Exclusive Model for the Top Painter Chapter 34

Temptation of Intention to Marry


Liang Jin didn't know how he could tell: "Emperor Yu, this is my personal matter."

But Yu Shan ignored his warning, "Your girlfriend is quite fierce."

Liang Jin's face reddened, "What nonsense are you spouting, please watch your words."

Yu Shan raised his eyebrows and pointed at his neck, "The marks here, you can't even cover them up. Tsk, there's one on the back too, it seems like, it was pretty intense last night?"

Liang Jin felt extremely embarrassed, "I don't want to discuss this with you, please move aside."

Yu Shan deliberately blocked his way: "You're blushing just like that? How can you be in the entertainment industry in the future if you're so thin-skinned?"

"I don't need to be in the entertainment industry," Liang Jin looked up at him, "my main profession is modelling, not acting."

"You're a good actor, you're not considering developing as an actor?"

"My goal now is just to finish this job seriously, I haven't thought about anything else."

Yu Shan suddenly moved closer to Liang Jin: "If you want to, I can help you. But, naturally, there are conditions." He straightened Liang Jin's collar to cover the traces that were exposed, and whispered, "If you can please me, I will support you."

Liang Jin was stunned, had he come across an unspoken rule?

So blatant and explicit without any hesitation?

He looked at Yu Shan incredulously, "Emperor Yu, look carefully, I am a man."

Yu Shan's peach blossom eyes were gleaming with interest, "I don't mind."

Liang Jin was speechless, "I do mind, I already have a family."

"So what?" Yu Shan was still looking at him with a smile, "I said I don't mind."

Liang Jin was shocked by the man's shamelessness, "Emperor Yu, are you starving for food?"

"How could that be, I'm very picky, ordinary people really don't catch my eye." Yu Shan looked at him confidently, "So, it's an honour for you to be in my good graces."

Liang Jin rubbed his temples, "There's a limit to joking around, I have someone I like, stop telling me such nonsense."

Yu Shan said, "Feelings can change, try it with me, maybe you'll like me."

"That's not possible," Liang Jin's patience had reached its limit: "stay away from me or else..."

"Or else what?"

Liang Jin looked at him with a smirk, "Or I'll beat you up."

Yu Shan was frozen in place, after so many years in the circle, it was the first time he was threatened with violence.

How could this Liang Jin not play by the rules?

But as a superstar actor, he couldn't lose his swagger!

Yu Shan, who was a little taller than Liang Jin, said with certainty, "You can't beat me."

Liang Jin walked past him and said lightly, "I'm a black belt in Taekwondo."

The expression on Yu Shan's beautiful face stiffened for a brief moment: "Let's just use our words, a gentleman moves his mouth, not his hands."

In the afternoon's scene, Quan Cheng finds out that Luo Zhou is a scumbag who has been sleeping around and is with multiple people at the same time. So he gives the evidence to Xia Qing, who breaks up with Luo Zhou. Luo Zhou bribes a gangster to find Quan Cheng and try to teach him a lesson, but he gets beaten up instead. It is also because of this fight that Quan Cheng's identity as a professional killer is revealed, setting the stage for the tragedy that follows.

There are several fights in this scene, and Yao Yin was very demanding about the quality of the film, not allowing the use of any stunt doubles or special effects and striving for a realistic sense of fist-to-fist combat.

They expected Liang Jin to NG many times, but he happened to have a background in taekwondo and was so comfortable in the martial arts scenes that even the martial arts instructor could not help but praise him frequently.

Yao Yin exclaimed, "I really picked the right guy for this role, I have a good eye."

Yu Shan's expression changed, "I think he has violent tendencies."

Yao Yin advised him, "You'd better not mess with him, A'Liang and you are not on the same path."

Yu Shan smiled, "That's just my temper, the more I'm not allowed to do something, the more I want to do it."

———

The following morning, the opening ceremony of the special painting exhibition [Liao Zhai - Misty Dreams] was held in A City.

Over the next three months, the paintings will travel to Paris, London, Florence, New York, Madrid and Tokyo for exhibition.

The opening ceremony invited artists and literary celebrities from all over the world, and Ji Xiuyuan's popularity and influence in the international painting world reached a new level.

"Mr. Ji, I am surprised at your fabulous masterpiece. I mean, that's really impressive. I didn't know that you could even handle an amazing topic such as authentic Oriental Art!" An old, grey-haired, western man complimented with enthusiasm: "So beautiful, beyond what words can express!"

Ji Xiuyuan smiled at him, "Want to know the secret behind all these?"

"You have a secret! Haha!" Joseph exclaimed, "Tell me, please!"

Ji Xiuyuan whispered, "I fell in love with my muse."

Joseph opened his eyes wide in surprise, "The one in your paintings?"

Ji Xiuyuan nodded, "The soul of my heart."

Joseph asked, "Where is he? I want to meet him, can I?"

Ji Xiuyuan brought Joseph to Liang Jin, who was sitting in the corner and concentrating on his game. Who asked for so many foreigners to be in the venue? His basic English could not handle it.

