Exclusive Model for the Top Painter Chapter 23

Exploitation of the Opportunity to Audition


Back at the villa, Liang Jin played a game for a while when a WeChat message from Yao Yin popped up.

Yao Yin: A'Liang, good afternoon, are you free now?

Liang Jin: Good afternoon, Director Yao, I'm free.

Yao Yin: I spoke to you about shooting a movie before, and the script has just been finalised, so I wanted to send it to you for you to take a look. This is the scene for the audition, if you're interested, I'd like to invite you to come and audition.

Yao Yin sent him a PDF document titled 'Zhu Guang Yunian – Audition Script'.

Before reading the document, Liang Jin replied: Received, thank you, I will consider it carefully!

Yao Yin: You should study the script carefully, this scene is one of the climaxes of the whole film, it's best to get someone to try it out a few times first~ I'm looking forward to working with you.

Liang Jin opened the script and was shocked before reading a few pages.

Although Ji Xiuyuan had warned him a long time ago that Yao Yin was a niche art lover and liked to shoot fringe subjects, what he didn't expect was that the script he got was actually for a gay romance!

And it was a sadistic love affair with a huge difference in age and status!

The role Yao Yin gave him for the audition was the male lead, Yan Leyou, an orphan with a miserable background. By chance, he is adopted by the CEO of a conglomerate, Ye Boyan, who has been sponsoring him through school.

Yan Leyou is a bright, optimistic and well-educated boy. He has excellent grades, is handsome and cheerful. The only secret he can't talk about, hidden deep inside his heart, is that he is in love with his adopted father, Ye Boyan.

Ye Boyan is past his prime, but has never been married. With his ability and position, it would not have been difficult for him to find a perfect marriage. He is aware of Yan Leyou's feelings, but is unable to face them and is afraid to do so. And while spending time together, he had already been moved. But out of a sense of responsibility in his role as a father, he had to choose to avoid it.

The scene is set at a critical juncture.

Yan Leyou makes up his mind to confess his love, and if he fails, he will go to the US to study for his PhD and never return to China. If the two could be together, he would give up his full scholarship to Harvard University and stay at his company.

Liang Jin read those pages of the script over and over again, and one word kept looping in his mind: powerful!

The repressed love between the two protagonists is breathtaking, but the bond of mutual love and affection is suffocating. The young man's reckless impulse shatters the shackles of morality and the barriers of love and righteousness, and brings out a piece of his heart dripping with blood.

The impact of such a character is too strong.

In the evening, Ji Xiuyuan really did leave work early and the two cooked in the kitchen as promised.

Under Ji Xiuyuan's guidance, Liang Jin could already cut the meat into beautiful shreds or regular cubes. Although his knife skills were still no match for Ji Xiuyuan's, he was quite satisfied with himself.

While eating, Liang Jin suddenly thought about the audition, "Ji Shen, are you busy tonight?"

Ji Xiuyuan picked up a piece of meat for him, "Why?"

"There's a director... Yao Yin sent me a script, she told me to get someone to try it out with in advance, can you accompany me to read the lines?"

"Okay," Ji Xiuyuan quickly agreed, "Send me the script."

Liang Jin immediately picked up his phone and sent him the script.

Ji Xiuyuan swiped the phone out of his hand, "Eat first."

"Oh." Liang Jin obediently picked up his rice bowl, secretly sighing: not being allowed to play with his phone during meals, that's so devoid of human rights!

But... looking at Ji Xiuyuan's face, Liang Jin suddenly thought of the term 'a feast for the eyes', comparing the two, the phone was not much fun.

At nine o'clock at night, Liang Jin received a text message from Ji Xiuyuan: Come up.

Liang Jin asked: Where are we going? The studio?

Ji Xiuyuan: Bedroom.

Liang Jin went upstairs to Ji Xiuyuan's bedroom.

The door was left open and Ji Xiuyuan was leaning on the door frame, his eyes dark: "Are you sure you want to act in this movie?"

