Exclusive Model for the Top Painter Extra 2

Liang Jin's Republican Fantasy Part 1


I, whose name is Liang Jin, was born in the Republic of China, am nineteen years old, and am a freshman in the Chinese Department of Y University in Beijing.

Although I am from the Chinese Department, I have little interest in orthodox literature.

If you were to give me a lecture on the Four Books and Five Classics, I would fall asleep immediately in class.

If you tell me about 'Jin Ping Mei', 'Romance of the Western Chamber', 'Liaozhai Zhiyi', 'The Scholars' and 'The Three Heroes and the Five Righteousnesses', then I can talk to you until dawn.

Recently, I've gotten hooked on reading foreign novels, but of course, with my foreign language skills, I naturally can't read them in the original language. Although I read the translated version, the stimulating scale of the foreign novels always opens my eyes and astonishes me.

But the problem is that as a student, I don't have much money.

In this world, even newspapers cost two cents each!

I had no choice but to ask people to introduce me to part-time jobs.

I didn't expect that none of my friends would be reliable. Some told me to pull a rickshaw, some told me to sell newspapers, and others even persuaded me to become a gigolo. I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

So I switched to another counsellor.

Professor Lin Fei of the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures is my most respected teacher. Although I am not from the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures, I have to take the English exam, so I chose his class. After class that day, I timidly asked him if there was any place where I could make money.

Professor Lin thought carefully for a while and politely asked me, "I have a friend who came back from overseas, a well-known artist, and is looking for models for his paintings. I wonder if you are interested?"

What is a painting model? I've never heard of it, so I went straight to the point, "Is the pay high?"

Lin Fei smiled, "He's quite generous, I think."

I agreed without saying a word, "Then I think I can."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: November 10, 2023

Comments