Exclusive Model for the Top Painter Chapter 87

Delivering all the Trust


The investigation against Tian Han lasted for two weeks, and after the two weeks, there was a huge reversal in the case.

As the leading company in the fashion and art industry, Tian Han had not violated any regulations, but had instead been highly recognised by the relevant authorities in terms of paying taxes and setting industry norms.

Due to the additional materials and detailed evidence of guilt submitted by Ji Xiuyuan, Ji Wenbin was jailed, pulling out the carrot and bringing out the mud, along with a group of insiders who betrayed Tian Han, all of whom were subjected to the relevant legal sanctions.

After Tian Han regained its normal order, those who rushed to terminate the contract before were full of regret.

The manager of the human resources department asked Wen Di about how the people who terminated their contracts would be dealt with if they wanted to come back.

Wen Di smiled and said: "What? You can come when you want to come and go when you want to go? Is Tian Han their home?"

"But among these people, there are some with pretty good performance?"

Wen Di pushed up his glasses, "Performance ability can be cultivated, but character can't. Give me ten newcomers, and within no more than five years, Tian Han will be able to raise them to become ten hot shots in the industry. For those who immediately run away when they encounter a bit of wind and waves, I can only say that Tian Han's destiny with them is over."

After the storm, a drastic reform was carried out within the board of directors, completely eliminating those shameless people with ambiguous attitudes and two-facedness.

In terms of the ownership structure, it was even more of a sudden change.

Ji Xiuyuan directly transferred 79% of the shares to Liang Jin, holding only a symbolic 1% of the shares.

Of the remaining 20%, Wen Di accounted for 10%, and all other shareholders shared the last 10%.

Overnight, Liang Jin suddenly became the actual controller and largest shareholder of Tian Han, but he himself did not know.

He came to work as usual on this day, and found that the way everyone in the company was looking at him was not quite right.

In the past, there was always a bit of gossip and prying, but now there was also blatant envy and an indescribable respect...

Jealousy and hatred were absent, because it was spread throughout the company that Liang Jin had taken the initiative to sell himself to the company when everyone thought that Tian Han was going to go out of business. This kind of dedication of sacrificing oneself without expecting anything in return, even Wen Di was willing to bow down.

As a result, the rumours of Liang Jin in the company's gossip department spawned countless other touching dramas.

Even the head of Tian Han's employee culture department shed tears of emotion when he heard about it.

Liang Jin was in the corridor leading to the elevator when he ran into two young ladies with documents, and it was unknown who shouted, "Director Liang, good morning."

Liang Jin was so scared that he almost crashed into the transparent glass next to him, "Ah? Good morning. But you seem to recognise the wrong person, right? I'm just a part-time worker..."

The young lady smiled without saying anything, leaving Liang Jin with a whole face full of question marks.

Until he bumped into Wen Di and talked to him about this matter. Wen Di looked at him suspiciously, "You don't know about the changes in the board of directors?"

"What changes?"

"Director Ji didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

Wen Di opened a certain file, and inside was Tian Han Group's latest board of directors' equity allocation package.

Liang Jin looked at his name in the first line and gulped nervously, "Is today April Fool's Day?"

Wen Di purposely looked at the calendar, "No, but it's almost New Year's Eve."

"Are you joking with me?"

"Do I look like I'm joking?"

"How come I'm at the top while my Yuan Yuan is far behind?"

"Director Ji transferred all of his equity to you," Wen Di said helplessly, "You guys are really mushy, this sending me around, feeding me dog food as much as you can."

"How come I'm at the top now?"

"Yes," Wen Di teased, "congratulations, Director Liang."

"Ah ah ah don't call me that, I'll go talk to Ji Shen later and change it back."

"Don't change it!!!" Wen Di growled, "Do you know how troublesome it is to change the equity? With this light sentence of yours, I will have to work until dawn to produce the materials!!!"

When Liang Jin and Ji Xiuyuan talked about this, the latter looked like it was a matter of course, "Xiao Jin, generally speaking, after getting married, the financial power of the family is handed over to the wife, it's normal."

"Yuan Yuan, I'm your husband!!!"

"Good boy, it's all the same."

"From now on, all of Tian Han's money will be my money?"

"Mhmm, like it?"

"Who doesn't like money? But I like Yuan Yuan more."

"How much do you like me?"

"More than I like money, what do you think?"

"Xiao Jin, it's New Year's Eve soon, you promised me."

Liang Jin suddenly had an ominous premonition, "Wh... what? I don't remember."

"You said that we wouldn't go anywhere this year, that we'd be at home, just us."

"Oh, I think I said that."

"You also said that you're going to play with Legos, watch a three hour film, and make love with me."

Liang Jin's face flushed red, "Got it! Shut up!!!"

New Year's Eve.

The long curtains hung down to the floor, blocking out the fireworks and neon all night long.

The living room had warm coloured lights on, and it was very dark, with some unique romance and affection.

Liang Jin sat on the floor, looking for a movie in a box full of DVDs, accompanied by Amber, who was wagging its tail curiously.

