Exclusive Model for the Top Painter Chapter 80

The Choice of Deep Affection


After the closing of Ji Xiuyuan's annual solo exhibition, Tian Han's popularity in the art world skyrocketed, and along with it, the company's stock position was excellent.

After the routine meeting of the board of directors in the afternoon, when Wen Di drove them home, he mentioned in passing: "Director Ji, the company's performance has been too good lately, but I have a sense of crisis. I don't know if it's just me, but there's a company called Qiyi Media that doesn't feel right. There were many people in the boardroom, so I held my tongue."

Ji Xiuyuan opened the document on his tablet and looked at the analysis report for a while, "Their share price has moved too much, and the increase in the past two months has been fierce. It's impossible to do this without an external capital injection, have you checked?"

Wen Di said, "I checked, they have a new American shareholder, the details are not clear yet."

Liang Jin suddenly thought of something: "Qiyi Media? I happened to receive a filming invitation from them! It's an advert for a men's perfume."

Ji Xiuyuan was immediately alert: "Xiao Jin, don't go."

"Are you afraid of encountering the same kind of situation as last time?"

"Mhmm."

"It's not like that, it looks like a serious company."

Ji Xiuyuan considered for a while, "Let Wen Di take you there, remember to bring your positioning earrings, and bring a few bodyguards with you."

Liang Jin vaguely recalled that the previous few bodyguards all had particularly wild histories: there were veterans, American agents and mercenaries who had carried RPGs in Iraq. He helplessly said, "Yuan Yuan, I'm just going to shoot an advert, wouldn't that be a bit too much?"

Ji Xiuyuan solemnly said, "For your safety, nothing is too much."

However, early the next morning, when Liang Jin went out, he was nevertheless shocked by the formation in front of him.

Three identical black business cars were parked in front of the main gate, and beside the cars stood ten uniformly dressed men in black.

Their expressions were cold and unsmiling, with leather boots and sunglasses on their faces; they looked like they were acting in a film, and they were very imposing.

Wen Di suddenly stood in the middle position and helped him open the car door, "You can take this one."

Liang Jin got into the car and took his seat in the back.

Only the sound of neatly opening car doors could be heard, and the ten bodyguards got into their cars respectively.

In Liang Jin's car, apart from him and Wen Di, there were two accompanying bodyguards. He really couldn't help but spit out, "Wen Di ah, Ji Shen, how much money did he have to spend to pull off such a stunt?"

"A lot."

"I'm already regretting it. How many adverts do I have to shoot to earn back this overhead?"

Wen Di said expressionlessly, "The money has been spent, it's too late to regret it now."

Arriving at the Qiyi Media office, Liang Jin got out of the car, and Wen Di instructed him, "After you finish shooting the advert, come straight down, I'll be waiting for you in the parking lot."

Liang Jin curiously said, "Don't you have to work at Tian Han today?"

Wen Di pushed his glasses, "Thanks to someone, guaranteeing your safety while away is Director Ji's highest instruction, I'll be working in the parking lot today."

Liang Jin said guiltily, "I'm sorry Wen Di, I'll treat you to dinner another day."

From the parking lot elevator, he went directly up to the thirteenth floor, the reception hall of Qiyi Media.

Liang Jin came out of the elevator first, followed by two black-clothed bodyguards who accompanied him.

This appearance made the lady at the front desk wary: "Hello sir, may I ask what you're here for?"

Liang Jin hurriedly explained, "Don't get me wrong, I have no other intention, I'm just here to shoot an advert."

As soon as his words fell, the elevator door opened again with a ding.

One after another, the same type of black-clothed men came out, silently standing behind Liang Jin.

The atmosphere of the entire lobby was immediately tense, and the timid ones had already slipped away.

The young lady at the front desk said with trepidation, "This gentleman, if you have something to say, you can say it properly, this is a society under the rule of law."

Liang Jin couldn't laugh and cry, "I'm really just here for a part-time job."

———

As with any company in the past, the filming process went smoothly.

After the work was completed, Liang Jin was invited to the office to discuss the subsequent payment of salary.

The head of the advertising department of Qiyi Media was very professional and polite. At the end of the conversation, he said to Liang Jin, "Mr. Liang, our shareholders are very interested in you and are looking forward to meeting you, what do you think?"

Liang Jin wanted to refuse, but suddenly recalled that Wen Di and Ji Shen seemed to be investigating this company.

If he could meet the shareholders, perhaps he could probe for some useful information?

So he agreed.

The person in charge brought him to another office and personally opened the door for him, "General Manager Ji is waiting for you inside."

General Manager Ji???

This shareholder's surname is also Ji?

It's too much of a coincidence.

Liang Jin entered the office, and in front of him was a man with slightly grey hair, who looked quite old.

His eyes carried a few shades of grey, and he smiled wryly at him, "Mr. Liang, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Liang Jin sat down opposite him, "Hello, may I ask why you are looking for me?"

The man crossed his arms and held his chin, carefully sizing Liang Jin up for a while, then slowly said, "Firstly, I'll introduce myself, I'm Ji Wenbin. Has Mr Liang heard of this name before?"

Liang Jin instantly tensed up, he clearly remembered that Ji Shen's father was named Ji Wenyao. And this person was actually called Ji Wenbin????

