Exclusive Model for the Top Painter Chapter 59

Passion at the Audition Site


What Liang Jin didn't expect was that something even more outrageous was yet to come.

After the audition was completed, Liang Jin left the audition room and sat down in the hall, waiting for his Ji Shen.

As an internationally renowned artist, Ji Xiuyuan was specially invited by A City's Department of Culture and Publicity to serve as the artistic advisor for the promotional film. He was also invited to participate in the casting, giving relevant professional advice from an artistic perspective.

The directing team didn't look for a needle in a haystack, but only sent audition invitations to a few people after a focused discussion.

Based on the number of candidates, it was estimated that the entire casting process could be completed in one morning.

Just as he was planning to start a game to kill time, Yu Shan's beaten voice came into his ear, "Yo, Liang Jin. What's up? The TV series just wrapped up and you're so impatient to create an opportunity to meet with me? You still say that you have no interest in me, are you trying to catch me?"

Liang Jin couldn't laugh or cry, "Emperor Yu, with this level of imagination, it's a pity that you aren't working as a screenwriter. I came to the audition because I received an invitation from the Department of Culture and Publicity, I didn't even know that you would show up here, okay?"

"No fun, can't you coax me?"

"Emperor Yu, why would I want to coax you? If you want to hear sweet words, go to your fans, they will surely make you happy."

"All the fans see is my persona, they don't know the real me."

"I think Ruan Jun knows you quite well, ask him to coax you."

"Liang Jin, why do you keep mentioning him to me lately? Are you jealous?"

Liang Jin was outright speechless: "... You're really good at creating something out of nothing, just say whatever you want."

"Aren't you curious about what I'm doing here?"

"I've already accepted that the entertainment circle has been contracted by you." Liang Jin said frankly, "So no matter where I see you, I won't be surprised."

"Aren't you afraid that I'm your competitor?"

"How could that be? You're an honourable film star, would you still come to compete with small fry like us for audition opportunities?"

Yu Shan could finally hear a pleasant sentence, and the corners of his mouth immediately turned up, "You know your place."

"So what are you here to do?"

"I'll be making a cameo appearance in the promotional film, and acting as an acting coach in the meantime. I came over today to sign the contract."

"Oh."

"Liang Jin, I want to ask you a question."

"Say it."

"If, I'm willing to change my flirtatious ways and only like you, will you consider me?"

When Yu Shan said this, Ruan Jun happened to come out of the office with the documents and silently walked behind him.

"Emperor Yu, if you really want to settle down, naturally a bunch of people will throw themselves at you, why are you always focusing on me?"

"I don't know, it's just an obsession."

"Then you're hopeless, it's impossible for us."

"There's really no chance at all?"

"No." Liang Jin said, "Don't say such things anymore."

Yu Shan seemed disappointed, and there was even a hint of grievance and resentment in the bottom of his eyes. He put his sunglasses on the bridge of his nose, and angrily headed out the door.

Ruan Jun followed him and got into the car with him.

Yu Shan sat on his luxurious leather seat sulking, but Ruan Jun still had to ask him, "Brother Yu, what you said before, is it true?"

"What?"

"That is, you will change your flirtatious ways and only like..."

"I take it back!" Yu Shan said in a cynical tone, "Just think of it as me being momentarily possessed. The entertainment industry is filled with so many handsome men and women, as long as I'm happy, what's wrong with changing them every day?"

"Brother Yu, like this, can you really be happy?"

"Ruan Jun, don't worry about things that don't concern you."

"But Brother Yu is my everything, everything about you is my area of concern."

Yu Shan suddenly thought of an interesting image, he hooked Ruan Jun's collar, "You said, you're my fan?"

"Mhmm."

"How many years have you liked me?"

"Since middle school."

"What do you like about me?"

"I love everything about Brother Yu." Ruan Jun's tone was full of longing, "Since your first television drama, I've followed all of your works, including variety shows and interviews, and even fanfiction clips."

"But those are all fake. On screen, I was just playing roles. On variety shows, I'm just creating a persona as well. You've been an assistant for a while now, right? What, haven't you broken your fan filter yet?"

"At first, it did bother me." Some confusion swept across the bottom of Ruan Jun's eyes, but it was quickly replaced by a more enthusiastic firmness, "But then I realised that this happens to represent that what I've seen is the truest Brother Yu. Therefore, I will only cherish it even more."

"Cherish what?"

"Cherish the Brother Yu that only I understand."

Yu Shan laughed softly, "Interesting, do you want to know me a little better?"

Ruan Jun instantly froze, "Brother Yu... what do you mean?"

Yu Shan whispered in his ear, "I'll see you tonight."

"Brother Yu?"

"Ten o'clock, if you don't come I'll find someone else."

Ruan Jun immediately said, "No... don't find someone else, I... I'll be there at six."

———

A City Radio Station audition hall.

Not long after Yu Shan left, Shu Yue suddenly popped out again and said to Liang Jin in an excited tone, "Brother! I've gotten the internship as an assistant music planner for the promotional film!!!"

Liang Jin asked, "Aren't you interning at Zhou Hai's office?"

