My Vampire Faints at Blood Chapter 52

Respect the Patient's Right to Privacy


In the spirit of responsibility and respect for the patient's privacy, Doctor Shang nodded with mixed feelings, but ultimately did not speak up, "Okay – can I ask one more question, how exactly were you guys injured?"

"This..." Haidi's face showed some embarrassment, but then he suddenly remembered that he had already revealed his identity to the human in front of him, so he stopped hesitating and nodded openly, "Anyway, you already know what I am, so I won't hide it from you. We were just at the zoo, and as you know, there were – you know, as they say, a hundred birds facing the phoenix. So I was there, and suddenly about twenty ostriches came at me..."

"......" Shocked by this very convincing reason. Doctor Shang nodded subconsciously, and suddenly felt a strange sympathy for the survival of the phoenix clan, "Is your hundred birds facing the phoenix a passive skill that can't be turned off?"

"You know me – that's what it is!" At his question, Haidi nodded in surprise and grabbed his arm with hot tears in his eyes, "You know what? I'm actually a half-blood phoenix. This is a skill we Chinese phoenixes have that foreigners don't. Whenever I go to my dad's place for a holiday, he always tells me that I'm not allowed to seduce the flamingos and Canada geese out there..."

Just listening to it, he could imagine the other party's tortuous upbringing. Shang Haojia nodded sympathetically, asking another curious follow-up question, "So you ended up finding him?"

The simple little phoenix nodded with a red face, not realising in the slightest that the human doctor's attitude seemed a little too laid back. Pinching the corner of his coat and lowering his head, his expression twisted all of a sudden, "I look like this, so people think I'm some kind of delinquent or unorthodox boy. There was once a pervert who chased me, I guess he thought I was into the whole undertaker thing and used to smear blood on my mirror all the time, which scared me to death – I'm just looking for a calm and reliable person. He seems particularly calm, although sometimes he seems a bit too calm..."

"I understand – I can probably relate to how you feel too." After all, it was one of the races that stood at the top of the emoji pile along with the aggressive hen and the poodle version of the Shiba Inu. Remembering how the Tibetan fox looked after his transformation, Doctor Shang coughed hastily to barely hide his laughter, "Okay, enough for now – how does this thing work, by poking him directly in the head?"

"No, no, I have instructions. Use it as you see fit, and whatever is left over will be yours." Haidi shook his head in a hurry and, after digging in his pocket, fished out a copy of the instructions and shoved it into his hand, "Dude, make sure you keep my identity a secret for me, I don't want to scare him..."

"Don't worry, I won't say anything." He didn't expect that it would come with an instruction manual. Shang Haojia raised an eyebrow with interest, took it and walked around back to the consultation room. He dipped it into the alcohol and sprinkled it on Jia Duobao's body a few times according to the instructions, and recited an incoherent incantation in a serious manner, "How is it, do you feel anything special?"

"I feel a little nervous... Doctor, do you think that he really didn't see who I am?" The hybrid Tibetan fox responded in a shy voice, looking up at the human doctor in front of him inquiringly, his expression still looking subdued and aloof, but his tone was already one of grave seriousness.

"... Love makes you blind, so I don't think so." Originally, with the principle of being responsible for both parties, he made up several fanciful treatments for this sudden phoenix feather. It was unexpected that the other party did not suspect it at all, so Doctor Shang, whose heart was in the gutter, sighed helplessly, shook his head resolutely, and led the Tibetan fox, who claimed to have been very nervous, out of the consultation room.

Seeing Jia Duobao finally walk out, Haidi rushed to see him. He looked him up and down carefully and was relieved to see that he was all right, "It's all right, it's all right – don't be so reckless next time, you understand?"

"Yes, I'll be more careful next time." Skilfully, he pulled his stunned mate into his arms and gave him two soothing pats on the back. 

While the Tibetan fox's demeanour remained stoic, Haidi's face suddenly flushed red and he hastily pushed him away, "All right, all right, no cuddling out here!"

"Okay, no more cuddling." In the face of his partner's petty temper, the Tibetan fox was clearly quite accommodating. Nodding patiently, he turned to take his partner's hand and nodded towards the human doctor who had gathered around him, "Doctor Shang, thank you."

He was immersed deep in thought about whether there was reproductive isolation between mammals and birds. Suddenly hearing his name, Shang Haojia snapped back to his senses and waved his hand with a smile, "It's nothing to do with me, it's good that you two are okay."

The two were still immersed in their own wit alongside their acting skills, each thanking the helpful human doctor profusely and unanimously inviting him to Phoenix Hotpot City for dinner. Before Shang Haojia could think of a way to say no, Haidi had already unilaterally arranged a time and left the hospital in a huff, dragging Jia Duobao with him.

Looking at their harmonious backs, Doctor Shang played with the phoenix tail feather in his hand and shivered as he subconsciously imagined the scene of the bloodsucking ball and the little phoenix coming together. Shaking his head distractedly, he turned and walked quickly back to his office.