He raised his head and carefully sized up Ji Wenbin for a while. Although he didn't look like Ji Shen, he had a slight resemblance to Ji Wenyao's photo!

A guess surfaced in his mind, Liang Jin tentatively asked, "Who are you to Mr. Ji Wenyao?"

As if he hadn't heard this name for a long time, Ji Wenbin revealed a sarcastic smile, "He is my younger brother."

"Blood brother?"

"Blood brother."

"So, you are Ji Xiuyuan's uncle???"

"Yes."

Liang Jin almost jumped up from his chair, "Liar! He never mentioned it to me!"

"More than ten years ago, there was some misunderstanding between Wenyao and I. I went to America after that and never came back. After so many years of living in exile, I'm getting old and want to return to my roots."

Liang Jin subconsciously felt that the situation was not right: "So what are you looking for me for?"

"I don't have any children, and Xiuyuan counts as my only relative." Ji Wenbin changed the subject, stared into Liang Jin's eyes and whispered, "I heard that he married you."

Liang Jin touched the wedding ring he wore on his finger with his fingertips, "That's right."

"What a shame!" Ji Wenbin suddenly increased his volume, "If my good brother knew about this in his grave, I'm afraid he'd be furious and come back to life."

Liang Jin was a little miffed, "This is a private matter between me and him, it has nothing to do with you, does it?"

"Since I've returned from the US, I won't let it go."

"Hey, Mr. Ji Wenbin, you think too highly of yourself, don't you?" Liang Jin stood up in a hurry and looked at him in an unassuming manner, "You're just his uncle, not his father, so what right do you have to meddle in his private life? Even if you were his father, there's nothing you could do. He was abducted by me a long time ago, and we are in love with each other. No one else is qualified to say anything about it, understand?"

Ji Wenbin asked him rhetorically, "How old is Mr. Liang, you shouldn't be more than twenty-five, right?"

"What, are you jealous of my youth?"

"It's true that young people don't look far enough ahead." Ji Wenbin knocked on the desktop, "So what if he likes you now? Feelings change. Tian Han was founded by Wenyao and I. I'm glad that Xiuyuan is managing it well now. I will never allow it to be cut off in Xiuyuan's generation. He must marry and have children. Therefore, you must leave."

"If you want to have children so badly, you can have them yourself, Uncle Ji."

"Young man, I won't speak glibly with you, think about it yourself." Ji Wenbin softened his tone, "Although Xiuyuan is now estranged from me, he is ultimately my nephew, and you are an outsider. It won't be long before I return to Tian Han. All the things I want will be realised one by one."

He gave Liang Jin a meaningful smile, "When the time comes, you will leave of your own accord without me reminding you."

"That's impossible." Liang Jin pulled open the office door, "I'm not in the mood to say these boring words to you, I won't see you again, Uncle Ji."

Back in the underground parking lot, Wen Di noticed Liang Jin's poor state and asked him, "What's wrong? The filming didn't go well?"

Liang Jin hadn't thought about what to say about Ji Wenbin, so he asked in a different way, "Wen Di, if he hadn't met me, would Ji Shen have been able to get married and have children like a normal person?"

"What are you thinking about this for?"

"Nothing, I'm just thinking."

"Not necessarily, he wasn't a normal person in the first place."

"Hey, don't say anything bad about my Yuan Yuan!"

"You're the one who asked me."

"How is he not normal? Was he crooked to begin with? It can't be?"

"That's not it. Before he met you, Director Ji hadn't shown any interest in emotions, regardless of gender. At that time, I even suspected that he was asexual."

"Then, if one day we are no longer together, he should be able to..."

"Liang Jin, what are you thinking???" Wen Di said in a rare emotional moment, "Do you remember that I told you that no matter what happens, you must never mention breaking up with him? At that time, if you had broken up with him, it was still possible for him to carry on. But now, he already sees you as everything. You wouldn't want to pat your bum and walk away now, would you?"

Liang Jin immediately retorted, "How is that possible!!! I'm just envisioning it."

"Envisioning is not allowed either!" Wen Di said with a straight face, "For the sake of Tian Han, I beg you, don't leave him. Even if Mars hits the earth and humanity is going to be extinct the next day, you have to lock yourself up with him!"

"Alright, I got it!"

At night, after bathing, Liang Jin lay beside Ji Xiuyuan.

He said to Ji Xiuyuan, "Ji Shen, I met Ji Wenbin at Qiyi Media today."

Hearing this name, Ji Xiuyuan frowned, "He came back from the US?"

"Mhmm. Ji Shen, he's so scary, he wants me to leave you."

Ji Xiuyuan tightened his arms around his waist, "Don't mind him, he's just a crazy person."

Liang Jin whispered in his ear, "Ji Shen, he seems to be brewing some kind of plot. It's probably aimed at Tian Han, you have to be careful."

"Okay."

"Ji Shen, I really love you." Liang Jin hugged his neck, "I've decided that no matter what happens in the future, I will never separate from you. Even if you drive me away, I won't leave!"

Ji Xiuyuan kissed him on the lips, "I love you too, Xiao Jin, love you very much."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

The big bad wolf has shown himself.

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: November 4, 2023

Comments