S.C.I Mystery Series Volume 3 Chapter 130

Mad Doctor Murderer 25 – Memories


Chen Keqing mysteriously told Zhan Zhao that everything pointed to – the vengeful Hao Ling.

When Zhan Zhao wanted to ask the reason in detail about what happened on the island back then, Chen Keqing just laughed, "I can only tell you..."

When Zhan Zhao looked at Chen Keqing's expression, he knew that she was prepared.

"I won't leave the police station, it's your responsibility to protect me, besides, I have to remind you of one thing." A bright smile appeared on Chen Keqing's face as she looked at Zhan Zhao, "Everything I have is what should have belonged to me originally, you guys can't charge me. Be good and help me catch that avenger, whether she is Hao Ling or a ghost, I will only remind you that if you don't catch her, you will have more and more trouble, and more and more people will die!"

Zhan Zhao frowned and stared at her for a moment before suddenly standing up and walking to the door.

"Cat?" When Bai Yutang saw that Zhan Zhao's face seemed to have a slightly frightened look on it, he had a hunch that something was wrong.

Zhan Zhao walked out and asked Bai Yutang, "Is there someone protecting Xue Qin?"

"Always." Bai Yutang nodded.

"Call and ask if she is still there." Zhan Zhao was worried.

Not long after, Bai Yutang got through to the police officer on duty and got the news – Xue Qin was still there and was safe.

Zhan Zhao breathed a sigh of relief and looked back at Chen Keqing in the interrogation room.

"Cat, she seems to have a plan."

“En, that's why we can't be too hasty." Zhan Zhao nodded, "Can you check Chen Keqing's family's situation?"

"The family history has something to do with this case?" Bai Yutang frowned, "She seems to have a fairly good family environment, just like Xue Qin and Yu Xiaofeng."

"But there was no indication that there was any family business being undertaken." Jiang Ping ran off to investigate their backgrounds.

At this point, Ma Xin came shuffling out of the forensic room, two sheets of paper in her hand. She was looking at them and comparing them, her brow furrowed, as if she thought something was wrong.

Gongsun knew that she was comparing the DNA of Cen Yi's corpse, and seeing her expression, he asked, "Xin Xin, what are the results?"

Ma Xin tilted her face up to look at the crowd and shook her head, "It matches, yes, but there are very slight differences!"

"Differences?" Gongsun frowned, "Genetic?"

"It's not like father and son." Ma Xin handed the data to Gongsun.

Gongsun took it in his hands and compared it, and was surprised, "It's a brother!"

"Real brothers?" Zhan Zhao hurriedly asked.

"That's right."

"Then was the one who died Cen Yi or Cen Yi's brother?" Bai Chi wondered, "When I looked at Cen Yi's profile earlier, there didn't seem to be any mention of a brother in the family members section."

Bai Yutang frowned, "So someone killed Cen Yi's brother to create the illusion that Cen Yi was dead, but where is the real Cen Yi? Where did he go?"

The crowd shook their heads in bewilderment.

"I also found something." Ma Xin hooked a finger at the crowd and gestured to the forensic autopsy room for a closer look.

The crowd walked in, only to see that the autopsy on the body of Cen Yi's brother who had come out of nowhere had already been completed. Gongsun looked at the report and it was basically close to the presumed cause of death, death due to a car accident.

"What I find strange is here." Ma Xin pointed to a burn mark on the right arm of the deceased and asked, "Look, does it look familiar?"

After looking at it for a while, they all nodded and spoke in unison, "It's similar to the tattoo on Yu Xiaofeng's arm. The size is also similar, but the pattern is gone and has been replaced by a burn!"

"The burn was used to cover up the tattoo, ah, one of the very old ways of removing tattoos." Gongsun looked down, "But there's a very serious problem!"

The crowd waited for him to speak.

"I thought it was strange earlier too!" Ma Xin nodded along, joining Gongsun in examining the corpse's arm.

"What? Don't be so secretive!" Zhan Zhao urged the two with some urgency.

Just then, a woman's voice was heard from behind them, "According to the condition of the scars, the burns were caused at an early age, which means that the man already had tattoos when he was still a child."

The crowd was startled at the sound of the voice and turned around in a hurry to see two people standing in the doorway.

