Exclusive Model for the Top Painter Chapter 57

The Perfect Lover's Weakness


After recovering his memory, the two of them were practically honey.

Whether on an emotional level or in terms of physical communication, they became increasingly harmonious and intimate.

One day, Liang Jin had a sudden thought and exclaimed, "Ji Shen, you are truly amazing. If there was a list of perfect lovers, you would definitely take first place! But it's just a bit of a pity."

"What’s a pity?"

"There's no way to pass on genes as good as yours hahaha!"

"Xiao Jin, do you want to have one with me?"

"This! Is! Impossible! What are you dreaming about?"

"I heard that the United States seems to have the technology."

"Ahhhhh no way! Absolutely not! It's forbidden to discuss such things!"

Ji Xiuyuan laughed lightly, "I'm just joking with you."

Liang Jin's heart throbbed, "You can't mention it ever again!"

"I won't mention it," Ji Xiuyuan rubbed his hair, "I can't bear it."

"Can't bear what?"

"I heard it would hurt."

"You really did learn about it secretly! You have bad intentions!"

"Xiao Jin, I'm afraid you'll leave me."

"Yuan Yuan, why are you insecure? Aren't I wearing a ring? Besides, if you're such a good partner, where can I find another one in this world?"

"You're still young, you'll encounter many temptations in the future."

"No temptation is as sweet as you!" Liang Jin had a flash of insight: "Why don't we raise a pet?"

"Why do you have this idea?"

"Scientific studies have shown that insecurity can be cured by raising a pet!"

"Xiao Jin, there's no need for a pet, it's fine to raise you."

"??? Can this be the same?" Liang Jin said, "Alright, I'll show my cards! I just want to raise a fluffy thing!"

"Okay, how about raising a cat?"

Liang Jin had simply come up with such an idea out of the blue, and when Ji Xiuyuan came home in the evening, he was holding a small white kitten in his arms.

Liang Jin excitedly went over to look at it, "Wow, Ji Shen! Is this the newest member of our family? It looks so soft!"

"Mhmm, it's an English Shorthair."

The kitten lay on Ji Xiuyuan's palm and purred softly at Liang Jin.

Liang Jin sighed, "The eyes are amber-coloured! It's so pretty! Does it have a name?"

"Amber."

"This name is too formal! I'm going to think of a nickname for it." Liang Jin rubbed its little head with his fingertips, "How about Bo Bo?"

"Does this name have a meaning?"

"Don't you think Bo Bo is cute? It sounds like it would love to be kissed and cuddled and lifted high."

"Xiao Jin, you're cuter than it is."

———

Wednesday morning, on the set of 'The Legend of the Changqing Swordsman'.

The entire drama was divided into two parts, and the last scene of the first part was filmed on this day.

After Hua Siyan jumped off the cliff, it was uncertain whether she was alive or dead, and her whereabouts were unknown. Hua Junhao transferred all the hatred in his heart to Qin Hongyi. He no longer intends to continue his disguise, and takes advantage of Qin Hongyi's admiration and respect for him to trick him into drinking poisoned wine. He intends to torture him to death with his own hands, in order to relieve the hatred in his heart.

The scene is set in a deserted cave, where Qin Hongyi is secretly imprisoned by Hua Junhao after being poisoned.

Liang Jin was wearing his lake blue disciple's uniform, his hair was loose, and he gradually woke up from his deep slumber.

He looked around blankly and subconsciously tried to move his body, but found that his hands were cuffed by chains and bound under the rock wall to the side.

He wanted to gather his internal energy, and just as he stimulated his true qi, a strong and overbearing aura travelled between his meridians all of a sudden, causing him to suffer a violent backlash. His face turned pale and he immediately spat out a mouthful of blood.

Liang Jin frowned and used his sleeve to wipe away the blood at the corner of his mouth, and the moment he raised his eyes, he saw someone arriving quietly.

