Exclusive Model for the Top Painter Chapter 68

Body Covered in Petals


After the promotional film was finished, and the Chaumet print model advertisement was nearing its end, Liang Jin's schedule was suddenly much more free, so he could focus on preparing for the grand finals of the International Professional Modelling Competition.

The finals will be held in B City. Although the economy of B City is not as developed as that of A City, it is the political and cultural centre of the country, so it was chosen by the organising committee as the venue for the finals.

The finalists were selected from various regions in China, and the competition was particularly fierce.

The awards were also varied: in addition to the first, second and third place winners in the male and female modelling categories, there were also awards for the top ten models, as well as individual awards and finalist awards.

Entering the finals with the first place in the male model group of the A City region, the finalist award was already within reach.

Liang Jin's mindset, on the other hand, was very different from the past.

In the past, he always regarded himself as a newcomer, and felt that competitions were all about participation, so regardless of what award he received, he would be satisfied.

But now, he had already made a name for himself in the industry, and his career was gradually taking off. Like climbing a ladder, he always wanted to work harder and better; he always hoped that he could grow faster and get closer to the top.

At night, the two sat together listening to music.

Ji Xiuyuan held him in his arms, and the little kitten lay on his lap.

The soothing music did not wash away the anxiety in his heart. Liang Jin smoothed Amber's fur with one hand, and Ji Xiuyuan asked him, "Xiao Jin, when did you make your debut?"

"I started participating in relevant activities in my freshman year, but my official debut was the year of my senior year, when I was about to graduate."

"That makes it less than two years?"

"Mhmm."

"I first picked up a paintbrush at the tender age of four, and Morgana was my artistic inspiration. It wasn't until I was thirteen when I entered the Collège Stanislas de Paris in France that I began to learn to draw formally. Guess how long it took me to win the first heavyweight award in the French art world?"

Liang Jin said, "Ji Shen, you're so good, winning awards must be no big deal! Morgana showed me your works from when you were a child, and your level at the age of four is at a height that I can't reach in my lifetime! So, I'm blindly guessing one year? Or two years? No more!"

Ji Xiuyuan laughed, his voice sounding elegant and pleasant, "From the age of thirteen to twenty-three, it took me ten whole years. During those ten years, I copied almost all the treasures in the history of world art. Day and night in the studio, in the pews of a church, on the country roadside of a small town, in the showroom of the Louvre, I was dormant for ten years."

"But I've read about you online, and you've won so many awards."

"But the really valuable awards came after the age of twenty-three. Xiao Jin, you've far surpassed me with your achievements today. When I was your age, I was still hiding away in some obscure studio in France."

Liang Jin's heart was moved: Ji Shen, he's comforting me.

"Xiao Jin, there's one more thing about you that also makes me envious. Do you know what it is?"

"What?"

"At the age of twenty-three, you already have someone who loves you like this, and will never stop in this lifetime. I, on the other hand, was still a complete and utter loner at that time. To be precise, still a loner with a withdrawn personality and no friends."

Liang Jin laughed softly, leaned back against him, and kissed his chin, "Poor Xiao Yuan, I want to go back to that time to hug you and tell you to hold on, I'll be there to accompany you in no time."

"If we go back to that time, you would love me who has nothing?"

"Of course, I love you for who you are, no matter what your status is. Even if you were living on the streets, I could still pick you up and bring you home."

Ji Xiuyuan tenderly said, "Xiao Jin, I'm the same."

"I love you and don't care if you're at the top of the peak or the bottom of the valley. As long as it's you, I only want you."

———

According to the schedule of the finals, the two arrived in B City a day early and stayed at the hotel.

At night, looking far out through the glass window, their eyes were filled with the city's neon flashes and prosperity.

Ji Xiuyuan sat on the edge of the bathtub, adding pink flower petals to the pure white milk bath.

Liang Jin's entire body was submerged under the water, his white skin and the bright colours of the flowers complemented each other, as if he was an elf in the forest.

Seeing a slight blush rise on his face, Ji Xiuyuan tied up the cuffs of his shirt and tested the temperature of the water, "Xiao Jin, is it hot?"

"It's not. The temperature is just right, it's very comfortable."

Under the double cover of flower petals and water, the youth's torso looked particularly enticing.

Ji Xiuyuan said in a low voice, "A warm milk bath does not only moisturise the skin, regulate emotions, and relieve stress, but it can also... reduce inflammation and remove swelling. Xiao Jin, let me help you relax."

He gently stroked over the youth's delicate neck and beautiful collarbone, reaching down into the water to fiddle with that key object.

Liang Jin's Adam's apple rolled and held his wrist, "Ji Shen, stop playing."

Ji Xiuyuan lifted his chin and dropped a light kiss on his lips, "Are you nervous before the game? This kind of activity is good for your physical and mental health."

"Oh, then don't be uncomfortable later."

"Why would I be uncomfortable?"

"Because I have a competition tomorrow and won't be serving you tonight."

Ji Xiuyuan squeezed his waist, "Xiao Jin, you're not being fair."

"There's nothing unfair, it's not like I'm flirting with you. I have to abstain from sex for the competition, you yourself rushed forward to give me special services, I can't refuse your good intentions, can I?"

"What does the competition have to do with abstinence?"