Ji Xiuyuan leaned over and rubbed his hair, "Xiao Jin, no need to look, let's watch this?"

Liang Jin raised his eyes and saw the DVD in Ji Xiuyuan's hand, and asked, "What film is this?"

"Si Qing Ru Xia."

"Oh, why does this name sound so familiar?"

Ji Xiuyuan helplessly sighed softly, "Xiao Jin, I'm curious, what have you used your memory for?"

Liang Jin snapped out of it like, "This is the film I filmed before?"

"Mhmm."

"Don't watch it!!! So embarrassing!!!"

Due to his height disadvantage, he simply couldn't snatch it from Ji Xiuyuan, who completely ignored his objections and put the disk into the projector.

On the screen was a bright summer day, and Liang Jin's youthful face appeared.

Ji Xiuyuan seriously admired it, "Yao Yin has good taste, the cinematography is very good."

"Is it? How can you tell?"

"Because, just watching the first shot of you, I had a reaction."

"??? Can you be serious?"

"I'm just confessing my true viewing experience."

The two of them snuggled up on the sofa, and as the plot of the film progressed, Ji Xiuyuan said in dissatisfaction, "Xiao Jin, you shouldn't act in films in the future."

"Why?"

"I'm jealous of you looking at her like that."

Liang Jin really couldn't laugh or cry, and had to coax him, "Yuan Yuan, isn't that just for filming?"

"Not even for filming."

"Ji Shen, I swear to God, when I was shooting this film, all I could think about was you!!! We weren't together at that time, I loved you so much, I dreamt of you!!!"

"Xiao Jin, how are you going to make it up to me?"

"You're not happy? How about we stop watching?"

"No, we have to watch it."

"Then what do you want?"

"We can watch it while we make love."

———

The day before New Year's Eve, Ruan Jun hesitated for a long time and finally plucked up the courage to ask Yu Shan in a feigned casual manner, "Brother Yu, when are you going home for New Year's Eve?"

Because he worked too hard during this period of time, Yu Shan was sitting in the passenger side dozing off, his voice lazy: "I won't go home."

Obviously surprised, Ruan Jun still pretended to be calm and said, "Why? Wouldn't it be nice to go home for a reunion? I remember Brother Yu is not from A City?"

"What other reason can there be, pandemic control! From A City to my house, I have to be quarantined for fourteen days, and I have to be quarantined for another fourteen days when I come back, it's too much of a delay, so I simply won't go back."

"Great!" Ruan Jun couldn't help but shout out in a low voice, and then immediately apologised, "I'm sorry Brother Yu, what I meant was that I'm happy that you can stay in A City."

"Fool, what's the point of being blindly happy? In the New Year, how can you stick to me and not go home?"

"Of course I can, I'll just make up any reason." Ruan Jun's tone was full of excitement, "Brother Yu, do you have a date on New Year's Eve? I want to spend it with you."

"Okay," Yu Shan glanced at his mobile phone, "around 7 p.m., I should be done with my work."

"Mhmm, then I'll come pick you up then."

On the morning of New Year's Eve, Ruan Jun personally tidied up the entire house. Then he ran downstairs in a frenzy and asked the housekeeper, "Where are the posters and artefacts of Brother Yu that I collected before?"

The housekeeper asked rhetorically, "Mr. Ruan, don't you remember? Not long ago you instructed me to throw them away."

"Did you throw them away when I told you to???"

"Mr. Ruan, I specifically confirmed at the time that you did instruct me to do so."

"I was out of my mind at the time, you didn't see that???"

"I'm sorry Mr. Ruan, healthcare isn't really my area of expertise."

"I'm really going to be pissed off at you!!! Where did you throw it? Is there any chance of getting it back now?"

The housekeeper shook his head gently and sighed, "Have you really thought this through?"

"What?"

"Choosing him even though he hurt you once?"

"Yes. If life is a film, then only Brother Yu is the eternal theme of my life."

The housekeeper took out a set of keys from his pocket, "I see, Mr. Ruan, please come with me."

"Where?"

"I didn't throw the things away, but put them in the storage room."

Ruan Jun was practically crying with joy, "Uncle Zhang, you're really wonderful!"

The housekeeper sighed once again and said, "You are the one I watched grow up, what kind of temperament you have, am I still not familiar with it?"

When Ruan Jun saw his pile of treasures, he immediately bloomed into a radiant smile, "Thank you, Uncle Zhang!"

He carried the box back upstairs to his bedroom and rearranged it back to its original position.

Row by row, it was filled with everything about Yu Shan.

Posters, photo albums, dolls, CDs, ticket stubs, postcards...

Every single one of them was like a family treasure, and every single one of them was filled with his thoughts and obsessions day and night.

Ruan Jun looked at his watch, it was now eleven ten in the morning.

In less than eight hours, he would be able to meet Brother Yu.

It would be time to bring him home and show him his kingdom.

This was a sentiment born just for him, just like this blazing love, from the first moment of being infatuated with him, it would stretch on forever.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: November 7, 2023

Comments