One the crowd knew was a yawning Yang Fan, who had finished his shift and had come unannounced for some reason.

The other, standing beside Yang Fan, was a beautiful woman, whom some people knew and some didn't, and Bai Chi called out in surprise, "Dr. Qiu?!"

The one who came was none other than Dr. Qiu Yiwen, who had lent the dental clinic to Yang Fan.

"Hi." Qiu Yiwen smiled kindly at Bai Chi as a greeting, "Are your teeth better, little rabbit?"

Bai Chi covered his cheeks in embarrassment, they were better, but the little rabbit or something...

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other – this Qiu Yiwen, why did she appear at this time?

To be honest, the SCI crowd present at this point all had the same thought – everything seemed to have started because Bai Chi had seen the two CDs, and the initial appearance of ‘Mad Doctor Town’ in the crowd's eyes began at Dr. Qiu's clinic. In other words this case started at Qiu Yiwen's, how could it be such a coincidence?

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Qiu Yiwen looked at the crowd rather helplessly and spread her hands, "I'm here with Yang Fan to report a case."

"Report a case?" Bai Yutang was surprised, "Were you attacked, or something else?"

"Well, how can I put it." Qiu Yiwen tilted her face in thought, tsked softly after a long time and shook her head, "All in all, it's hard to say."

"Let's sit down and talk in the lounge." Zhan Zhao seemed very interested in Qiu Yiwen and hurriedly guided her to the luxurious lounge next door.

Qiu Yiwen sat down on the sofa and looked around, taking the super luxurious enhanced milk tea that Bai Chi handed to her in passing, and let out a long breath, "This police station, it's really different."

Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao both sat down opposite her as the other SCI officers waited curiously at the door, all listening to the activity inside. Everyone was a little suspicious – could it be that Qiu Yiwen was Hao Ling? Plastic surgery or something?

"She has indeed had a face-lift, and a big one at that." Gongsun rubbed his chin aside and said, "You can still roughly see the previous physical and facial structure features." Saying that, he looked at the dazed Ma Xin beside him, "Does it look like that?"

After a long time, Ma Xin nodded, " I think... a bit."

Bai Yutang politely asked Qiu Yiwen, "What kind of case are you reporting?"

"Well, peeping and stalking." Qiu Yiwen answered with relative ease.

Zhan Zhao examined Qiu Yiwen, "SCI deals with major and special cases, and rarely handles these situations..."

"I know, I came because SCI has you here." Qiu Yiwen took a deep breath, "I've never had the confidence to come before, but I think I may go crazy if I keep this up. Yang Fan told me that all the problems in my head and my psyche, you can fix."

Zhan Zhao raised an eyebrow slightly – Yang Fan had helped brag about it.

"I think there's something wrong with my head." Qiu Yiwen suddenly said something that the crowd didn't quite understand.

"Which aspect do you mean?" Bai Yutang was puzzled, "You are a successful doctor, fluent in speech and quick in thought, I don't think you have any flaws."

"It's not a flaw." Qiu Yiwen smiled, "I know I am Qiu Yiwen, single, very wealthy, very skilled in medicine and run a dental clinic."

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other and said – Isn't that great? What's the problem?

"You guys might think there's no problem, but I think the problem is serious." Qiu Yiwen said feebly, "History is made up of details, and I have absolutely no memory of any details! Both of myself and others."

Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao both froze for a moment, and the SCI crowd at the entrance was also very surprised – what did this Qiu Yiwen mean?

"I know both my parents died, but surprisingly I don't have any memories of details about them, my past is a blank, only..."

"There's only an outline, isn't there?" With a word from Zhan Zhao, Qiu Yiwen raised her head and nodded vigorously, "That's right."

And at that moment, there was another person who could understand very well how Qiu Yiwen felt – Bai Jintang who was leaning against the door.

Gongsun turned back to him and subconsciously grabbed his hand.

Bai Jintang smiled faintly, with exactly the same feeling – no details, just an outline, as if someone was telling you what kind of person you were, what you had been through, but whether it was true or not, you didn't know. That feeling is very subtle, but there can be extreme insecurity, feeling like a controlled puppet.

Zhan Zhao walked up to Qiu Yiwen and said, "Excuse me." After staring into her eyes for a long time, he asked, "Other than that, are there any problems?"

