Exclusive Model for the Top Painter Chapter 67

Drunken Love Affair


The night the promotional film was finished, Ouyang Zheng hosted a celebration banquet and invited the entire crew.

During the meal, he heavily praised Liang Jin and Bei Sha for their excellent performance during the filming, expressed his heartfelt gratitude to Ji Xiuyuan for his dedication and devotion, and kindly extended his regards to all the other staff members of the entire crew.

After the opening pleasantries, the banquet entered the rounds of toasts that were common in a dinner party.

Liang Jin was a drinker, but with Ji Xiuyuan by his side, he couldn't drink even if he wanted to.

Every time someone brought a glass of wine to him, Ji Xiuyuan always smiled and said, "Sorry, my Xiao Jin has been recuperating lately, and the doctor suggested that he shouldn't consume any alcohol."

Watching helplessly as others mingled, Liang Jin could only silently swallow his saliva, occasionally lifting his own cup of pure, natural and harmless boiled water to take a few sips to relieve his cravings.

However, what he found particularly strange was that Yu Shan was actually uncharacteristically abstaining from alcohol.

He knew that his usual reputation in the circle was that he wouldn't collapse from a thousand cups.

Why did he switch to water this time?

Out of curiosity, he asked, "Emperor Yu, why don't I see you drinking?"

Yu Shan replied briefly, "Quit."

"You quit drinking?" Liang Jin said incredulously, "I didn't hear it wrong, right? Are you still Yu Shan?"

"Why can't I quit drinking? Not only did I quit drinking, I also quit my lust."

Liang Jin was drinking water and almost choked, "No way? You've seen through the vanity of the world? Are you planning to quit the entertainment industry and go into hiding?"

"Right."

"You're kidding me? Who in the circle doesn't know that you are the number one person who is addicted to indulging in a life of luxuries? If you want to quit drinking and abstain from sex, everyone else can become Buddhas immediately."

Yu Shan grumpily said, "Liang Jin! Shut up!"

Liang Jin lowered his voice and said, "I guess you must have been persecuted as well. Why don't we do this, I'll make up an excuse later and we'll sneak outside to drink a little?"

Yu Shan was a little tempted: Ruan Jun had kept him on too tight a leash recently, and he hadn't had a drink in a long time.

Liang Jin exchanged glances with him, and as if they were underground spies, the two of them tacitly agreed.

Ji Xiuyuan asked, "Xiao Jin, what are you discussing with him?"

Liang Jin coughed, "Nothing, Emperor Yu said he quit drinking, and we were discussing the health benefits of quitting drinking."

Whenever he lied, Liang Jin didn't dare to look him straight in the eyes, and he also liked to rub his fingers, as he was doing now.

Ji Xiuyuan had long since figured him out, and gently asked, "Then have you thought of a good excuse to make up?"

Liang Jin subconsciously blurted out, "I'm thinking about it."

Yu Shan rubbed his temples, "Liang Jin! Can you have some brains?"

Liang Jin was agitated, "Ji Shen! You actually set me up!"

Ji Xiuyuan looked at him good-naturedly, "Xiao Jin, what excuse were you just making up?"

Liang Jin stammered, "No... nothing, I just wanted to drink a little bit."

Ji Xiuyuan rubbed his hair, "Let's go home and drink, I'll accompany you."

"Really, Ji Shen?"

"Mhmm."

"Great!"

Yu Shan slammed the table and said indignantly, "I've decided, I must drink tonight. Why is it that all of you can drink, but not me?"

Even though he knew full well that Ruan Jun would get angry if he smelled alcohol on him.

Let him be angry, it doesn't matter.

Anyway, it'll be the same whether he gets angry or not.

Nevermind, I'll just fight to the death.

After thinking this through, Yu Shan, as if he had been revived, gladly entered the drinking crowd.

Throughout the banquet, the wildest drinker was not the chief director Ouyang Zheng, nor the male and female protagonists Liang Jin and Bei Sha; on the contrary, it was the insignificant music planning assistant of the crew, Shu Yue.

Shu Yue's personality has been extremely free-spirited since he was a child, and he is particularly good at getting into trouble.

Since the formation of the band, he often hung out in the bar with his buddies, so he drank particularly heavily.

He constantly caused the people at the same table to burst into applause.

After Yu Shan cheerfully joined, these two people were like intimate friends meeting their soulmates, drinking to their heart's content.

After the banquet, they walked to the hotel together shoulder to shoulder, and promised to fight again next time.

When they arrived at the door of the hotel, they seemed to see someone, and the two of them were suddenly nervous.

Yu Shan asked Shu Yue, "Do I look like I've had a lot to drink?"

Shu Yue asked Yu Shan, "Do you think I'm sober right now?"

Yu Shan said, "My boss doesn't let me drink."

Shu Yue said, "My boss and I had an appointment to arrange a song tonight, and I forgot about it."

They looked at each other sympathetically before saying in unison, "Then you're finished."

Yu Shan pointed at Ruan Jun who was heading this way, "Do you think he looks like he's in a good mood? I feel like I'm cold."

Shu Yue pointed at Zhou Hai who was not far away, "I can't take care of myself, so I wish you good luck. If we have the chance, let's drink together next time?"

"Okay."

"At that time, I'll secretly call my brother as well."

"Your brother is?"

"Liang Jin."

"He bailed on me today!"

"It's okay, next time we'll get him drunk, I'll help you."

"It's a deal."

The two patted each other's shoulders and each headed for their bosses' sides as if they were dead.

Ruan Jun held Yu Shan's wrist, frowned and asked, "Brother Yu, who was that?"