Hua Junhao's clothes were as white as snow, his hair silky, he was elegant and dignified, and his temperament was pleasant. A pair of gold-adorned boots were on his feet, and a gentleman's green pine folding fan was in his hand, making him look like an honourable master of the sect.

Liang Jin was overjoyed and called out, "Master, are you here to save me?"

Yu Shan put the folding fan away and gently lifted his chin, "Hongyi, at this point, have you still not come to your senses?"

"Master, this... what does this mean?" Liang Jin's eyes were filled with incomprehension, "This disciple drank wine together with Master last night, and after that..."

Yu Shan snorted, "And what happened after that? My first disciple?"

"Master, why?"

"You still have the face to ask why!" Yu Shan trembled with anger, his voice steeply rising, "Ever since you came to the Changqing Sect and I accepted you as my first disciple, the world has only known of you, Qin Hongyi, and no one in the world has spoken of me, Hua Junhao! You also seduced my daughter, causing her to fall off a cliff for you. I hate you so much that I can't wait to drink your blood, eat your bones, and teach you to suffer day and night, making your life worse than death!"

Liang Jin looked shocked, "Master... this disciple only wanted to share your worries, and never thought of replacing you. Master is a man of great magnificence, a sect master, how can I be compared to you? What happened to Siyan was indeed my fault, I believe that she will definitely be able to overcome her misfortunes..."

"Shut up! Hongyi, do you really think that I am what you think I am?" Yu Shan suddenly laughed quietly, "Your admiration and adoration for me is nothing more than your wishful fantasies! I am also a human being, and I also have seven emotions and six desires! Frankly speaking, I am a coward... I fear everything that threatens me! Therefore, you must die!"

For some reason, Liang Jin suddenly thought of Ji Xiuyuan.

He always felt that Ji Shen was so perfect, as if there was nothing he couldn't do.

He was already used to relying on him and looking up to him; but he had forgotten that Ji Shen would also have fears.

Perhaps it was because he had been living abroad alone for a long time since he was a child and lacked the company of his family.

When it came to emotions, Ji Shen was actually particularly insecure.

That was why, when they had just gotten together, Ji Shen was in a hurry to marry him.

After getting married, he was afraid that he would run away every day.

Liang Jin realised after the fact: this was the near-omnipotent Ji Shen's only vulnerability.

It was also his weakness, which was exclusively dedicated to him.

Liang Jin's sudden realisation coincided with the current plot. It was as if Qin Hongyi had finally figured out the cause and effect of things and seen through Hua Junhao's true colours.

Yu Shan pinched Liang Jin's chin tightly and grumpily shoved a pill inside his lips, forcefully exerting pressure and forcing him to swallow it.

Liang Jin coughed heavily.

Yu Shan smiled gently, "The medicine that Master just fed you is a treasure that is very difficult to find throughout the entire world. After the medicine kicks in, it will cut your meridians inch by inch and torture your body little by little. As time passes, you will become completely useless! Hongyi, is Master hurting you, hmm?"

Liang Jin leaned against the rock wall and slowly closed his eyes.

What Hua Junhao didn't expect was that while the effects of this poison on ordinary people were truly vicious, Qin Hongyi had practised the Tai Chi Mind Technique. As the saying goes, without destruction there can be no construction, the destruction of his meridians instead prompted him to be reborn from nirvana!

After the intense crushing pain, Liang Jin once again opened his eyes. The gathered true qi in his body was unceasing, and his internal strength was explosively increasing at an extremely fast speed.

Suddenly breaking free from the chains, Liang Jin casually snapped off a dead branch from the rock wall and violently struck towards Yu Shan.

Yu Shan was shocked and hastily responded with his folding fan. However, within ten moves, the winner was already decided.

Liang Jin took the broken chain and tied him up in the cave, "You are my master after all, I can't bear to take your life. From today onwards, you and I are no longer master and disciple. If you are lucky enough, you will survive. If I see you again in the future, I won't show any mercy."

