Exclusive Model for the Top Painter Chapter 28

Intense Teasing After Drinking


9 p.m., Helens Bar.

While waiting for Liang Jin, Shu Yue was not idle. He is playful and likes to chat and flirt, so before long he was chatting with several beautiful women.

In a social setting, having talent is a real plus. Shu Yue has some musical talent, and as the band was playing on the bar's stage, he was humming along softly and explaining some basic music theory to the people around him. His humour and witty remarks made several beauties laugh and won him a lot of favours.

He was feeling very good about himself and was almost drunk when he suddenly heard a man whisper, "Excuse me, ladies, this gentleman is not of a normal sexual orientation, do you all want to be gay with him?"

Shu Yue was shocked, and the beautiful women beside him were even more shocked than he was, almost turning pale.

A hot girl asked Shu Yue, "Are you bent?"

Shu Yue immediately retorted, "How is that possible?" He glared at Zhou Hai, who had appeared from nowhere: "This man is out of his mind, I don't know him at all!"

"Why are you turning your back on me?" Zhou Hai looked at him playfully, "A while ago, you even came to my company to make a public confession, but now you're denying it?"

Shu Yue gritted his teeth in anger: "You stay away from me, I'm not interested in you, okay?"

Zhou Hai, however, did not relent: "Are you angry because I rejected you?"

The girls looked at Shu Yue with curious and meaningful eyes, and he was at a loss for words.

The pretty girl and her little sisters rose in unison to say goodbye: "Handsome, we'll leave you alone, bye!"

Shu Yue looked at Zhou Hai with a grim expression, "You will be punished for spoiling someone's good things."

Zhou Hai shrugged indifferently, "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. You made a fool of me in the company, I'll make you fall in the bar, and we'll be even."

Shu Yue raised his glass to him and smiled, "Even? That's not necessarily true, we'll have to see."

When Liang Jin arrived at the bar, he was confronted with this bizarre scene: Shu Yue and Zhou Hai were looking at each other with bitterness and hatred, secretly competing with each other over drinks.

He instantly regretted coming here, he would rather go home and watch Ji Xiuyuan paint than watch the two of them spar.

Liang Jin was thinking of how to sneak away when two voices rang out in his ears at the same time.

One was excited to be relieved at last: "Brother! You're here! Come and sit down!"

The other was slightly surprised and delighted: "A'Liang? It's been a long time since I've seen you."

Liang Jin cleared his throat, "Ah, what a coincidence. Why don't you guys talk? I'm just passing by, I'll leave first."

"No way!" Shu Yue jumped up and tugged on Liang Jin's wrist, "I've made a plan with you, I won't go home without getting drunk tonight!"

Zhou Hai frowned, "Don't drink too much, it's not good for your stomach."

Shu Yue rolled his eyes, "I'm drinking with my brother, what's it to you? Get lost, don't affect our mood."

Zhou Hai turned a deaf ear to his words and said to Liang Jin, "What would you like to drink? I'll pay for it."

Before Liang Jin could answer, Shu Yue interjected, "I'll have a Jack Daniels!!!"

Zhou Hai ignored him and continued to ask Liang Jin, "Finnish vodka? You've always preferred this kind of alcohol."

"No need to bother you, I'll pay for it myself." Liang Jin went to the bar and fetched the liquor, handing a bottle to Shu Yue, while drinking his own.

Shu Yue banged the bottle on the table, "Brother, drinking booze is so boring, are you in a bad mood? Tell me about it, I'll give you some guidance?"

Liang Jin leaned back on the sofa, "I can't."

"I get it, you're troubled by love." Shu Yue smiled brightly, showing his little tiger teeth: "Which god is it that has charmed my outstanding, handsome and attractive model brother to the point of infatuation?"

When Zhou Hai returned from buying alcohol, he happened to hear this sentence. He put the bottle down on the table and raised his eyes to look at Liang Jin.

