S.C.I Mystery Series Volume 2 Chapter 91

Password Murderer 29 – The Past

In a dark room, a clock was ticking on the wall. The only other thing in the room was a yellow chandelier. To be precise, it was a wire hanging from the ceiling that was connected to a 25-watt lightbulb. Even though it was dim, the surroundings were visible.

Liu Fang was tied to a chair, and he looked up at the person standing in front of him.

“Who are you?” Liu Fang shook his head slightly. He didn’t know what the weird man in front of him had done to him, but he was currently weak and tied up, and the man had a gun in his hand.

“I love you.” It was Qiao Weiming who was standing in front of Liu Fang. He had a small bag in his hand, and he was staring at Liu Fang with a smile on his face.

“I don’t know you, did you get the wrong person?” Liu Fang asked laboriously. Finding it a little difficult to breathe, he knew that his asthma was acting up… The air in the room was too bad.

Qiao Weiming smiled, “I don’t have much time.” While talking, he took the contents out of the bag; it was a syringe and a small bottle of medicine.

Liu Fang shook his head, “What are you doing? I don’t need this kind of thing.”

“Don’t be afraid, it’s not drugs.” Qiao Weiming comforted him, “This is just a communication tool.”

“Communication?” Liu Fang frowned deeply, his eyes full of doubt.

“Let us live together first, and then I will slowly tell you.” Qiao Weiming smiled.

“Live together?” Liu Fang was a little helpless, “Here? Where is this place? I can’t breathe.”

“You’ll get used to it after a while.” As he spoke, he inserted the needle of the syringe into the medicine bottle, drew out the medicine, flicked the barrel of the syringe carefully, and smiled at Liu Fang, “We can talk later, I must do something else first… let me into your head… then we will never be separated!”

“You’re insane!” Liu Fang felt a little dizzy and he cursed, “Are you a pervert? I don’t even know you!”

“I killed someone who hurt you for you!” Qiao Weiming smiled.

“What?” Liu Fang looked up him, puzzled.

“Wang Youyi, Zhang Han, Wu Qianliang, and Xu Zhong… Oh, Xu Zhong wasn’t killed, but it doesn’t matter, I will go to prison and kill him. As long as a person has hurt you, I won’t let them get away with it!”

“Why… Why, who are you?” Liu Fang was puzzled.

Qiao Weiming moved forward and kissed his forehead, “The person who will occupy all of your world in the future and share half of your life with you… also the person who loves you the most in this world.”

“Heh…” Liu Fang smiled miserably, “The person who loves me and my most favourite in this world died more than ten years ago.”

“You will forget him!” Qiao Weiming sneered, picking up the syringe and rolling up Liu Fang’s sleeve…

“I don’t want to, go away…” Liu Fang struggled, “I won’t forget him even when I die!”

Qiao Weiming grabbed Liu Fang’s hand and held him in place. The moment he was about the put the needle in, there was suddenly a bright light that poured into the room. Both Liu Fang and Qiao Weiming were dazzled because of the light.

At the same time, someone jumped down into the room and shouted, “Qiao Weiming! Put down the syringe and step back!”

Among the group of people that Qiao Weiming saw, one of them was dressed in white… Bai Yutang. Qiao Weiming ignored the people coming in, raised his hand to insert the needle, and was suddenly swept aside by the person nearest him.

It was Luo Tian who pushed Qiao Weiming aside. Luo Tian pressed him into the ground, and when he saw him thinking, he raised his hand and punched him… Luo Tian’s strength was amazing and Qiao Weiming was instantly stunned. Ma Han walked over and took the gun from Qiao Weiming’s hand. Gongsun also jumped down, picking up the syringe from the ground and carefully putting in in a paper bag as he spoke to Luo Tian, “Good punch!”

“Liu Fang, are you okay?” Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang walked over to untie Liu Fang.

Liu Fang’s breathing suddenly became laboured.

“He doesn’t look like he’s okay!” Zhan Zhao was taken aback.

“It’s asthma. We are underground, the air is too thin, and there is too much dust!” Gongsun hurried over and looked at Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao, “Does he have medicine in his pocket?”

