A Psych Case Just Joined the Team Chapter 010
Bloodshed – 10
Ten minutes later, Li Li was once again seated at the interrogation table.
"Miss Li, since you are so reluctant to part with your son, you should tell us the truth, we can help you apply for a lighter sentence."
Li Li took a deep breath and exhaled heavily. After a moment, she finally spoke, as if a burden had been lifted: "My husband and I are from the same village, we've known each other since we were children. Just as the officer said, my husband has a younger brother, who is also called Lin Datong, and they are twins. Originally, Lin Datong was going to be abandoned by their father on the back of the mountain, but in the end, their father couldn't do it, he went back secretly and brought him home again. After that, my husband and his brother lived under the same identity, 'Lin Datong'. After I married Datong and my in-laws passed away, we moved to Dang City. Lin Datong lived with us as well."
At that point, Xie Xun asked, "But after all these years, did no one realise that Lin Tong and Lin Datong were two different people?"
Cui Jingfeng said, "That's right, according to our investigation, the neighbours have very conflicting opinions of your husband, some say he's family-oriented, while others say he's a drunk and a gambler. I imagine that's because Lin Tong and Lin Datong had very different personalities. But even after decades, no one realised that they were two people?"
Li Li replied, "We're just ordinary people trying to make a living. The neighbours usually only chatted about day-to-day gossip, once they've said their bit, that's the end of it. Who has the time to mind other people's business, let alone investigate my husband?"
Cui Jingfeng asked, "Your husband... he must have treated you well, right?"
Li Li calmly said, "Datong is a good man. After I married him, life wasn't wealthy, but he treated me very well. At first, he didn't want me to work, but once our son started school, there were just too many expenses. He couldn't bear the burden all on his own, so I found a job at a garment factory near my son's school. He didn't want me to be too tired, so after coming back from the construction site, he'd still cook dinner. He... he's nothing like that useless, vile brother of his."
As she spoke, a look of deep disgust spread across Li Li's face, and she continued, "That bastard, he lazed about all day, and he was always drinking and gambling. All those bad things you've heard people say about Datong? They were all talking about him."
Li Li fell silent for a moment before continuing, "Originally, Datong had a good job, doing interior renovations for people. The pay was high, and it wasn't as dangerous as working on a construction site. But that bastard went along one day, got drunk, and ended up attacking one of the workers... Datong was fired because of it, he didn't even get paid for the half a month's work he'd done."
Xie Xun asked, "What happened after that?"
Li Li replied, "After that, Datong found work at a construction site. That bastard couldn't be bothered, always lazy, always avoiding work. Even though it was my husband who showed up to work at the site at least twenty days a month, the pay was still split evenly between the two of them."
Jingfeng asked, "Why did you kill him?"
Li Li said, "On October 6th, the day I killed that bastard, my husband had gone to the construction site. I didn't feel comfortable leaving Qi Qi at home alone, but I didn't want to take a day off either. Losing those few dozen yuan in wages would've hurt, so I slipped away early while my supervisor wasn't around and came home. As soon as I got in, I saw that bastard drinking and watching TV in the living room. I didn't want it affecting Qi Qi, so I sent him to his room to do his homework while I went into the kitchen to make his dinner."
At this point, Li Li's expression suddenly shifted. "That bastard came up from behind and grabbed me, started pulling at my clothes..."
As Li Li spoke, she seemed to replay the scene from the sixth of October in her mind...
Eight o'clock in the evening, October 6th.
Li Li was in the kitchen cooking. Lin Datong crept in quietly and suddenly grabbed her tightly from behind. The stench of alcohol hit the back of her neck, and the knife she had been using to cut vegetables slipped from her hand. The moment she realised what was happening, she began to struggle fiercely...
"What are you doing? Let go, let go of me..."
In truth, Lin Datong had long harboured lustful thoughts about Li Li. Although he and his older brother, Lin Datong, looked exactly the same, Li Li had always been close only to his brother since childhood, and later, she even married him. For as long as they had lived, the two brothers had shared a single identity, so if his brother had married Li Li, it meant he could never openly marry or have children himself. Every time he saw Li Li and his brother being affectionate, it made his teeth ache with jealousy.
That night, Lin Datong had drunk heavily. Coupled with the vile thoughts he had repressed for years, the moment he had a woman in his arms, he lost all self-control. He spewed vile, filthy words: "Datong's not back yet, keep me company for a bit, just a bit, let me touch you."
"Get off, let go, let go!"
"I'm better than Datong, Li Li, be with me instead..."
As he spoke, Lin Datong grabbed her chest with one hand and tore at her clothes with the other. After hiding and living in the shadows for over thirty years, Lin Datong finally snapped. And the thing that truly pushed him over the edge wasn't the alcohol, it was the accumulation of lust and wickedness festering inside him all along.
"You filthy bitch, don't give me that fucking act, you aren't exactly shy when you are in bed with Datong, are you? So what's wrong with having sex with me?"
As he said this, he yanked Li Li's pants down in one go... Just as he was unzipping his own, a sudden kick came hard from behind, sending him staggering. At that moment, Li Li managed to break free and scrambled back, pressing herself against the edge of the sink. Lin Datong, thrown off balance, crashed to the floor.
"Lin Datong! You beast, what are you doing?!"
The voice of the older Lin Datong came from behind. At that moment, Qi Qi came running out of his room and burst into tears at the sight before him. Li Li hurriedly pulled her clothes together and rushed to Qi Qi, wrapping him tightly in her arms as she sobbed.
"Take the child back inside."
Just as Lin Datong finished speaking, the man on the floor suddenly grabbed up the fruit knife lying nearby, leapt to his feet, and lunged directly at Lin Datong. In a panic, Li Li got up and carried Lin Qi back into the room, while the two men in the kitchen were locked in a violent scuffle, curses flying back and forth... That was where Li Li's recollection stopped.
Cui Jingfeng followed up with a question: "And then?"
"Then I stayed with Qi Qi in the room, trying to calm him down, all the while worrying whether Datong had been hurt. Once Qi Qi fell asleep, I went back to the kitchen and found Datong sitting on the floor. There was a knife beside him, and... there was blood on it. I looked over and saw that bastard lying on the floor, completely motionless."
Cui Jingfeng asked, "What about the fatal stab to Lin Datong's chest?"
Li Li continued, "We both thought that bastard was already dead. Datong told me to go back and stay with Qi Qi while he went to get a bag to wrap the body in, he planned to dump it in the river while it was still dark. I saw that Qi Qi was still asleep, so I went out again to check... and I realised that bastard wasn't dead, his foot was still moving. I was so frightened I didn't think, I just picked up the knife from the floor and stabbed it straight into his chest... When I saw him take his final breath, I realised that the bastard was killed by me..."
As she finished speaking, Li Li buried her face deeply in her hands.
‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵
Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter
Translator Notes
Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.
Translated: July 2, 2025 by Angel
Edited: August 21, 2026 by Angel
Comments
Post a Comment
Let me know what you guys think about this chapter! I love to hear all of your comments.
Be sure to check back, as I always try my best to respond to every comment I receive!