Liang Jin's cheeks flushed a little red as he tilted his head and finished his drink. Whenever he thought of Ji Xiuyuan, an inexplicable mixture of emotions rose in his heart: longing and desperation; eagerness and repression.

If such thoughts about Ji Shen were to be discovered, would he loathe him?

Liang Jin did not know the answer, nor did he dare to guess.

The burning of the strong wine in his throat, instead of removing the anxiety, made this melancholy burn hotter and hotter.

Liang Jin rubbed his temples: "Let's not mention it. What's the deal with you guys? Did you make a special appointment here tonight?"

Shu Yue huffed angrily, "Am I that bored? When you say that, I get angry, this person deliberately came to tear me down."

Zhou Hai laughed lightly, "False praise, I call this treating others as you would like to be treated."

"Brother, I can't swallow this anger, we must take him down tonight!" Shu Yue provoked Zhou Hai, "Shotguns, will you play or not?"

Zhou Hai: "You two against one, it's not fair."

Shu Yue: "Cut the crap, are you up to it or not?"

Zhou Hai: "Okay, how do you want to play?"

Shu Yue: "Me and my brother, no matter how much we drink, you have to drink an equal amount. If you get drunk, you lose, and the loser pays the bill!"

Without further ado, Liang Jin took the lead and drank several bottles of alcohol in a row, and the two of them watched in disbelief.

At that moment, his cell phone rang.

On the caller ID, the two words 'Ji Shen' stood out.

Liang Jin excused himself and went to the door of the bar to answer the phone.

Ji Xiuyuan: "Still not back?"

Liang Jin: "How did you know that I...?"

"There's traffic monitoring at the entrance of the villa."

Liang Jin froze for a moment before laughing, "Ji Shen, you are always like this, it bothers me."

"What bothers you?"

It was unclear whether it was because of the drunkenness, but Liang Jin's words were rather blunt: "This level of concern can easily lead to misunderstandings. Even though I know you don't mean it, not everyone can control their emotions as easily as you do..."

"You've been drinking?"

At his question, Liang Jin's train of thought broke down, and he couldn't remember exactly what he was trying to say, so he went along with his question and replied, "Mhmm."

"Where?"

Liang Jin gave the address.

"Okay, wait for me where you are."

Hanging up the phone, Liang Jin stood alone at the door of the bar.

Because of the alcohol, what was on his mind was exceptionally simple.

He had long since forgotten about Zhou Hai and Shu Yue, and he had only one thing on his mind: to stay where he was, waiting for Ji Shen to pick him up and take him home.

When Ji Xiuyuan appeared, Liang Jin was leaning against a roadside streetlight, staring at the night sky.

Ji Xiuyuan walked towards him, but Liang Jin said, "Look, Ji Shen, that star is so bright."

Ji Xiuyuan also looked up at the sky, and Liang Jin continued, "I suddenly thought of something while I was waiting for you. If I can't see you anymore, I'll look up at the stars. As long as you are also under the same night sky, that star will help me find you."

These words were unexpectedly moving, and Ji Xiuyuan looked at Liang Jin with an unusually soft heart: "I will be by your side, you don't need to rely on the stars to find me."

Liang Jin was so drunk that he could only look at Ji Xiuyuan and giggle: "Really, Ji Shen?"

"Mhmm."

Liang Jin suddenly leaned closer to him and whispered in Ji Xiuyuan's ear, "I'm going to tell you a secret."

"Hmm?"

"I like you."

Ji Xiuyuan was stunned, but a moment later, his eyes filled with tenderness: "Mhmm, but it's not a secret."

"Why?"

"Because I know, and," his voice was so beautiful in the night, "I like you too."

Liang Jin suddenly tugged at his collar, stood on his tiptoes, wrapped his arms around Ji Xiuyuan's neck and kissed him.

The kiss was full of the strong scent of alcohol, yet stubbornly unreasonable.

Ji Xiuyuan laughed softly and quickly took the lead. Under the streetlight, the two embraced each other tightly, their lips and tongues intertwined as if they were a pair of intimate lovers.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: May 19, 2023

Comments