After Crossing Over to the Republic of China, I've Become a Heartthrob Chapter 34

Meeting Song Youlan Again


When he put on his mask again and came out of Song Liao's room, Shi Yao's mind was in turmoil.

Every now and then, a fragment of the original owner's memory popped up and disturbed him.

He wanted to go back to his room, but he bumped into the supervisor on the way, who asked him, "What are you doing here? Have you finished serving the client?" 

Shi Yao said, "Oh, Song Liao said he didn't need service."

"Then you can't stay idle, I'll find you another one." The supervisor led him to the desk and started looking through the list: "This is the room, VIP 208, Young Master Chen Yuhui."

Chen Yuhui?

Did that name seem familiar?

Shi Yao suddenly remembered that this was the playboy he had kicked into the pond on the first day he crossed over.

He never expected to meet him again, it's really enemies meet on a narrow path.

While his thoughts were drifting, he inadvertently saw the information on the next form.

Song Yuan, VIP209.

Song Yuan was also here!

Does this mean that this establishment has also given Song Yuan special services?

There was an unexplainable emotion in Shi Yao's heart, would Song Yuan accept everything?

Should I go and have a look?

He first went to Chen Yuhui's VIP208, and before this bastard went on a rampage, he neatly knocked him out with a bottle of wine, tied him up with a sheet and threw him onto the bed.

Then he climbed from the balcony to VIP209 next door.

He heard Song Yuan's voice: "Thank you, but I'd like to rest early tonight."

"Are you dissatisfied with me? What is it that you don't like? My looks, or my body?" The tone of her voice was sticky and sweet, and it tickled the senses. 

Shi Yao peeped through the door, wow, it was a beautiful young lady, it made his heart flutter as he looked at her.

"No, you are very good. It's a beautiful day, you shouldn't waste time with me here." Song Yuan even refused so elegantly and gently: "It's cold at night, wear more clothes."

As he watched the young lady leave, Shi Yao sighed inwardly, oh my god, Song Yuan, are you impotent?

Are you a man if you can't get it up for a girl like that?

Although he was quite happy.

He was about to go back over the wall when the door to the balcony was pulled open with a loud bang.

Song Yuan stood inside the door, his eyes cold as he looked at him.

Luckily, he was wearing a mask. 

Shi Yao swallowed nervously.

Song Yuan approached him slowly and was about to take off his mask, but Shi Yao held it down and confronted him silently.

Song Yuan was a gentle man and would not use violence, he just looked at Shi Yao quietly and asked, "Who are you?"

Shi Yao was going to pretend to be an idiot, he did not want to be recognized by Song Yuan.

So, he decided to play mute.

Shi Yao pointed to his throat and shook his head.

Song Yuan asked, "Can't talk?"

Yes, yes, yes! Mhmm mhmm mhmm! How can you be so smart! 

Shi Yao nodded fiercely.

Song Yuan laughed softly, "Why are you here?"

Why? I want to know why too. I'm so annoyed that I haven't made up a reason yet, but luckily I'm dumb now, so I can pretend I don't understand.

"Came in from the balcony? A little thief?"

No, no, no! Shi Yao shook his head vigorously, if Song Yuan called the police, this crime would be added to the others, and he would go straight to jail.

"Then?"

Shi Yao had a bright idea and ran quickly to the desk, fetching a pen and writing on the paper to communicate with Song Yuan.

In order to prevent his handwriting from being recognized, he deliberately used his left hand to write. God knows, his right hand could write like a ghost, but his left hand was even worse.

Although Han Pu taught him traditional Chinese, he forgets every time he puts pen to paper, and always ends up writing it in simplified.

Whenever he wrote in simplified, the strict Professor Han would correct him, so much so that he would simply communicate with Han Pu in English.

This indirectly caused him to forget all the traditional characters that were left in his mind.

Miraculously, Song Yuan picked up the paper and read it with great interest, reading and reading, and actually recognized them all!

[I was cleaning the room next door and there was an indescribably violent struggle, so I climbed over from the balcony to take refuge here for fear of being hurt by mistake. Excuse me, I'm sorry, I'll leave right away.]

Shi Yao nodded, indicating that this was what he meant, and used two fingers to make a gesture of leaving, asking for Song Yuan's opinion.

Unexpectedly, Song Yuan asked, "Why are you wearing a mask?"

A saying instantly rang in Shi Yao's mind: when you tell a lie, you have to tell a million lies to make up for it.

So he began to make things up again.

[I was disfigured when I was a child, I was ugly and couldn't face people, so I wore a mask.]

"I was also bullied as a child, and I have a scar on my collarbone." Song Yuan said: "Beauty is but skin deep."

Why did this come out in English?

Did Song Yuan recognise me?

I don't think so.

Shi Yao continued to pretend to be mute and wrote on the paper.

[I'm not educated, I don't understand Western languages.]

"Skin and bones, beauty is fleeting." Along the edge of the mask, Song Yuan gently stroked the side of his face: "Beauty is easy to come by, but sincerity is hard to find."

[Beauty is hard to come by too, right? You're so good-looking, is it still hard to find sincerity?]

"Naturally."

[I don't believe it.]

"The better you look, the more money you have, the more talent you have, and the more ability you have, the further away you are from true love."