"A colleague from the crew, we just ran into each other and chatted for a couple of minutes."

"You're looking at others again?"

"How could I?" Yu Shan said, "Am I not selling my body to you now? It's natural to keep my body and be faithful."

"I hope Brother Yu can always keep his identity in mind," Ruan Jun threatened, "If I see you flirting with others again, I will spare no effort to make you lose your reputation and be so disowned that you can only rely on me alone."

Yu Shan sighed helplessly, he really couldn't figure it out, he was obviously a little puppy, how did he darken into what he is today? He hooked Ruan Jun's neck and looked at him fondly with those teasing peach blossom eyes, "Ruan Jun, I only have you now, if you don't believe me, you can check, last night's hickey shouldn't be gone yet, right?"

Ruan Jun was still young after all, how could he stand up to the teasing of a veteran of love affairs like him. Rather than disguising his indifference, his tone couldn't help but soften a few notches, "You'd better be telling the truth, let's go back and talk about it."

———

Shu Yue greeted Zhou Hai with internal apprehension, "What a coincidence Boss, I thought you had a meeting today and weren't coming to the banquet?"

Zhou Hai glanced at his watch, "The meeting ended at nine, you had previously agreed to send me the band's latest creation at ten, and it's already eleven now."

Shu Yue said, "Sorry, I forgot."

"According to our cooperation agreement, if the negligent party fails to perform their duties as required and causes a loss of the company's interests, 10% of that month's sponsorship fee will be deducted, and 15% of that month's salary will be deducted from the main responsible party."

"Wait, the deduction is not necessary, right? I've written all the music, I'll just send it to you later."

"What's the point of making rules if everyone is like you?"

"Why are you so unreasonable? Didn't I just forget? It's not like I didn't do the work, so why don't you forgive me?"

"No."

"I'm curious, isn't it just sending the documents a few hours late, how much loss has your company suffered?"

Zhou Hai said seriously, "There are both explicit and implicit business risks, and your attitude of doing things this way must be disciplined." He suddenly moved closer, "You drank, didn't you? It's a basic requirement for my employees that they should not drink too much on a working day. According to Article 23 of Chapter 8 of the Employee Code, if work is delayed due to drunkenness, five hundred yuan will be deducted each time."

Shu Yue was immediately enraged and pressed Zhou Hai to the car, "Fuck! Zhou Hai, I'm warning you, I'm drunk now and my mind is not clear, you'd better not mess with me! I'm tired of messing with you, I'll just do you right here!"

Zhou Hai raised his eyebrows, "How are you going to do me? I would like to hear about it."

Shu Yue tugged at his collar, rubbing his neat white shirt into a crumpled mess, and said in a ferocious tone, "My brother is a black belt in Taekwondo, and he has brought me to fights since I was a child, you know that."

"Indeed, but back then, didn't you always hide behind him and cry your eyes out?"

"I was only in primary school then! How can it be the same as now?"

"Why do I remember, in junior high school, you got into trouble with the school bully from the next school. You were so scared that you didn't dare to go home, and you had to ask Liang Jin to send you to school every day. When you were in high school, you were kicked out for singing and taking over someone else's turf, and begged your brother with a snotty nose and a tearful face to do right by you and fight for a place for you?"

Shu Yue was very embarrassed by what he said, and immediately became furious, biting down fiercely on his neck. Sharp little tiger teeth carved bright red blood marks on the skin there, and Shu Yue's eyes glowed as he said triumphantly, "You know quite a lot, so do you know that I am a tiger? You have already been marked by me and are my prey, so don't talk back to me in the future."

It was only after being drunk and having an abnormal brain that this brilliant speech could be made. Shu Yue was completely unaware of his own transgression. Seeing Zhou Hai's silence, he instead raised his tail more and more, "Knowing one's mistakes and being able to change them is a good thing. As long as you don't be so mean, I'll forgive you with great kindness, understand?"

Zhou Hai laughed, "You bit me, how are you going to settle this account?"

"Why are you so stingy? What's wrong with biting you? Didn't you say those things to piss me off first?"

"I'm sorry, I'm just such a petty, vindictive person."

"What do you want?"

"I can stop pursuing today's matter, but you have to let me bite back."

Shu Yue had a confused expression as he deliberated for a while. Feeling that it was not a loss to him, he said, "Deal!"

His chin was pinched, and Zhou Hai accurately bit his lower lip, licking it with intent at the end.

Shu Yue's ears flushed red and punched him in the face, "Are you sick? Biting this kind of place???"

Zhou Hai opened the car door, pushed him down on the back seat, leaned over and pressed down on him, then hung his head and kissed him.

Shu Yue was confused by the whole thing, and only saw him cover his lips, pry open his teeth, and slide his tongue in.

An ambiguous atmosphere spread in the car, and the chase of entangled lips and tongue ignited each other's temperature.

The swords between the two men were clashing, and even when they were kissing, it was as if they were fighting with each other.

Shu Yue was not willing to be taken advantage of by him, and his heart had an idea: why not just go with the flow and try to take advantage of him?

Zhou Hai was not willing to do a losing deal, so he bit back. After being hammered in the face by him, it was natural to ask for some payback.

So this inexplicable kiss was actually unusually intense, and no one was willing to give in first.

After a long time, Shu Yue asked: ''Are you finished?!!! Oh right, I forgot that you are bent, you couldn't be interested in me, right?"

"Didn't you seduce me first?"

"It's not like I knew you were bent at that time."

"So you can just play with someone then abandon them?"

"Why are you talking like that? Like I did something to you."

"You bit me."

"Are you finished???!"

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: August 17, 2023

Comments