move now. You’d better stay away, be careful of making Master upset.” The man started the car when he finished speaking and drove away.

That night, Qiao Weiming’s post-mortem report came out, and the diagnosis result shocked everyone. Qiao Weiming’s chest had a miniature bomb and miniature wiretap implanted in it; it was quite complicated. The bomb was detonated by remote control, and his heart had exploded.

After returning from the sanatorium, Zhan Zhao was depressed all day long. Bai Yutang patted him on the shoulder, “Cat… it seems that there are still some tangled facts in this case, but all the clues have been found, so we have to be patient when we want to figure it out, right?”

“That we do.” Zhan Zhao was still a little unwilling.

“Then let’s go and do something that makes people happy.” Bai Yutang took his hand, went downstairs, and drove into the city.

Soon, the car stopped on the side of the road in a downtown area of the city.

“Look there!” Bai Yutang reached his hand out and pointed to a cake shop that had a long line outside of it, and saw a sign that read ‘Mo Mo’s Cake Room’.

“Hao Mo’s?” Zhan Zhao was pleasantly surprised.

“It should be.” Bai Yutang laughed, “I found someone to investigate it. Hao Mo came back not too long ago. It is estimated that Zhang Hua discovered his existence and that’s why he was no longer crazy.”

Zhan Zhao got out of the car, went to line up with Bai Yutang, and asked a few of the girls in front of him, “What are they selling here, with such a long line?”

“Fresh milk puffs.” The girl answered with a smile, holding her wallet, “It’s delicious. Also, the cake master and the man helping him are so handsome. I noticed that they both had the same necklace on their necks and they were wearing the same wedding rings, such a good match!” After she spoke, she looked at Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang and thought in her heart, ‘You two are more handsome.’

After waiting in line for a long time, Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang bought a large bag of a dozen puffs. They saw Hao Mo with a tall young man. The man was in charge of packing and helping Hao Mo with fresh milk. He was a little clumsy, but super serious. As he was working, he would ask Hao Mo, “Mo Mo, is this right? Mo Mo, are you thirsty? Mo Mo, what do you want to eat tonight?...”

“Hmm!” Zhan Zhao walked back with Bai Yutang while gnawing on a puff, “This puff is so delicious.”

“Right?” Bai Yutang smiled and walked to the car, then suddenly beckoned to something off in the distance. Zhan Zhao looked up and saw Zhang Hua standing not far away, watching from a distance. Seeing Bai Yutang beckoning to him, he walked over slowly and said, “I’m just making sure he is doing well… I will not harass him!”

Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao looked at each other and smiled. Zhan Zhao stuffed a puff into his hand and said, “Since you are still alive, find a chance to start again.” After he spoke, he got into the car with Bai Yutang and drove away into the city.

……

In the middle of the night, Bao Zheng watched Qiao Weiming’s interrogation video and read some documents in his office at the police station. He stared at a picture of a woman on the desk and picked up his phone.

“Hello, it’s me.” Bao Zheng sighed softly and rubbed his temples, “They reappeared.”

“Are you sure?” Zhan Qitian asked after staying silent for a while.

“En.” Bao Zheng replied in a deep voice, “And this time, they were very close to the two children. It seemed like it was a test, and Xiao Zhao seemed to be aware of it.”

“I see.” Zhan Qitian nodded, “I will find a way to deal with it with Yunwen, don’t disturb the two children, and…”

“Don’t worry.” Bao Zheng said, “I will watch Zhao Jue and prevent him from messing around.”

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

I don’t like how she was talking about Zhan Zhao. I also don’t like that Bao Zheng called Zhan Qitian… It makes me think that they are more worried about Zhan Zhao than they are about Bai Yutang, which means that the bad guys might have more of an interest in Zhan Zhao…

Everyone should look forward to the next chapter. We finally get the story that Zhan Zhao has been fighting to learn, and we also get some nice NSFW activities ♥♥

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: May 14/15, 2021

Comments

  1. So that's what happened in the past. Glad that Hao Mo was lived well and happy.

    I'm curious out that woman too. Since her skill seemed good, the same or almost as good as Zhao Jue. And she knew about Yutang and Zhan Zhao's fathers.