[That's true. Often people approach good-looking or rich people for the wrong reasons.] Thinking of Jacob, Shi Yao went on to write, [And some people seem to be affectionate, but in reality they are almost heartless.]

"When one is passionate, they become less affectionate."

[What about you? Are you affectionate or heartless?]

When he wrote these words, Shi Yao's hand shook a little, in fact, he had never been able to see through Song Yuan.

He had never known whether Song Yuan was affectionate or indifferent towards him.

Sometimes he felt sorry for Song Yuan, but sometimes he felt that he deserved it because he was a vicious and treacherous person.

Sometimes he felt that Song Yuan was so affectionate that he was irresistible, and sometimes he felt that he was so cold that it sent a chill down his spine.

Song Yuan was like an opium poppy, addictive, gentle and dangerous.

"What about you? Are you affectionate or heartless?" Song Yuan read out the sentences on the paper and looked at Shi Yao.

It was an answer, but also a question.

Shi Yao asked himself, but there was no way to make it clear.

He remembered that he had hurt Song Yuan, and he felt very guilty.

Although Song Yuan had done many bad things and lied to him about many things, it seemed that he had never hurt him.

Song Yuan had once accused himself of teasing him.

Had his own willfulness and stubbornness really caused him too much trouble?

Youlan, what should I do with you?

Feeling very confused, Shi Yao hastily wrote:

[I'm leaving, I'm going to clean the next room.]

"Okay," Song Yuan said, "sleep well tonight." 

———

Shi Yao said goodbye to Song Yuan and went back to his room, but before he could sit down, there was a knock on the door.

The supervisor looked angry: "007! Is this how you treat your VIP customers?"

No way! Chen Yuhui had woken up so quickly?

It seemed he hadn't hit him hard enough.

Shi Yao pretended to be innocent: "What's wrong?"

"Young Master Chen was attacked, did you do this?"

Shi Yao pretended to be shocked: "How is that possible? I served Young Master Chen well, it definitely wasn't me!"

There were no cameras in this era anyway, heh heh. 

"Young Master Chen is furious, come with me to see the boss now!"

Meeting the boss by accident, good!

I wonder what level of boss it is and if I can find out some valuable information?

When they arrived at the office of the president of the Yingzhou Chamber of Commerce, Shi Yao was surprised to find that their boss was actually a woman!

It was a beautiful and charming woman who looked a bit old, but she was definitely a beauty when she was young!

Just as Shi Yao was sighing inwardly,

Qiu Hongshang coldly asked, "Are you the one who injured Young Master Chen?" 

Shi Yao immediately denied, "It's not me, I didn't."

"What is your name?"

"I don't have a name, my nickname is 007."

With a wave of her hand, her subordinates forcibly removed Shi Yao's mask.

While lighting a cigarette, Qiu Hongshang threatened, "You'd better tell the truth."

As she held the cigarette between her two fingers, Qiu Hongshang saw Shi Yao's face and immediately froze.

Shi Yao looked at her in confusion. She was staring at him for so long? Do I have gold on my face?

Qiu Hongshang asked, "Is your surname Shi?" 

Shi Yao was silent for a long time, but eventually nodded.

Qiu Hongshang immediately stood up, took a dagger out of the drawer, came to Shi Yao's side and violently cut his shirt.

Shi Yao looked at her nervously, why didn't the beautiful sister follow the usual rules?

Oh my god, you don't think I'm a good-looking guy and want to act on the unspoken rules, do you?

He saw Qiu Hongshang peel away his clothes, and she found a lotus-shaped birthmark at the back of his neck.

Almost instantly, the dagger fell to the floor and Qiu Hongshang's voice was almost trembling as she asked, "What's your name?"

"Shi Yao."

"Shi Yao," Qiu Hongshang recited softly, "Shi Yao."

She smiled softly with a few tears in her eyes, and she said, "You are my child."

"What???" Shi Yao was shocked, "Are you joking?"

When he was in modern times, his mother had died in childbirth.

When he crossed over, his mother had also passed away a long time ago.

In his life, he had never felt a mother's love, never experienced the feeling of being cared for by a mother.

Qiu Hongshang gently stroked his face: "Your father, named Shi Chang, was an officer. We met during the war and were separated during the chaos. Not long after I gave birth to you, before I could give you a name, our family was separated by war. Later, when I heard that he had died on the battlefield, I thought you too..."

"I never thought that God would be kind to me and that we would be reunited." Qiu Hongshang put her arms around him: "Shi Yao, Yao'er, let me hug you properly."

Shi Yao did not expect things to develop in this way. He gently stroked Qiu Hongshang's back, feeling that all of this seemed so unreal.

He didn't have a mother in modern times, and here, if he could feel the tenderness of a mother for even a moment, his heart was full of shock.

Qiu Hongxiang asked him, "Why did you come to the Chamber of Commerce, to do this kind of work?"

Shi Yao said, "I'm actually here to get information. Do you know anything about Professor Han Pu?"

"Han Pu, a professor in the School of Humanities at Nanyang University?"

"Mhmm, he was shot, and the rumour is that Song Yuan did it."

"It wasn't Song Yuan." Qiu Hongsheng said with conviction, "Someone else did it."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

I finished the last three chapters (as well as a stupid long SCI chapter this morning) and was super happy to be done working for the day, only to reload the page and see this chapter up... so here you go. I hope you are all enjoying the story so far.

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: July 2, 2023

Comments