"I've had a facelift." Qiu Yiwen continued to answer frankly, "It was a major cosmetic surgery, almost completely changing my face, but I have no recollection of ever having done such a thing, and what's even weirder is that I don't remember what I looked like. I don't think modern medical technology can be so advanced... To tell a joke, at one point I doubted if I had been abducted by aliens."

"Not abducted by aliens, abducted by some kind of superior person." Zhan Zhao stood up and asked, "Would you mind doing a DNA test?"

Qiu Yiwen froze and looked up at Zhan Zhao in shock for a long time, "Do you think... I'm not Qiu Yiwen?"

Zhan Zhao smiled faintly and didn't hide it, “En."

Ma Xin hurriedly went to get the tools to collect DNA, and Qiu Yiwen sat there, somewhat at a loss for words.

When Zhan Zhao stood up and walked to the door, Bai Yutang came over and asked, "Cat, she..."

Zhan Zhao whispered to Bai Yutang, "It's very strange."

"Is she faking it?" Bai Yutang asked the doubt in his mind.

"It's not pretend, so strange!" Zhan Zhao was rather amused, "She really did have her memories implanted."

Bai Yutang frowned, "How would they implant a memory? Is the other party related to Zhao Jue and the others again..."

"It can't be Zhao Jue." Zhan Zhao shook his head, somewhat disdainful, "The technique is crude and has a very limited duration. Zhao Jue chose to use a lock on Brother to block up a certain memory, and when he remembers it, he will present a warning to make him faint and physically stop his brain, which is harmless and very high level."

Bai Yutang laughed dryly twice, "It's rare to hear you praise him."

Zhan Zhao's eyes narrowed, "Who praised him, even the most advanced technique is a crime!"

Bai Yutang looked to the sky and nodded, "Go on, what about this Qiu Yiwen?"

“It’s a relatively low level technique, and I suspect that the person who implemented the mind control used certain drugs back then, or perhaps Qiu Yiwen herself was rather stimulated and not capable of thinking for herself. This technique is the same as the one used to control Kevin to kill Chen Kefeng." Zhan Zhao crossed his arms and looked into the room, where he saw Gongsun examining Qiu Yiwen.

"Cat." Bai Yutang could not figure it out, "If Qiu Yiwen really had something to do with this case, why did she come to the door voluntarily? Originally, even though we had some suspicions about her, we simply couldn't link the case to her."

"Didn't she say she was being spied on and followed?" Zhan Zhao smiled, and when he saw Gongsun come out, he asked, "How did it go?"

Gongsun whispered and told Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang, "It's very strange, Qiu Yiwen has large burns on her body, I asked her how they got here and she said she didn't know. Moreover, the burned part was treated well, and there are signs of skin grafting."

Bai Yutang laughed, "You can't even tell from the outside, I should say the skill is exquisite."

"Beyond godly skill there was also great responsibility, so to speak, someone treated her very carefully, even lovingly." With a shrug, Gongsun went off with Ma Xin to the lab for DNA testing.

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang went back, sat down opposite Qiu Yiwen and began to ask the main question.

"You said someone was disturbing you, can you be more specific?"

“En, yes." Qiu Yiwen nodded, "A month ago, some man came to my clinic to have his teeth filled, and then he came more often. I thought at first that he might be interested in me and hinted to him a few times that I wasn't interested in him, but he still came all the time and I was a bit scared because of this man. Although I never knew him, I instinctively felt some fear towards him. I have a lot of guts, I like to watch horror movies and I generally have no animosity towards people, I have seen even the most aggressive people, but only with this man, I have always felt something wrong and wanted to avoid him."

Zhan Zhao held his chin and listened carefully.

"Later, this man seemed to be drunk one day and barged into my clinic babbling and saying strange things." Qiu Yiwen was quite helpless, "Then he moved his hands and feet..."

"What strange things did he say?" Bai Yutang felt this point was more crucial.

"Well, something about knowing my secret and telling me to stop pretending, that he wouldn't tell anyone or something." Qiu Yiwen couldn't laugh or cry, "I had no idea what he was talking about, but I was alone at the clinic and he grabbed me and wouldn't let go... Luckily his friend came after him, apologised to me and dragged the man away by force."

