My Vampire Faints at Blood Chapter 50

Eating Until You Are Eighty Percent Full is Good for Your Health


"That's good – do you know how to use a computer?" Having gotten the guardian's approval, Doctor Shang was completely free of the guilt of employing child labour. He nodded in satisfaction and turned straight to the teenager on the side.

When he heard that his new boss had something to tell him to do, Vita's eyes lit up and he nodded vigorously, "I can use it! I'm very good at puzzle games, and I can also play poker!"

"...That's okay, it's good enough that you know how to type." Under the young master's expectant gaze, Doctor Shang smiled helplessly and tilted his head slightly before picking up a pile of medical records and shoving them into his arms, "I'll teach you how to log into the system, hurry up and enter it for me, or we won't be able to leave work today."

Convinced that his boss was going to teach him the secret of conquering the world, Vita hurriedly took the charts, ran to the other computer and sat down, then looked up excitedly, asking another question, "If I learn this, can I become as good as you?"

Wei Long was moving the last pile of medical records to Doctor Shang, who was focused on his work. He apparently had no time to think about this, and casually nodded in response, "Yes, anyway, this is how I somehow became a big devil... Come on, open the page first and do as I say."

Having received the acknowledgement of the great human demon lord himself, Vita felt all the more motivated. He sat up straighter and nodded vigorously, listening intently to the lecture and carefully following the instructions step by step.

With the help of three free labourers, it was clear that the work was more than twice as efficient as before. Working in pairs, they managed to enter the entire backlog of medical records that afternoon, just in time for the inspection.

Looking up from his watch, Shang Haojia was finally relieved to notice that the family bucket seemed to be missing a lot, and that the Coke had somehow been drained from the cup.

After looking around for the culprits, he found two small dragons lying in the paper cup. They were lazily wagging their tails, puffing out their round bellies, and burping one after the other.

"You two – if you follow me these three days and learn anything bad, you'll be spanked by your father when you get back." Looking at these two little dragons who were not at all civilised, Doctor Shang's eyes were filled with a helpless smile. He rubbed the two little ones' tummies and put the medical records back on the cart in separate piles, "Good work, thanks for your help – does anyone eat KFC?"

"No, no, no, I'm a standard vampire, I can't eat all this human food..." The elder waved his hand hastily and took a modest step back, reaching out with quick eyes and yanking back his young master who was about to open his mouth, "Young Master, have you forgotten? Master has said that the youngest is already indisputable enough, you must not eat carelessly outside the house – you must discipline yourself according to the code of purebloods and be a good new age vampire who can stand up to the test and has high and strict standards..."

"My dear, may I have a spicy chicken wing?" Apparently not taking any pureblood code to heart in the slightest, a smiling Wei Long held up a hand once he had helped his doctor finish moving his medical records, "I'm not feeling hungry, but it does taste so tempting..."

"Is that why you slathered on the sunscreen and went for a family bucket in this weather?" Doctor Shang rummaged through the bucket, handed him a spicy chicken wing, and gave him a serious pat on the arm, "Just this one – you mustn't eat too much else, as you must get your appetite for blood back as soon as possible, remember?"

"My dear, for that matter, I–" The smile on the vampire's face was mixed with a bit of helplessness at the mention of it. Shaking his head with a bitter smile, he was about to open his mouth to explain when there were a few sudden knocks on the door.

"It should be the inspection, hide!" Hearing the knocking, Doctor Shang immediately mobilised his full state of readiness as he instructed in a low voice, and then went to greet them with a quick stride.

Just before he reached the door, the closed door was gently pushed open, "Xiao Shang, your department said you were on duty here – how's it going?"

"I've just finished entering the medical records and am sending them to the nurses' station." With a glance at the instantly empty office behind him, Shang Haojia breathed a sigh of relief. Without a trace, he pushed the drawer with half of a suit exposed inwards, re-drew the slightly bulky partition curtain, and stuffed the heavy empty paper cup into the trash bin decisively.

The director who came to inspect the office obviously didn't see any mystery hidden in this uneventful office. He patted him appreciatively on the shoulder, pulled out a chair and sat down, taking a friendly stance, "Are you still working on your PhD thesis? Are you confident?"

"I'm still working on it – as you know, we don't have much time for research in emergency medicine, so we can only take one step at a time." Shang Haojia had been so busy these past few days that he had almost forgotten he had a PhD thesis to write. Catching a glimpse of the shadow next to the chair, he hurriedly kicked the blood elder under the table back into the shadows and pulled the chart cart over to block it, "I've found some direction recently, I just haven't come to a definite conclusion yet, it's still being worked on..."