"My dear – did it go well?" The office was obviously less crowded than it had been when they left. As soon as he entered, the vampire greeted him with concern, and thoughtfully moved a chair for him, "Vita sensed that his family was looking for him, so he took the elder to hide out for now and will meet us at the villa in the evening. The little ones were a bit sleepy, so I made a cradle for them and lulled them to sleep."

"It was hard work, but my side went quite well and I was forced to set up a dinner appointment." Taking a sip of the water he handed him, Shang Haojia nodded and sat down at the desk, pulling up his phone and handing over the photos, "This is the hybrid werewolf we took in today, I think it's the Jia Duobao we've been looking for – however, it seems that the genes of the Tibetan fox are obviously stronger..."

"......" Looking oddly at the humanoid Tibetan fox in the picture, the antique vampire, out of touch with the times, pondered for three seconds before squatting down with a smile on his face, holding the desk, "Not good, my dear, I'm sorry – but it's as if this picture has a magical power, I can't think at all..."

"That's the magic of emojis, I'll show you a free flying hen later and you'll get used to the rhythm of the world." Patting his vampire's shoulder with deep empathy, Doctor Shang put his phone away, pulled him to his feet and fished the phoenix feather out of his pocket again, placing it on the table, "According to the information we have so far, Jia Duobao and Wayne Loki are trying to capture a phoenix called Haidi Lao, and that little phoenix must treat us to a meal..."

"Yes – I probably overheard your conversation. The two of them going to great lengths to conceal their identities from each other, it was a very touching scene." The vampire couldn't help but nod, and with a glance at the two small dragons who were huffing and puffing, he closed one hand around his human's shoulder. Leaning over, he dropped a quick, light kiss on his lips, "Love between a non-human race and a human is hard, and every time I think of it, I am truly honoured and grateful beyond measure. I don't even know where I would be if I hadn't been lucky enough to meet you-"

"Okay, okay, don't bother reciting the lyrics – if you have the luxury, you should be figuring out how to get over your hemophobia." With a sudden flush of blood on his face, Shang Haojia coughed lightly and hastily interrupted him, getting up and straightening his clothes in a lustful manner, "I'll go back down later to help out, and I'll leave work when I'm done with this batch of patients. Since they said they'd treat us to dinner, why don't we go there?  We can confirm up close if that Jia Duobao is the one you're looking for, I do remember him saying he could beat up a wolf..."

"My dear, I have to say – you are really the best witch I have ever seen." Hearing him mention werewolf beating brought a slight smile to the vampire's eyes, and he nodded gently, giving him a serious compliment.

Although he had grown accustomed to the compliment mode that the other party turned on from time to time, Doctor Shang still subconsciously touched his nose and sighed lightly helplessly, "Well, you wait for me here for now, I should be back soon..." With a light smile and a wink, the vampire obediently took his seat in the corner. Shang Haojia then sighed in relief and quickly walked out of the office, fanning his somewhat hot cheeks hard.

That guy who doesn't have a long memory actually attacked suddenly without reporting again, it seems necessary to go back and enter a new phase of treatment...

Perhaps it was because of the double qi of the dragons and phoenixes, but there really weren't many patients today, and it was only slightly dark when the consultation room was empty.

After finishing the day's work, Shang Haojia changed out of his white clothes, put the two little dragons into his pocket and led his vampire out of the hospital. Haidi Lao and Jia Duobao had long been standing guard at the door, and as soon as they saw him come out, they waved towards him from afar, "Doctor Shang, come on, come on – is this your boyfriend? Let's go together, let's go together, there's a lot of people to eat with and it's lively!"

The young phoenix was innocently enthusiastic and quickly went over to him and took his arm, dragging the man unceremoniously towards the car. The Tibetan fox, however, was clearly much more composed, and after shaking the vampire's hand, there was a bit of suspicious wariness in his eyes, "A part of my blood tells me that you are an unwelcome presence to werewolves..."

"That's right, I'm a vampire, and I belong to the same race as those two brothers." Meeting his gaze, Wei Long's eyes took on a faint smile, clearly still not completely free from the magic of the emoji, "Are we to be enemies of each other on such an occasion?"

"No, because I am also an unwelcome presence to the werewolves. They say my werewolf transformation is an indiscriminate attack, and that no matter who it is, once they see me, they simply cannot fight." Jia Duobao shook his head and responded honestly, looking at him again sincerely, some earnestness suddenly showing in his eyes, "Vampires can't hide themselves the way we can, and that human must know who you are. Can you pass on some of your experiences – how you confessed to him,  how you got along afterwards, whether you sleep in the nest at night or in the den, who goes first and who goes second when bathing, and what to do if the other person doesn't accept the food you like?"

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: February 22, 2022

Edited: August 18, 2023

Comments

  1. Its si funny to read Doctor Shang trapped by his code of honor to not spill his patient's condition. 😂

    And Doctor Shang's concern about mammals and birds is so valid! 🤭🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Doctor Shang is trapped by his ethics 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter! I love to hear all of your comments.

Be sure to check back, as I always try my best to respond to every comment I receive!