Dr. Ou's Psychotherapy Chapter 34

Charity and Greed


The next night, Yi Zhize arrived at Meng Xing's villa.

The banquet hall was glittering with lights and bustling with noise.

Meng Xing was hugging people left and right, occasionally whistling to the lead singer of the band and bringing forth bursts of applause.

Forcing himself to endure the discomfort of a headache, Yi Zhize approached and struck up a conversation with him.

Meng Xing pushed away the beauty beside him and vacated a seat, "Barrister Yi, have a seat."

Yi Zhize sat down beside him.

Meng Xing bragged, "Look, that band on stage is very famous. The lead singer is Shu Yue, who is currently a big star, I spent a lot of money to get him!"

Yi Zhize glanced at the teenager in the spotlight, who was carrying a guitar, and let out a soft hmm.

"Alright, I know you're not interested." Meng Xing said, "The person you want to invite, I contacted them for you."

"Thanks."

"You helped me a lot back in UCL, what's the point of being polite." Meng Xing said seriously, "I've heard about your grandfather, I'm sorry for your loss."

Yi Zhize's eyes darkened.

"Zhize ah, I have an idea." Meng Xing suddenly leaned into his ear and whispered, "You don't have a partner now anyway, do you want to consider me?"

Yi Zhize looked at him in disbelief.

Meng Xing smiled openly, and the blue diamond earrings reflected a dazzling light.

At this moment, a low, suppressed voice came from not far away: "Mr. Meng, Barrister Yi, what are you talking about?"

Hearing his voice, Yi Zhize held his breath for a moment.

Meng Xing put his hand on Yi Zhize's shoulder and said lazily, "Yo, isn't this Dr. Ou? It's been a long time."

A scorching gaze glued itself to him inescapably, but Yi Zhize ignored it with deliberate indifference.

Ou Tingyun approached and gently called out, "Ze Ze."

The band erupted into a rousing tune, drowning him out in a flash.

Yi Zhize looked up and met his eyes.

It was like before, like the first time they met.

"Mr. Yi," Ou Tingyun smiled, "welcome back."

Yi Zhize's voice was calm and unruffled: "Thank you."

Ou Tingyun moved Meng Xing's hand away from Yi Zhize's shoulder: "It's too noisy here, shall we talk outside?"

"Okay."

"What are you talking about, you're so secretive." Meng Xing muttered discontentedly, "Zhize, come back later for a drink after the conversation, I'll tell you an interesting secret that concerns you."

The night breeze was clear as they emerged from the ballroom.

"I didn't change my number." Ou Tingyun said, "If you wanted to contact me, you wouldn't have had to pretend to be someone else."

"It might have bothered you."

"It won't. I'm always available, whenever." Ou Tingyun stopped, "And,"

Yi Zhize also paused, waiting for him to continue.

"I miss you so much."

A sharp headache exploded in his head and Yi Zhize's breath shuddered as he pretended not to hear it.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that." Ou Tingyun smiled politely, "You said you had something to talk to me about?"

"En."

"It's the Honghui Group's asset restructuring case, isn't it?"

"En."

"I promise you."

Yi Zhize's smile was faint: "I haven't said anything yet."

"No matter what you say, I promise you." Ou Tingyun said softly, "I only have one request."

"Hmm?"

"If I help you solve this case, can I see you more often?"

Yi Zhize did not reply.

Ou Tingyun's tone was slow and gentle: "Is that okay?"

"If necessary," Yi Zhize clenched his right hand and rubbed his fingers together, "a face-to-face meeting is possible."

"Okay," Ou Tingyun said, "I'm happy to be working with Mr. Yi again."

He extended his hand towards him.

Yi Zhize hesitated for a moment and shook his hand.

The warm touch of his palm awakened warm memories of the past.

In the past, when it was cold, Ou Tingyun would always protect his hand in the palm of his hand while tucking it in his coat pocket.

The warmth travelled from his hand to his heart, stirring up a strange current of electricity.

Yi Zhize pulled his hand away and, without a word, turned to leave.

———

When he re-entered the ballroom, he was greeted by Meng Xing, "Zhize, over here! Come quickly!"

As Yi Zhize approached, he saw that he and Victor were having a drink.

There were bottles of all sizes on the table and a pile of bottles and cans rolling around on the floor.

There was a group of hot little beauties around them, cheering and encouraging.

The two of them, Yi Zhize thought to himself, were a good match for the pursuit of flamboyance, noise and excitement.

As soon as Victor saw him he shouted, "Yi! Yi! Come on, you too, have some!"

Meng Xing fetched a wine glass and Victor filled it with wine: "To UCL!"

Yi Zhize took the glass and gently clinked it with them, "To UCL."

Meng Xing smiled heatedly, "Zhize, I just said, I want to tell you a secret, will you listen to me?"

Victor's face was red from drinking, but his blue eyes appeared more clear. At the moment, those nice eyes were wide, "A secret? Great, I love secrets!"

Meng Xing gave Victor a playful look, "About UCL, about you, and about him."

"About me too?" Victor urged, "Then tell me!"

"Zhize, back then at UCL, do you know why he did that to you?" Meng Xing thought for a while, "Called you a nerd, naive little fool, and tricked you into doing a case study for him."

Victor's face paled, "Please! Stop it! Stop!"

Meng Xing ignored his protests, raised his bottle and tapped Yi Zhize on the shoulder, laughing, "Because, he's a childish, cowardly man."

Victor breathed a sigh of relief.

"He likes you."

Yi Zhize choked on his drink.

Victor snarled angrily, "Meng! You bastard! I'll fight you! In the name of God!"

Meng Xing snorted, "What are you getting so worked up about? I'm just kidding."

Victor glared at him viciously and gritted his teeth, "It's not funny!"

Yi Zhize put down his glass, "Sorry, I'll take my leave."

Rejecting Meng Xing's offer to have someone drop him off, Yi Zhize went to the place where he had parked his car.

Beside his car, there stood a man.

He approached him.

Between them,

their breath intertwined.

Ou Tingyun said distressingly: "Have you been drinking? I remember you're not used to drinking, is it uncomfortable? Hmm?"

Yi Zhize looked at him.

Days and nights in England, this doctor's face had appeared a thousand times in his dreams.

Ou Tingyun gently wrapped his arms around him, "Ze Ze, even if you loathe me, it doesn't matter. I really can't live without you, please, at least let me be close to you, to talk to you, to see you more."

Yi Zhize closed his eyes and touched his lips.

Ou Tingyun's breath stopped and his body trembled gently.

Yi Zhize was kissing him.

The scent of wine filled the air.

Ou Tingyun hugged him fiercely, with such force that it was as if they were linked by blood.

Intertwined with silver threads.

It went on and on.

At the end of the kiss, Yi Zhize said, "I can't drive after drinking."

Naturally, Ou Tingyun understood what he meant. He was so surprised that he felt like he was in a dream: "Ze Ze, if this is a dream, I'd like to never wake up."

"Don't think too much." Yi Zhize sat in the passenger seat, "It's just a handout to you."

"Okay," Ou Tingyun kissed him on the forehead, "please, give me more, more and more. With you, I will never be satisfied."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: December 8, 2022

Comments

Post a Comment

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter! I love to hear all of your comments.

Be sure to check back, as I always try my best to respond to every comment I receive!