Bai Yutang felt his pockets, took out a small can of asthma spray, and sprayed some into Liu Fang’s mouth.

“He… he…” Liu Fang’s breathing slowed down. He was a little confused as he looked at Zhan Zhao on the side, “I don’t want to forget…”

Zhan Zhao patted his shoulder and whispered, “Don’t worry, you won’t forget.”

Afterwards, everyone carried Liu Fang out and sent him directly to the hospital. Qiao Weiming asked Luo Tian for help up, and Bai Yutang and the others climbed out.

Coming out from the dark space, it turned out to be the kennel next to Qiao Weiming’s house. There was a stone slab on the ground that could be lifted.

“Xiao Bai, how did you know that there was a basement under the kennel?” Zhan Zhao asked curiously.

Bai Yutang smiled, and glanced at the big dogs being led by Zhao Hu next to him, “Do you remember that we had watched Qiao Weiming all night previously?”

“En.” Zhan Zhao nodded.

“I noticed that the door of his kennel seemed to be closed all the time.” Bai Yutang said, “Most people who raise big dogs keep them in a kennel. If you want to put them in the kennel, you would open the door and lock it when you close it. But when we came the first time, Qiao Weiming came out and put them in the dog cage first, rather than the kennel. When we watched him all night, the door of the kennel was always closed, and the dogs were sleeping outside. In addition, the food bowls for his dogs are all outside, and there is not even a blanket in the dog cage, but there are many footprints inside.”

“Okay, Xiao Bai.” Zhan Zhao raised his eyebrows and patted Bai Yutang’s shoulder, “Amazing!”

Bai Yutang chuckled, “Do you know how I know?”

Zhan Zhao shrugged and shook his head.

Bai Yutang was helpless, “Do you remember that you picked up a puppy from the side of the road when you were younger?”

“En.” Zhan Zhao smiled, “I picked up eight.”

Bai Yutang looked up at the sky, “Right, obviously you picked them up but you insisted that I picked them up. Later, didn’t my dad take me to give the dogs to a dog-raiser in the country?” After thinking about it, he leaned in and whispered, “I’ll tell you something that is not allowed to be known by others!”

“En.” Zhan Zhao nodded.

“My dad and your dad are actually dog lovers. They raised a Tibetan mastiff that was as big as a bear from their friend in the country.”

“Really?” Zhan Zhao was taken aback, “Why didn’t I know?”

Bai Yutang shook his head feebly, stretched his hand out to pat Zhan Zhao, and said seriously, “Because you are a cat!”

… Zhan Zhao squinted his eyes, raised his paw, and scratched him!

“Ahem.” Gongsun interrupted the two with a cough, and asked, “Can the truth be revealed?”

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other, nodded, and took everyone to the cars to rush to the hospital together.

Liu Fang’s situation had stabilized, and he was lying on the hospital bed, looking at the trees outside the window, seeming to be in a daze.

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang knocked on the door of the room. Liu Fang looked back and saw Zhan Zhao walking in with a cardboard box.

Putting the box on Liu Fang’s body, Liu Fang looked down and saw that there was a soft white blanket in the box. Lilia was lying in the blanket, wrapped in gauze. She raised her head and called out to him affectionately, “Meow…”

“Lilia!” Liu Fang was surprised and delighted. He stretched his hand out, carefully picked her up, placed her on his chest, and gently stroked her fur.

Lilia also missed Liu Fang very much, and she rubbed his palms, acting like a cute kitten.

The other SCI members stood at the door and listened, as the doctor did not allow too many people into the room. Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao moved chairs over, sat down, and looked up at Liu Fang.

“Let’s talk about it.” Bai Yutang said.

“Where do you want to start?” Liu Fang asked.

“Where do you think we can begin to understand it?” Zhan Zhao asked, looking at him, “Let’s start from there.”

Liu Fang looked up at Zhan Zhao, and then looked at Bai Yutang, and asked with a small smile, “Are you two lovers?”

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other and nodded openly.