Ji Xiuyuan rubbed his hair, "Xiao Jin, this is Mr. Joseph."

Liang Jin put his phone away, and when he looked up, he saw an old foreign man with a face full of folds, smiling at him benevolently: "Morning, young gentleman."

Liang Jin got a headache when he heard the English: "Hi, no English, no English."

Ji Xiuyuan leaned down next to his ear and said, "Didn't you pass sixth grade? Hmm?"

"It's useless even if you've passed tenth grade!" Liang Jin was indignant: "Their way of speaking is completely different from the textbooks! Besides, with all those alliterations and swallowed sounds, I can't understand it at all."

Ji Xiuyuan introduced, "Joseph is an art researcher at the British Museum and is very interested in Eastern art."

"Mhmm mhmm, you guys talk, leave me alone in peace."

Joseph and Ji Xiuyuan jabbered on for a while longer before Ji Xiuyuan took Liang Jin's hand and pulled him up from his seat, "Mr. Joseph likes you a lot, come with me to meet the others?"

"Ah, what if they talk to me?"

Ji Xiuyuan whispered, "I'll answer some necessary questions for you, for the rest, you just need to say yes or okay."

"Oh."

Liang Jin was led by Ji Xiuyuan into the midst of a group of international artists. The gossipy nature of people knows no borders, and watching their fingers interlocked inevitably led to some teasing.

A pretty blonde artist said to Liang Jin, "Wow, a cute boy! Are you two married?"

She spoke so fast that Liang Jin didn't understand her at all. Seeing that Ji Xiuyuan did not respond, thinking about what he had explained to him, he smoothly said, "Yes."

Ji Xiuyuan's eyes lit up, and a light smile curled around his lips.

The blonde beauty wondered, "Where's your ring?"

Ji Xiuyuan: "We've decided to get married, but we haven't held the wedding yet."

The blonde beauty took the lead and there was loud applause and a burst of well wishes all around.

Liang Jin was completely unaware of what was happening and looked puzzled.

The blonde beauty winked at Liang Jin, "Remember to invite me to your wedding!"

Liang Jin looked at Ji Xiuyuan and saw that he didn't answer, so he said, "Okay.

The conversation went on in such a happy manner, and Liang Jin was completely unaware that he had sold himself.

During the lunch break, the more he thought about it, the more Liang Jin felt that something was wrong.

He asked Ji Xiuyuan, "Ji Shen, what exactly did you guys talk about this morning? They seemed very excited."

Ji Xiuyuan: "It's nothing, they are rather outgoing, and they are easily excited."

Liang Jin said, "I keep feeling that something is not right, are you setting me up?"

Ji Xiuyuan looked at him woundedly, "Xiao Jin, am I such a person in your heart?"

"Ah! I remember, I think she said 'married', doesn't 'married' mean married?"

"Mhmm, then you answered yes."

"Ji Shen!!! Is it fun to play with your words? You're just bullying me for not understanding!"

Ji Xiuyuan took his hand in his own, "Xiao Jin, what if I'm not joking?"

Liang Jin's heart skipped a beat, what did Ji Shen mean, get married?

They hadn't even been together for a month, right? This progress, it was faster than a rocket!!!

Ji Xiuyuan kissed him on the lips, "Okay, seeing how frightened you look, how about we talk about this later?"

"Oh... okay."

Liang Jin agreed on the surface, but his heart couldn't calm down for a long time.

Getting married to Ji Shen, just thinking about it made him so happy that he was suffocating.

———

After the opening of the exhibition, and as the global tour progressed, Liang Jin's popularity in the domestic and international modelling world continued to rise.

To his complete surprise, he received an offer to be a print model for the Italian luxury clothing brand Gucci.

Although he was only modelling for the Chinese region, this could be considered a milestone in Liang Jin's career!

When the exhibition was in Paris, Ji Xiuyuan went there on a business trip.

Although it was only a short week, Liang Jin truly experienced what 'a day of separation is like three years apart' really meant.

He also truly experienced 'a small farewell is better than a new marriage'.

The night Ji Xiuyuan returned from his business trip, the two of them stayed up almost all night. When Liang Jin went to shoot the film the next day, he was ridiculed by Yu Shan.

In Paris, Ji Xiuyuan received an invitation from the Louvre Art Group to create a series of paintings on the theme of 'Enlightenment'.

As a result, Liang Jin's schedule was packed to the brim, with almost no weekends or time off.

In addition to working with Ji Xiuyuan on his paintings, he also has to go to the film set to be squeezed by Yao Yin, and now he is even working on a print model shoot, often working overtime until the early hours of the morning.

While Ji Xiuyuan felt distressed, Liang Jin was happy to do this.

He always felt that Ji Shen was too good, so he had to become better himself.

Only then would he be qualified to stand by his side.

Only then would he be worthy of him, to be hand in hand with the promise of a lifetime.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Hello! With Arc 2 completed, the first EPUB file for this novel will be released to my Discord. I plan to release three files in total; one for arcs 1 and 2, one for arcs 3 and 4, and one for arcs 5, 6, and 7 as well as the extra chapters.

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: June 8, 2023

Comments