"Ji Shen, I am going to walk the catwalk tomorrow, I can't be covered in marks, right?"

"So what? Scoring has nothing to do with that, does it?"

"Can't you have a little shame?"

"Honest lust born out of love doesn't need shame."

"In short, it's simply impossible, it's not negotiable!"

He was suddenly picked up from the bathtub. Ji Xiuyuan wrapped the naked man in his arms, lowered his head and kissed him.

Water droplets splashed everywhere, wetting his shirt and trousers.

The wet youth dazedly wrapped his arms around his neck, gasping softly under his violent attack.

Ji Xiuyuan's voice was low, and he coaxed, "Xiao Jin, I won't go in, I'll use the side of your leg. I promise I won't leave any traces, hmm?"

How did this person manage to say such words without changing his expression at all?

Liang Jin was not wearing a single piece of clothing at the moment, so naturally he was very embarrassed, "Let go of me first, we'll discuss it slowly later."

"No, if you don't promise, I won't let go."

"Are you a child? Why are you so unreasonable?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, okay, okay, then make it quick. Can't stay... mhmm!"

The rest of the words were submerged in the intertwining lips and tongues as they kissed. They were separated by a layer of clothing, but the heat of their skin touching each other seemed like it was going to break through the barrier and set each other ablaze.

———

With Zhou Hai's investment, Shu Yue's band was gradually on the right track.

Scratch's summer concert was being held at the A City University Stadium that evening.

Seeing that the band's trending topic was gradually rising in the campus circle and the ticket sales were getting better and better, Shu Yue couldn't help but feel that Zhou Hai's marketing tactics were really something.

Apart from being a little stingy, a little scheming, and having a bad conscience; all in all, he could still be barely considered a good person.

At least, he was the only investor who recognised him.

It was thanks to him that the band was able to turn its losses into wins.

He glanced out into the audience from behind the curtains of the stage, and the dark crowd was overflowing with enthusiasm.

These people, they all came for the music.

I've waited for this day.

The background music played and the lights went out.

Shu Yue carried his guitar and slowly walked towards the centre of the stage.

The only beam of light shone on his figure, and the first syllable of the song was sung in a melodious and relaxing manner, refreshing the heart.

As the song reached its climax, the lights changed colourfully, and with his passionate and melodious voice, the atmosphere of the scene was warm and extraordinary.

People under the stage waved their glow sticks to the rhythm of the music, and screamed with excitement from time to time.

Scratch had already performed a number of songs earlier.

The last song was Shu Yue's solo.

It was his latest work, and the song was called "Dream Like This".

From the composition to the lyrics, he did it all by himself.

The melodious melody was filled with endless thoughts. His pursuit of music and paranoia over the years were incorporated into the song.

At this moment, the cocoon became a butterfly.

After the song was finished, the applause was thunderous and did not stop for a long time.

Shu Yue held the microphone, thanked everyone and said: "Tonight's concert is coming to an end, I really appreciate all of you. Music has always been my dream, just like the feelings conveyed by this song. I hope it can inspire you all, only a beautiful dream like this will make you appreciate your time on earth!"

"There are so many more people I want to thank, first and foremost my brothers in the band, and my brother. I always have to mention my brother every time, even though he's not here today. I'll bring him out for a walk next time, he's a handsome guy, winner of the modelling competition."

A fan below the stage shouted, "Your brother is my brother! I can be the modelling brother!!!"

Shu Yue smiled, "There's actually another person, he can be said to be the creator behind this concert. If it wasn't for him, I might still be residing in whichever bar I was singing in, barely scraping by by selling my looks." Shu Yue looked seriously at Zhou Hai who was sitting in the first row of the stage and spoke sincerely, "Thank you."

It was unknown which of the drama team's melon eaters purposely turned the camera towards Zhou Hai's face. The stage's big screen instantly split in two, with Shu Yue on the left and a slightly surprised Zhou Hai on the right. (Angel: Melon eaters is an internet term that refers to people who post posts to discuss issues in Internet forums, and then line up to follow posts and gossip.)

The fans on the scene, who were mainly girls, instantly boiled over.

A certain bold girl hugged a large bouquet of flowers and shoved it into Zhou Hai's hand, excitedly saying, "Go!!!! Give it to him!!!"

Zhou Hai readily accepted the offer, picked up the bouquet and headed for the stage.

The camera kept chasing his figure, and after he arrived at the centre of the stage and the two of them were in the same frame, the images on the screen merged into one once again.

He handed the bouquet to Shu Yue and said congratulations.

Shu Yue took the flowers and smiled at him.

Unbeknownst to him, Zhou Hai suddenly embraced him gently.

The screams from below the stage almost toppled the entire arena.

Shu Yue nervously gulped and whispered, "Have you gone crazy? Let go quickly!"

Zhou Hai breathed in his ear and said, "I seem to be attracted to you, do you want to try it with me?"

"Are you serious?"

"Mhmm. Being with me, the benefits definitely outweigh the risks for you."

"Then tell me, what are the benefits?"

"For example, I'll tolerate you to the fullest extent possible and consider your band as a top priority for investment."

"Does that count as a dirty trade?"

"It counts, deal?"

"Deal."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: August 27, 2023

Comments