“You two match each other well.” Liu Fang said lightly, “Jianxian and I got together early. We always thought that after going to university and leaving home, we would have more time together, but this was not the case…”

Bai Yutang smiled, “There are more people watching you in school, and even a little bit of your natural behaviour will be made fun of by many people. They thought that you had a problem, right? Then they passed it on and it became outrageous.”

Liu Fang looked up at Bai Yutang, somewhat shocked by his words, then laughed and shook his head, “It turns out that after so many years, the school hasn’t changed.”

Zhan Zhao widened his eyes and looked at Bai Yutang.

“To put it simply, Jianxian was locked in the bathroom, so he couldn’t escape when the fire broke out. I went in to save him and tried my best, but he still suffered a very serious injury.” Liu Fang was talking about the past in an extremely calm manner, but there was still a touch of sadness, “In the beginning, Jianxian said that he wanted to get better and get revenge.”

“Revenge?” Zhan Zhao asked.

Liu Fang nodded, “After returning from the fire, Jianxian seemed to be a different person. He was no longer the kind and gentle person he used to be… But he can’t be blamed, right?”

Both Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang were silent, waiting for him to continue talking.

“Then one day, he finally couldn’t hold on anymore. The wound was infected… and he died.” Liu Fang said lightly, “His parents died early, maybe he had always lived with his other relatives, but his family didn’t care about him. I was responsible for the funeral. I asked the people in the cemetery how two people could be buried together if one of them was still alive. They told me that it was enough to just buy a tombstone next to him, engrave my name on it, and when I die, bury the urn in it. So, I bought the tombstone.”

“Have you never thought of revenge?” Zhan Zhao asked.

Liu Fang thought for a while, then said, “I don’t know, my feelings are very complicated. It’s just that as time passed, I miss him more and more, and my hatred gets smaller and smaller. I didn’t go to school anymore, and I just learned photography. I traveled around, and when I was tired, I went to his grave and would sit for a while. This lasted for three years, until one day, I met someone.”

“The mute uncle?” Bai Yutang asked, “Wang Yiming?”

“I was really fascinated by his hoarse cry.” Liu Fang said, “I later thought that maybe it was because I was with Jianxian for the period at the end of his life and saw his suffering, I felt that death was the best relief for him, so I was not as sad anymore. But that person, it was obvious that he lost his favourite person suddenly, and that’s why he was so sad.”

“What then?” Zhan Zhao asked, “You guys talked?”

“En.” Liu Fang nodded, “When we first started talking, I was surprised that he turned out to be a teacher at Normal University, and that our experiences were so similar… He said that his gas pipe wasn’t old, rather it was tampered with.”

“Tampered with?” Bai Yutang asked, “Was it He Kai?”

“He said that that was his name. I heard that he had this student before, and this student followed him with a grudge and discovered his secret. Wang Yiming was dating a boy named Li Qin. The boy seemed to be a student from another school, and he was working part-time as an express delivery courier.” Liu Fang recalled, “Wang Yiming said that He Kai deliberately snuck into his room and loosed the gas pipe so that when Li Qin went back, he would think that the gas leaked or that Wang Yiming committed suicide or something. He wanted to watch the excitement… but didn’t expect such a tragedy to happen.”

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang frowned, “This student is so ignorant that it makes people speechless.”

“I also told him about my affairs.” Liu Fang said, “He asked me in detail about Jianxian, and he also asked me for Jianxian’s information.”

“You didn’t ask him what he wanted them for?” Zhan Zhao asked, “Or did you think that he would use them to take revenge?”

Liu Fang shook his head, “I don’t know, he asked me for it, and he didn’t tell me what he wanted to do, but we all know… I didn’t hesitate to give him a lot of things, but then he disappeared and never appeared again.”

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other; that is when the mute uncle should have started taking action.

“When you found me a few days ago,” Liu Fang said, “I head about the case and roughly pieced together the truth about the matter… I don’t know why, but when I heard about Wu Qianliang and Xu Zhong, I felt almost nothing.” Liu Fang sighed, “Then that man came to me, he injured Lilia, and kidnapped me, bringing me to that place.”