    I suspect that the man was the same man that pick up Zhao Jue in the end chapter Wolf's case. And there's a master behind them.

    I feel the same as you. I'm worry for Zhan Zhao yet can't wait to read about it. As long as in the end he would be alright.

    That's remind me of something. I'm very glad that you translated book two daily. And I hope you would continue to the next volume till last volume. Although if you would consider it, I hope you would translate the last case in volume one.

    The last chapter was the first time they met Luo Tian and Luo Yang. Aldo in the tv series Zhan Zhao was kidnapped and hurted by Lan Che Ling. I'm curious how much sensor the tv series compared with the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certain the the man and woman are referring to Zhao Jue when they said master, especially since hurting those two would make their master upset.

      I am definitely planning to work up until the ongoing novel, though my pace will fluctuate once my university classes start up in September, or once my province opens up and I can go back to work.

      As for the first book, I won't touch it unless the current translator drops it. I asked her if it was okay to work on this volume and she was okay with it, but I won't touch the volume she is doing unless she drops it.

      Delete
    2. I am actually quite scared about this conspiracy around "kids". The older generation obviously know a lot, but keep everything to themselves. I also don't like how this woman refers to them as "better genes"... It brings up some sci-fi thoughts of clones etc. Gives me goosebumps.

      I feel apologetic towards mute uncle, he suffered too much after his one and only died. However, that did not give him the right to kill. I still think that to avenge someone is to make them live repaying their debts. In any possible way. Even so, I am happy how he helped Hao Mo :)

      Thank you for dedication to this story! It is one of a kind. I love it and am exceptionally thankful to you for translations. I know that it is hard work!

      Delete
    3. I also don't like the older generation aren't telling them anything. It's obvious that they will have to face it someday, so it would be better if they knew all the information so they could be ready for it.

      Thank you for continuing to support my translation. It's all of your continued support that helps keep me motivated ♥♥

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm glad Hao Mo recovered and was able to move forward and find someone new to spend his life with ♥

      Delete
  3. The only thing that pissed me off so much is the adults are hiding so many things from Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao. Seriously if you guys want to protect them then just tell them the truth. They are also adult now and capable enough in taking care of themselves. I am just worried that all these secrets will cost them huge in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can only hope that they either find out by themselves before anything really dangerous happens, or their parents tell them about the past. It's not fair for them to have the possibility of facing a threat from the past, a threat that their parents know about, and have to face it without any knowledge.

      Delete
  4. Lu Fang really good person, he stay in love with certain person who died already but he's living well (not really cz his smoking addictive) without hatred. And do glad that Mo Mo living well with his current husband. Yeay..
    This case is so long and complicated but so mind blowing me. So glad YuZhou couple solved this nicely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel bad for Lu Fang, his lover died and while he has been living relatively well, he is still caught in the past, not moving on.

      Delete
  5. did i miss some of the stories..? ==a
    how did qiao weiming kill wu qianliang?
    i mean how did he make it so that wu qianliang willingly jumped from the window?
    and how did he make it so that xu zhong was walking below?

    ReplyDelete
  6. the best thing that happened in this case is that hao mo got to have a happy and nice life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad he got to move on and live a happy life, that makes me very happy

      Delete
  7. yeah.. I am always late with my reply :D
    However.. you still deserve a big thanks for translating this book, so I'll try comment more often (usually at the end of a case :D)

    This chapter made me cried. - So sad.
    I kinda feel bad for Zhang Hua at the end. - But at the same time I think he deserved it and I am glad that Mo Mo found happiness in the end
    He found someone who loves him and he seems happy. - Yay!

    Looking forward to read the last case of book 2 and then I can fully concentrate on book 3
    (Jumping between book 1, 2 and 3 is sometimes confusing :D )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter! I love to hear all of your comments.

Be sure to check back, as I always try my best to respond to every comment I receive!