Liang Jin was frightened by his look: "Mhmm, what's wrong with it?"

"Nothing, let me confirm..." Ji Xiuyuan sat down on the sofa, "Your role is Yan Leyou, and I play your crush, Ye Boyan, right?"

Liang Jin entered the bedroom and stood in front of him, "That's right."

Ji Xiuyuan said, "Let's start now."

This scene is the key to their relationship turnaround, as Yan Leyou receives a full scholarship to Harvard University and Ye Boyan congratulates him. Yan Leyou is both happy and reluctant, happy that his hard work has paid off, and reluctant that he is leaving his lover's side, while Ye Boyan seems unconcerned.

Liang Jin quickly adjusted his emotions and looked at Ji Xiuyuan with eyes full of admiration, dependence and grievance: "When I think of leaving home and going so far away to study, I really feel sad."

Ji Xiuyuan stood up and ruffled his hair: "Adult children always leave the nest, congratulations."

Liang Jin took hold of his wrist and gently bit his lower lip: "Will you miss me?"

Ji Xiuyuan paused, his gaze gentle: "Of course."

Liang Jin wanted to say something several times but stopped, his breathing gradually becoming chaotic. Finally, he made up his mind and wrapped his arms tightly around his waist, "I don't want to leave you."

Ji Xiuyuan sighed softly, "You can't always stay by my side, you have your own life."

"Why can't I!" Liang Jin raised his eyes to look at him, the ends of his eyes flushed a little red: "I won't go, as long as you hold on to me."

Ji Xiuyuan smiled helplessly, "Why are you still so willful, don't play with your future."

"I just want to hear you tell me to stay, can't I?" Liang Jin's voice suddenly became low and desperate, "What if I never come back after this?"

Ji Xiuyuan froze, "What did you say?"

Liang Jin laughed at himself, but the bottom of his eyes were full of determination: "Ye Boyan, I like you. It's not the love between a father and son, but a longing and yearning that torments me day and night. I know that this feeling is both twisted and shameful, and that if you knew about it, you would surely be disgusted with me and curse me. So I hid it carefully for so many years, and I suffered too much."

Liang Jin just looked at him with deep obsession, as if it was a final farewell: "I can't take it, I can't take it anymore. It doesn't matter how much you hate me. If I could choose, I would rather we had not met at all fifteen years ago. I can never forget the day I first saw you, the first time I saw you..."

In the depths of emotion, tears flowed for no reason.

Ji Xiuyuan suddenly leaned down, cupped his face and kissed him vigorously.

Liang Jin was stunned, although there were indeed kissing scenes and even bed scenes in the script, he didn't expect Ji Xiuyuan to go this far. His distraction didn't last long before he was brought back into the scene by the fierce encroaching hot kiss.

The kiss was so full of intense emotion and explosive power, Liang Jin felt oxygen deprived and instinctively wrapped his arms around Ji Xiuyuan's neck.

"Don't leave." Ji Xiuyuan pushed him down on the bed, leaned in and pressed him down, burying his head in the nape of his neck, licking and kissing him.

Liang Jin's chest rose and fell violently, and he couldn't stop panting. Ji Xiuyuan ripped open the buttons of his shirt and ran his fingers over his warm torso, all the way down.

Liang Jin only felt a roar in his head as he pressed down on Ji Xiuyuan's hand and murmured, "No more, Ji Shen."

Ji Xiuyuan stopped.

Liang Jin trembled slightly: "Stop."

Ji Xiuyuan helped him put his clothes back on: "With me, you can shout to stop at any time. If you were on set, the situation would only be worse than this."

Liang Jin turned around and buried his head under the blanket, "Ah, forget it, it's better not to act in it."

Ji Xiuyuan pulled him out of the covers, "Have you thought it over?"

"Mhmm mhmm mhmm," Liang Jin jumped up from the bed, his cheeks still slightly flushed, "thank you, Ji Shen."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: May 12, 2023

Comments