Seeing that Liu Fang had become tired, Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang stood up, turned around, and prepared to leave. Liu Fang suddenly asked them, “Officers, do you think that it was wrong for me to give Wang Yiming Jianxian’s information?”

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang were silent for a while. Bai Yutang shrugged but didn’t answer, then walked out. Zhan Zhao looked back at him, “Have a good rest.” Then he waved his hand at Lilia, “Bye Lilia.”

Lilia shook her beautiful big tail and squinted at Zhan Zhao, “Meow…”

After leaving the hospital, everyone got into the car. Bai Chi asked Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang, “Brothers, what about the rest of the case?”

“We’ll go back and interrogate those two people.” Bai Yutang started the car, “Wang Yiming and Qiao Weiming.”

“En.” Zhan Zhao nodded, “You can call them the craziest avenger and the craziest admirer.”

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: May 14, 2021

Comments

  1. I think Bai Yutang actually had a hard time during their school days for being gay, but Zhan Zhao was oblivious about it. Maybe Bai Yutang did something so that Zhan Zhao didn't experience any awful things? Like he always protect Zhan Zhao so that he could live his life normally... If you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't be surprising if Bai Yutang dealt with the bad things so Zhan Zhao didn't have to ♥♥

      Delete
    2. I agree with you. It was Bai Yutang who understood his feelings much earlier, so naturally, it was him who actually really had some second-meaning in his actions. We know that he protected Zhan Zhao since.. like kindergarten! So uni was really no different. Only it is funny how completely clueless Zhan Zhao is!

      Delete
    3. Zhan Zhao is so smart but yet he can also be so clueless 😂

      Delete
  2. Qiao Weiming was the one who in charge for autopsy 7 years ago. At first I thought when he found out the truth he fire, he confronted the mute uncle and found out about Liu Fang. Hence the obsession started.

    But then I remembered he was there when Zhang Hua and others played find the murderer game. So they're relationships and must started before that. Maybe after the mute uncle list his lover.

    Qiao Weiming provided the plan of the murdered. I just curious who was the person with the code number 1? And where Hao Mo.

    Since the mute uncle decided to be the guardian of closet gays in the university, why didn't he tell Zhang Hua immediately that Hao Mo was alive? And it was so cruel to make him thought he accidentally killed his lover.

    By the way, Tibetan mastiff is really a very big dog. It's amazing that Zhan Zhao didn't realize his father and his uncle Bai had one. It's cute really how Zhan Zhao always drowning in his own world and kept missing some things because he didn't pay attention enough.

    That's why he missed what happened when they were in college. He didn't know that his college days when peacefully because everyone feared the fiery white mouse. He was so surprised when Liu Fang said school never changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume that he didn't tell him because Zhang Hua might go to Hao Mo and that might make Hao Mo unhappy. Despite the fact that they were both hiding their sexuality, the mute uncle favored Hao Mo over Zhang Hua, and that's why he would have chosen to protect Hao Mo and hurt Zhang Hua in the process.

      As for the Tibetan mastiff, I assumed that they raised it together with their friend in the countryside, and that's why Zhan Zhao never knew. It would definitely be hard to hide such a large dog around the house.

      Delete
  3. I actually relate with mute uncle. He has seen so much hatred towards homosexual couples from other people, who got very violent. Unreasonably. So I understand why he wanted to avenge and protect new couples. At the same time I think how extraordinary our SCI is: we have three happy couples (BY and ZZ, BC and ZZ, BJ and GC). I have a feeling they are exceptionally blessed.
    Thank you for translation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His actions come from a good place but they are too much. He could have found other ways to try to help them rather than kill people.


      SCI really is extraordinary. Not only do they have three happy and healthy couples, they are one huge family that always helps each other out and supports each other no matter what ♥

      Delete
  4. AAAAAAHHHHHH such a cliffie~ now now a new villain has come hnnnggghhh I'm sooo excited for the next chapter hahahaha

    Thank you so much for the chapter!!!~ 🙇🏻🙇🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This novel is good at keeping us on edge with the villains~~

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter! I love to hear all of your comments.

Be sure to check back, as I always try my best to respond to every comment I receive!