The Chief Conductor's Strange Lover Extra

Character Interview No. 4


Welcome to the fourth instalment of character interviews, I'm your host, Yi Xi, and it's great to see you all again!

Today's instalment is a little different from the previous three, as the theme is based around attribute rankings, so look forward to it!

We'll start with the [Money Rankings]!

[Money Ranking]

Rank 1: Ji Xiuyuan (Rich Capitalist)

Rank 2: Shu Jingzhi (Charges by the second for appearances)

Rank 3: Ou Tingyun (An attending physician who earns a million dollars a year)

Rank 4: Yi Zhize (An elite lawyer who earns a million dollars a year)

Rank 5: Han Yi (Genius writer who earns a fortune)

Rank 6: Lin Fei (Professor at a middle-class university)

Rank 7: Liang Jin (A worker in the entertainment industry)

Rank 8: Yi Xi (Has a room in Shudan)

Rank 9: Ying Ruoyun (No money)

[Ying Ruoyun left the broadcast room]

[User 'Shu Jingzhi' transferred 9,999,999,999 coins to user 'Ying Ruoyun']

[Ying Ruoyun entered the broadcast room]

Liang Jin: @JiXiuyuan, no way! I want it too!

Ji Xiuyuan: Xiao Jin, I'll buy Shudan and give it to you later.

Liang Jin: What's the use of Shudan, I don't want it, I just want money.

Yi Xi: Can you give it to me if you don't want it?

Ying Ruoyun: Xi Xi, why do you have a room in Shudan?

Yi Xi: Because! Shudan makes money and Shudan pays, Yi Xi never goes home!

[Education Ranking]

Rank 1: Lin Fei, Ou Tingyun, Shu Jingzhi (PhD)

Rank 2: Ji Xiuyuan (Honorary Doctorate)

Rank 3: Ying Ruoyun, Yi Zhize (Master's degree)

Rank 4: Yi Xi (Master's degree in progress)

Rank 5: Han Yi (Double Degree in Medicine and Literature)

Rank 6: Liang Jin (Undergraduate)

[Liang Jin left the broadcast room]

Yi Xi: @LiangJin, Xiao Jin, don't run away, you are still alumni with Conductor Shu and Yun Yun!

Liang Jin: Huh? Really? Which college are you from? @YingRuoyun

Ying Ruoyun: School of Music, A City University of the Arts.

Liang Jin: School of Music, that's right next door to me, I'm from the School of Communication. Wait, Ying Ruoyun? I think I've heard of you!!!

Ying Ruoyun: Seriously?

Liang Jin: Legend has it that there is a cute student in the School of Music who defied the world for love, was rejected n times by his god and still had no regrets, and confessed his love passionately at the national competition! I've even bumped up your cp!

Ying Ruoyun: ... Thank you?

Ji Xiuyuan: @LiangJin, Xiao Jin, I want you to confess your love at the Nationals too.

Liang Jin: Impossible!

Ji Xiuyuan: @ShuJingzhi, how did you do it?

Shu Jingzhi (proud): There was no need to do anything, Yun Yun fell in love with me at first sight.

[Affinity Ranking]

Rank 1: Ou Tingyun

Rank 2: Lin Fei

Rank 3: Yi Xi

Rank 4: Liang Jin

Rank 5: Ying Ruoyun

Rank 6: Ji Xiuyuan

Rank 7: Yi Zhize

Rank 8: Han Yi

Rank 9: Shu Jingzhi

Yi Xi: The two teachers are at the top of the list. Mr Ou, I am very sceptical, how did you manage to rank ahead of Professor Lin?

Ou Tingyun (smiling): This is my professionalism as a psychologist. Ze Ze, who is as alert as a kitten and as wary as a hedgehog, was able to drop his guard upon our first meeting, right Ze Ze?

Yi Zhize: Mmm.

Yi Xi: Conductor Shu, you're an instructor in the orchestra, but you're actually at the bottom!

Shu Jingzhi: So what? It's none of my business what other people think, as long as Yun Yun likes me.

[Age Ranking]

Rank 1: Ji Xiuyuan, Shu Jingzhi (Tied for first place)

Rank 3: Ou Tingyun, 28

Rank 4: Lin Fei (Han Yi asked for confidentiality)

Rank 5: Yi Zhize, 25

Rank 6: Liang Jin, 23

Rank 7: Han Yi (Han Yi requested confidentiality)

Rank 8: Yi Xi (When writing the first book)

Rank 9: Ying Ruoyun, 21

Yi Xi: Mr. Ji, Conductor Shu, I have a question, but I don't know if I should ask or not.

Ji Xiuyuan & Shu Jingzhi: Don't ask.

Yi Xi: Oh! Then let me ask another question. How much older than Mr. Han is Professor Lin? I'm just curious.

Han Yi (Eye daggers): Don't be curious!

Yi Xi (Shivering): @LinFei, Professor Lin, your student is being mean to me.

Lin Fei: @HanYi, apologise to Teacher Yi Xi.

Han Yi (Perfunctory): Oh, sorry.

Yi Xi: ? Don't apologise in the future, thank you.

[Cooking Ability Ranking]

Rank 1: Ji Xiuyuan

Rank 2: Shu Jingzhi

Rank 3: Yi Zhize

Rank 4: Han Yi

Rank 5: Ou Tingyun

Rank 6: Lin Fei, Liang Jin, Ying Ruoyun (Tied at the bottom)

Yi Xi: Yun Yun, even Xiao Jin is ahead of you, how poor are your cooking skills!

Ying Ruoyun: Teacher Yi Xi, I heard you don't know how to cook at all?

Yi Xi: ? Don't discuss my personal matters!

Liang Jin: @YiXi, Xi Xi! I'm very good, okay? I was the one who cooked when Ji Shen's hand was injured!

Bo Bo (Liang Jin's cat): Meow meow meow meow (You did very well, but don't do it again.)

Xiao Bai (Ying Ruoyun's cat): Meow meow meow meow (His cooking is definitely not as bad as Yun Yun's)

Milk (Lin Fei's cat): meow meow meow (I invite you to come and try Professor Lin's omelette)

Yi Xi: Ze Ze, why are you the only one who doesn't have a cat?

Ou Tingyun: Because Ze Ze is a cat himself.

Yi Zhize: ?

Yi Xi: Can cats be attracted?

Lin Fei: If Teacher Yi Xi likes it, of course they can.

Ying Ruoyun: Xiao Bai is clingy to me and a little shy with strangers.

Liang Jin (Picking up Bo Bo): I'll lend him to you for a couple of days.

Bo Bo backhanded Liang Jin and then abducted the other two cats and Ze Ze..

The interview was cut short as everyone was busy looking for the cats.

See you next time!

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC |

Translator Notes

And that brings Shu Jingzhi and Ying Ruoyun's story to an end! There are three more bonus chapters, however, the author posted them in both English and Mandarin and they are available for free, so I will not be posting them here. You can find them over on ShuBL.

Some of these characters are probably unfamiliar to you, namely Ji Xiuyuan and Liang Jin from Exclusive Model for the Top Painter which I am currently translating, and Han Yi and Lin Fei from Sonnets to Mister, which I will translate afterwards. And of course, we have our host, Yi Xi, the wonderful author of all these series!

I will be making an EPUB file for The Chief Conductor's Strange Lover which will be available before the end of the month over on my Discord channel.

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: March 30, 2023

Comments