"Do your research and try to get your paper done early. It's up to you to break the spell of our emergency medicine department not producing results." The director wholeheartedly encouraged him, patted him on the shoulder, and proposed a plan that he had already devised, "How about this, I know you are busy in the emergency department – since you have to work harder during this period, apart from the normal day shifts and support shifts, you will not be needed for the night shifts. Put everything you have outside of work into research, can you work it out?"

"No wonder my bunch of colleagues look so resentful when they see me..." Finally understanding the cause of the previous situation, Shang Haojia smiled helplessly and muttered in a low voice before nodding and straightening up, "I know, I'll try my best."

Seeing that his attitude was quite decent, the director nodded gratefully and encouraged him a few more times before finally leaving the office.

Listening to the sound of footsteps fading away, Shang Haojia hurriedly and deftly locked the door behind him. Hitting the drawer, he dragged out the teenage vampire, yanked the blood elder from under the desk, and pulled the two baby dragons out of the bin, "That's not right – where's another one?"

"Here I am, my dear." There was a sudden elegant and light laugh from the ceiling. As the crowd watched, the king of purebloods put away his difficult split pose and leapt lightly from the top of the cupboard, "If I understood correctly, what that just meant was that you are probably going to adjust your working hours..."

Shang Haojia nodded, sizing him up for a moment with his jaw in the air and earnestly asking a very important question, "That's right, I shouldn't be working late shifts for a few months – so have you adjusted your work schedule to accommodate the intention of sleeping at night?"

Hearing his words, the vampire's expression was suddenly slightly stunned, a faint bloodshot hue appeared in his eye and he coughed lightly in an extremely unnatural manner, "My dear – this is the kind of thing that we can perhaps discuss carefully when we get home..."

"What's there to be embarrassed about when you're this old – isn't it just sleeping together?" The vampire teenager on the side couldn't stand to watch, so he made a face and booed, sitting deftly on the table, "It's already the twenty-first century, how come you old vampires are less open-minded than the others? Just like my brother, taking a vixen for a boyfriend and actually following some old-fashioned vampire relationship guide..."

Doctor Shang twitched slightly, keenly catching the detail in the teenager's words. Exchanging a glance with his vampire, he followed up with a question, "Where did the vixen come from, isn't your brother fighting back and forth with a werewolf?" 

"Well, what can I say – like that werewolf mixed with a husky in your family, there has to be a separate name for it. It's either a werewolf or a husky, it can't be called a werehusky, can it?" Justifiably spreading his hands, Vita sat on the table and swung his legs, clearly very unconcerned by the question.

Seeing the same look of understanding in his vampire's eyes, Doctor Shang nodded slightly. He was about to follow up with more questions when the vampire at his side suddenly gazed at him slightly and gently squeezed the human doctor's arm,  "My dear, would you mind going downstairs? I think I smell blood that doesn't belong to humans, it's very strong, I think it's wounded..."

"The non-human race has finally learned to come to the hospital for emergency care too?" When he met his slightly serious gaze, Shang Haojia raised his eyebrows, and his expression followed suit, "I'm on my way. Stay in the office, don't go down there..."

"I'm going too, I'm the boss's fighter, I have to go with him!" Seeing that his boss was about to leave, Vita leapt off the desk and enthusiastically raised his hand to report for duty. 

Shang Haojia was about to tell him to behave when the vampire gently squeezed his shoulder, "Tell Vita to go with you – I can't protect you personally, and his strength in battle gives me some confidence."

"Then be careful yourself, don't accidentally see any blood – you might cause a panic if you faint here." Not yet knowing what kind of creature he was going to face, Shang Haojia nodded after a moment's thought, and gave another uneasy instruction. Only after seeing him nod in response did he pat the teenage vampire on the back, open the door, and walk quickly towards the emergency room.

As he walked into the waiting area, Doctor Shang glanced around and saw a calm young man with his stomach covered, sitting quietly in a chair wearing a baseball cap. He seemed to sense his gaze and turned his head to look over.

The young man who was with him looked back and forth and confirmed his identity, so he hurriedly walked over, "Are you a doctor, can you take care of him first? He's vomiting blood all over the place, and yet he still wants to register and wait in line, I'm dying from anxiety."

The young man was dressed strangely; half of his hair was fiery red, the other half was dyed silvery white, and he had a necklace of fish bones around his neck. When he walked up to him in a breeze, he slipped a business card into his hand, "My name is Haidi Lao and I have my own chain of shops nearby. Dude, do me a favour and come back to my place for dinner later..."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: February 20, 2022

Edited: August 18, 2023

Comments

  1. Just how small the little dragons were to be able to fit in kfc's cup?

    Doctor Shang really knew how to used free labour's. 🤭

    I wonder what kind of creature the new character would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they can make themselves smaller, ot maybe they are just that adorably small to begin with 🥰

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter! I love to hear all of your comments.

Be sure to check back, as I always try my best to respond to every comment I receive!