Exclusive Model for the Top Painter Chapter 24

Irrepressible Emotions


Liang Jin returned to his room, opened WeChat and sent a message to Yao Yin: Director Yao, I'm sorry, I've just read the script carefully and don't think this role is quite suitable for me.

Yao Yin immediately replied: What a pity, but you look so innocent, I suppose it's harder for you to accept this haha.

Liang Jin: I'm really sorry.

Yao Yin: It's okay. I have another literary film on my hands, it's still in the discussion stage, I'll contact you when the script is finalised.

Liang Jin: Okay, thank you!

Just after replying to Yao Yin, he received a message from his mother in WeChat, asking Liang Jin if he was coming home for the Mid-Autumn Festival.

Liang Jin: Yes, I'll be home the first night!

After lying down, however, he couldn't help but think, what would Ji Shen be doing during the Mid-Autumn Festival? Would he go to France to see Morgana?

He sent a WeChat to Ji Xiuyuan: Ji Shen, do you have any plans for the Mid-Autumn Festival?

Ji Xiuyuan: No.

Liang Jin: I'm planning to go home for the Mid-Autumn Festival.

Ji Xiuyuan: Mhmm.

Liang Jin: I was thinking, do you want to come to my house to play? It's not far, it's in the next city, just a 2 hour drive away. I don't have anyone else at home, just my parents. My dad is a fan of yours, he would be thrilled to see you.

When Ji Xiuyuan didn't reply, Liang Jin sent another message: "Ji Shen, if you don't want to come, forget it, it's fine. I know you don't like crowds and you don't like contact with people you don't know very well, I'm just afraid you'll be bored alone.

After ten minutes, Ji Xiuyuan replied: I'll think about it.

Liang Jin originally thought that his comment about considering was just a euphemism for refusal.

The night before the Mid-Autumn Festival, he was packing in his room when Ji Xiuyuan suddenly knocked on his door: "What time do you leave tomorrow?"

"I've bought a high speed train ticket for ten o'clock."

"Return it, I'll drive you."

"Wow, really?" Liang Jin said excitedly, "You made a wise and brilliant decision, Ji Shen! My mother cooks exceptionally well, on par with you, you'll love it!"

"What kind of gifts would they like?"

"No need to prepare gifts," Liang Jin smiled brightly, "just come back with me and treat it like your own home."

Although he said that, the next day when they went out, Liang Jin found a gift box on the back seat: "What's this?"

Ji Xiuyuan was wearing sunglasses: "A gift I prepared."

Liang Jin asked, "Can I open it and take a look?"

"Mhmm."

Liang Jin opened the box, inside was an expensive sandalwood Buddha statue: "Ji Shen, tell me honestly, how much does this cost?"

"It wasn't expensive."

"Can I afford it with a month's salary?"

Ji Xiuyuan thought for a while, "Maybe not."

Liang Jin immediately took it out of the car, "Then we can't take it, I'll put it back in your studio. If you really feel uncomfortable, just buy some fruit or something, my mother likes mangoes."

Liang Jin's family was near the university campus in C City. His father was in the collectibles business and his mother was a Chinese professor at the university. Although they were not rich and famous, their lives were quiet and peaceful enough.

When Liang Jin brought Ji Xiuyuan home, his parents were already waiting in the living room.

There were fruits, snacks and tea on the table, and his father even took out the purple clay pot that he had treasured for many years.

Liang Jin clearly remembered that when he was a child, he had to be scolded for just touching that purple clay pot!

At this moment, his own father, Liang Ci, was making tea from this purple clay pot and warmly entertaining Ji Xiuyuan, constantly shushing him and not even giving him a glance.

His mother, Song Jingwen, took Liang Jin's hand and sat on the side, telling him in a low voice that he must take good care of his guest.

After expressing his endless praise for Ji Xiuyuan, Liang Ci changed his tune: "Mr. Ji, this is the first time our Xiao Jin has brought someone back..."

This was said as if he had brought a date, and Liang Jin nearly spat out the water he was drinking.

Song Jingwen hastily added, "Sorry, Old Liang isn't very good at talking, what he meant was, bringing a friend back."

"Oh oh oh yes, friend, friend." Liang Ci wiped his sweat with a tissue, "There's a situation, as you know, I'm in the collectibles business, and all the empty rooms at home are used to stockpile the things I collect. Xiao Jin never brings his friends home, so he never prepares. So, you'll have to settle for sharing a room with Xiao Jin tonight."

"No way?" Liang Jin said disgruntledly, "Didn't I tell you last night that Ji Shen was coming and to clear out one of the spare rooms?"

Liang Ci glared at him, "What are you yelling about? Be polite in front of the guests. Is that something that can be tidied up just like that? If you're not satisfied, you can go out and stay by yourself."

Ji Xiuyuan smiled, "It's okay, if Xiao Jin doesn't want to, it's okay for me to stay outside."

"As long as you don't mind, why wouldn't he want to?" Liang Ci patted Liang Jin's shoulder firmly, "Right son?"

Liang Jin was helpless, "You guys just decide, I don't deserve to have an opinion."

Liang Ci was in a good mood, "That's it then, Mr. Ji will sleep in your bed at night and you will sleep on the floor."

After lunch, Liang Jin took Ji Xiuyuan to his room, "Ji Shen, after driving for several hours this morning, you should take a nap."

"What about you?"

"I'm not tired, I'll play games to pass the time." Liang Jin drew the curtains and the light immediately dimmed.

Ji Xiuyuan took off his jacket and put it on the chair, "Okay, I'll take a nap then, good afternoon."

"Good afternoon."

Liang Jin sat on the floor to play a game, and when he looked up again, Ji Xiuyuan had already fallen asleep.

He quietly moved closer to the edge of the bed, propping his head up to admire Ji Xiuyuan's profile in detail.

Fate was a wonderful thing.

A few years ago, his father had spent a lot of money to acquire a painting made by Ji Xiuyuan.

That was the first time he saw a real painting of his, and the first time in his life that he had a connection with him.

But Liang Jin never imagined, nor did he ever expect, that he would one day be able to spend time in the same room with this man. He even managed to abduct him back to his home, just like...

Like lovers.

Liang Jin was startled by the vision in his head, how could he come up with such an absurd idea?

As he was examining himself, Ji Xiuyuan rolled over.

The distance between them shrank to the barest minimum, and Liang Jin looked at him in awe, being so close to each other that he could even hear his breath.

Ji Shen, Ji Shen, Ji Shen...

The person sleeping in my bed is Ji Shen.

Liang Jin's heart suddenly beat fast as he slowly moved closer to him and, extremely lightly, gave him a soft kiss on the lips.

And then immediately lifted his head, falling deeper into self-condemnation.

Why on earth did he have this impulse?

Liang Jin thought hard and finally found a reason: Who told Ji Shen to look so good? Who in their right mind could control that?

Because he was a normal person, it was normal for him to be unable to contain himself.

After he figured it out, he lowered his head again, intending to steal another kiss.

As he was about to do so, Ji Xiuyuan's eyelashes fluttered slightly and he opened his eyes.

Liang Jin stood up abruptly and took a few steps backwards, hitting the cabinet in his haste and making a loud bang.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: May 15, 2023

Comments