After speaking, Liang Jin didn't linger any longer and walked towards the cave entrance.

Yu Shan shrank in the corner of the wall and pleaded, "Hongyi, Hongyi! Master was wrong! Don't leave Master behind in this wild mountainous area!"

Liang Jin picked up the folding fan that had fallen to the ground and finally smiled at him, "Farewell, Master."

———

After filming the scene, Yu Shan took a strangely shaped helmet to Liang Jin: "This is for you."

Liang Jin's face was full of questions, "What is this thing?"

"The latest technology from Japan, electric shock therapy for memory loss."

Liang Jin held it in his hands and studied it for a while before putting it on Yu Shan's head, "Thank you, Emperor Yu, for your kindness! Unfortunately, you delivered it too late, I've already regained my memory."

"Really?" Yu Shan pursued, "Then do you remember me?"

"Your dusty face on the day of the fire is still fresh in my mind."

Yu Shan's face alternated red and white for a while, and after a moment, he asked, "That day, why did you come back to save me?"

Liang Jin was drinking water, and almost choked, "Emperor Yu, didn't I explain this to you? I didn't come back to save you, I went back to look for Hang Hang, and ran into you by coincidence. If you want to say that someone went back specifically for you, it should be that assistant of yours."

"Ruan Jun?"

"Yes, it was him." Liang Jin patted him on the shoulder, "To be so dedicated and put his life in danger is commendable, you should remember to give him a bonus!"

Yu Shan grunted, "That's what he should do!"

"You can't say that, you're just paying him a salary, it's not like you've signed a life and death contract with him."

"He's willing, it's not like I'm forcing him."

Liang Jin solemnly said, "Emperor Yu, no one's contribution should be treated with contempt. I see that he seems to be a fan of yours, right? But no matter who it is, if there is no response for a long time, the enthusiasm is going to be depleted, so you have to encourage them properly, right?"

"It’s, none, of, your, business!"

"Indeed, I'm off then, bye."

———

On his way home from work, Liang Jin purposely passed by the flower shop and bought a bouquet of pink roses.

When he returned home, Ji Xiuyuan was cooking dinner in the kitchen.

Liang Jin wrapped his arms around his neck from behind and hung onto him, "Ji Shen! I have a gift for you!"

Ji Xiuyuan put down his knife, took off his gloves, and wrapped his arms around his waist, "Mhmm, what is it?"

Liang Jin took the roses out from behind him as if offering a treasure: "Dun dun dun! A beautiful flower for a beautiful wife!"

Ji Xiuyuan took the bouquet, "Xiao Jin, do you know the flower language of pink roses?"

"I know, I know! I had the young girl at the flower shop introduce each one to me and specifically chose this colour!" Liang Jin gently licked his lips, "It represents vows of love, beautiful encounters, and unchanging promises."

"Ji Shen, I reflected on myself today. I think that I ask too much from you, and I'm still always nervous and neglect your feelings."

"After being together for so long, it seems like I haven't clearly expressed my feelings to you." Liang Jin looked at him, his eyes full of stars, "In my life, from young to old, I will only love you alone, and I will stay by your side forever and ever! Even if you regret it and want to drive me away, I won't leave! I'll stick to you like gum! Or like 502 super glue, you can't remove me after you've got me on you!"

Ji Xiuyuan laughed, "Xiao Jin, your metaphors… are unique"

"I've said a whole lot, and your focus is on this!!!"

"Of course not." Ji Xiuyuan pressed him against the cabinet, "You always manage to surprise me. Xiao Jin, I want to respond to you right here."

"Right here? What do you mean???"

Ji Xiuyuan pressed his wrist and hung his head to kiss him.

Liang Jin didn't refuse, but instead tilted his neck and passionately wrapped his arms around him.

Since I am your weakness, I will definitely become your armour as well.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: July 31, 2023

Comments