Shu Yue smiled radiantly, "My contract with him has expired, I've finally regained my freedom!"

"Congratulations."

Shu Yue put his guitar on his lap and casually plucked a few out-of-tune syllables, "Brother, I've already decided that after I graduate in July, I'll devote myself to managing the band and chasing my dreams."

"Will your parents agree?"

Shu Yue's gaze was firm, "Whether they agree or not, I will insist. Brother, you will support me right?"

Liang Jin patted his shoulder, "Can I not support you? With your professional level of being the number one in the whole school in terms of failing subjects, isn't engaging in finance the same as harming people?"

"Brother!!! Can't you say something good?"

"Anyway, I'll try my best to help you."

"Thanks Brother!!! I'll go first, the rest of the band is still waiting for me outside."

"Mhmm."

Liang Jin looked at the time, it was already 11:45.

Logically, the audition should be over, why hasn't he seen Ji Shen yet?

Just as he was looking towards the audition room, he heard someone call out to him, and the voice was somewhat familiar.

"A'Liang??? I really didn't expect to meet you here, you're here for the audition too?"

The person in front of him was a sweet and lovely looking girl, Liang Jin looked at her and felt that she looked very familiar.

But didn't he hit his head before? He really couldn't think of it for a moment.

Seeing his blank look, Liu Qinqin teased, "No? It's only been two years since we've seen each other, and you've completely forgotten about me? Back then, when I first broke up with you, I was sad for three whole days and three nights!"

Liang Jin's mind was struck by a bolt from the blue, this is his ex-girlfriend Liu Qinqin!

He immediately looked around sheepishly, hating the fact that Ji Xiuyuan was in a meeting for another two hours.

Mustn't, mustn't show up at this time!

Liu Qinqin continued, "But don't worry, I've long since stepped over this hurdle now. Although we were together for less than three months, in all honesty, your character is quite good. Do you know why I broke up with you back then?"

Liang Jin really didn't want to know, he just wanted to find an excuse to end the conversation immediately.

But Liu Qinqin was a chatterbox, even if Liang Jin didn't pay attention to her, she could keep talking to herself, "Because you're too straight! Girls in love need to be carefully cared for, you simply didn't understand my heart and didn't notice those little emotions of mine. At that time, I said that breaking up was the last test, I did not expect that you would immediately agree. I'm curious as to whether or not there's anyone who can tolerate someone with nerves like yours..."

Halfway through her sentence, she inadvertently saw the wedding ring Liang Jin was wearing on his hand, and instantly covered her mouth in surprise: "Oh my god! You actually got married??"

Liang Jin smiled, "Yes. I'm sorry to say that someone is not only tolerant of me, but also exceptionally understanding, so we couldn't wait to get our licence."

"Honestly, I'm a little jealous!" Liu Qinqin sighed, "Actually, I quite like you, if I didn't miss out back then, maybe the one who married you would be me."

A low voice suddenly rang in his ears, "Xiao Jin, who is this?"

Liang Jin was immediately scared out of his wits, "Ah, Ji Shen!!!! Your work is finished?"

Ji Xiuyuan stared at him with a scrutinising gaze, "Mhmm, is she your friend?"

Liang Jin cleared his throat, "Miss Liu Qinqin, my university classmate, also a model."

Ji Xiuyuan held Liang Jin's hand and smiled gently, "Hello Miss Liu, I'm Xiao Jin's husband."

Liu Qinqin looked like she was overly shocked, and her three views were shattered, "A'Liang, you can actually bend?"

"I think you're a little offended," Liang Jin said, "Why can't I bend?"

Liu Qinqin was dumbfounded, "Right, right, right, it's me who has a small mind."

Ji Xiuyuan's line of sight fell on her, it was light, but inexplicably made her feel scared, "Miss Liu and Xiao Jin, seem to be very familiar?"

With sweaty palms, Liang Jin interjected, "Not particularly familiar."

Liu Qinqin smelled danger and immediately excused herself, "In fact, it can be said that we are not familiar at all and have no friendship. I suddenly remember that I have something else to do, so I'll leave first. I wish the two of you a love that is stronger than gold, that you will grow old together, respect each other, and give birth to a precious son quickly~"

Was she serious about those last seven words?

Liang Jin had just breathed a sigh of relief, but when he raised his eyes, he met Ji Xiuyuan's jealous eyes.

He gulped, "Ji Shen, are you unhappy?"

"Mhmm."

"Why?"

"What do you think?"

"I can't tell."

"She's your ex-girlfriend."

"... Yes."

"Xiao Jin, did you and her?"

"No no no no!" Liang Jin said, "I swear to God! Nothing happened! I'm a good Chinese man with a strict family upbringing, good morals, keep my duty, see no evil, hear no evil! I didn't even dare to touch her hand! So after a short time, she broke up with me!"

"But I'm jealous, you have to make it up to me."

"Okay! How do you want me to make up for it?"

"I want you to actively crave me, to whimper beneath me, to call my name, to be made to cry by me... to rise and fall with my rhythms, to confess your love to me, to pour it out, and... no matter how long it takes, never cry out to stop without my permission."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: August 7, 2023

Comments