"What did his friend look like?" From a stack of photos, Zhan Zhao pulled out the photos of the people involved in this case and placed the photos of Qin Tian and Cen Yi in front of her, asking, "Do you know these two?"

Qiu Yiwen reached out and pulled out Cen Yi's photo, "This is that man's friend, he was very friendly and came to apologise to me after saving my life. I felt a bit overwhelmed at the time because it wasn't even his fault, but he got down on his knees and apologised to me."

"You said he got down on his knees to apologise to you?" Bai Yutang was surprised.

"Yeah, it made it seem like he was the one who was drunk at the time." Qiu Yiwen laughed, "Maybe that guy was his good friend? He was worried about me suing him, I guess. I really wanted to report the guy for sexual harassment, but then I thought about it and let it go. Besides, he promised that the man would never bother me again, and he did not appear again after that."

Bai Yutang was a little suspicious when he thought of that brother of Cen Yi's, "Can you do a sketch of that man?"

"Oh, no need." Qiu Yiwen took out her cell phone from her bag, "That man was harassing me before and he even sent me a photo that he took secretly when he was with me. I thought I would use it as evidence to sue him for sexual harassment later, so I never deleted it." As she said that, she found the photo and handed it over to Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang for them to have a look.

The photo was indeed taken secretly, and the man felt quite nasty, which was different from what Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang had expected before. They thought that if he was Cen Yi's brother, then at least he had to be good looking, right? But the man looked old and lewd, could it be that they were thinking in the wrong direction?

Bai Yutang still asked Jiang Ping to search for this person.

Zhan Zhao continued to ask Qiu Yiwen, "What happened afterwards?"

"Later, although he stopped bothering me, something strange happened at home." Qiu Yiwen said, "I always felt that someone was following or spying on me. At first I thought I might be delusional, but then I found out that there were signs of someone sneaking in at home and at the clinic, and my computer had been opened, it seemed that someone had gone through my files and looked at my mail. The more I thought about it, the more unsafe I felt! Just now, after I came out of the clinic and felt that someone was following me again, I happened to pass by the hospital and remembered that Yang Fan knew you guys, so I ran in and asked for help, and he brought me here afterwards."

Everyone listening found it strange – what kind of person followed Qiu Yiwen?

Bai Yutang was even more confused. Qiu Yiwen's identity was mysterious and this accusation had no conclusive evidence, should they believe it or not? Could this be some kind of trap...

As he was wondering, Jiang Ping walked in, "I found that person."

Bai Yutang reached out and took an enlarged photo that Jiang Ping had printed out, "This kid has a record?"

“En, multiple cases of sexual harassment and an attempted sexual assault, and jailed three or four times previously" Jiang Ping crossed his arms, "And ah..."

Before he finished his words, there was a rush of footsteps outside, and they saw Ma Xin barge in, white as a sheet.

"Xin Xin?" Luo Tian and Ma Han both looked at her, "What's wrong?"

Ma Xin's eyes looked up and down Qiu Yiwen, her face full of disbelief.

Behind her followed the panting Gongsun, who also had a surprised look on his face, "What the hell?"

When he was about to ask what ghost she had seen, Ma Xin suddenly jerked the picture of the man who had harassed Qiu Yiwen out of Bai Yutang's hand, "Aiya, I know this man!"

The crowd was surprised.

Zhao Hu rubbed his chin, “Lass, you have a wide social life, you know this kind of scum too?"

"He's scum all right!" Ma Xin said seriously, "This guy was originally a doctor at our school's hospital, but he was later expelled for harassing female students and even went to jail! The point is, the one you saved from the fire at Qingshan last time, the dean of our school, was his wife!"

The crowd was astonished and instantly thought of the crazy dean who had been locked in a safe and almost roasted alive in the fire, and frowned – these people, what was the connection?

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

I have finally finished volume 3 and have begun work on volume 4! The last chapter for this volume will be uploaded on December 13th and I will start the next volume on either the 15th or the following Tuesday.

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: October 31, 2022 by Angel

Edited: November 15, 2022 by Angel

Comments

  1. I was stunned. I was sure I already posted a comment. But when I refreshed this page the comment disappeared 😱 I wonder if you see that comment cause I don't think I was dreaming posting a comment. Oh well I retype the ones that I remember.

    I think Qiu Yiwen was Hao Ling. The real Qiu Yiwen died in the plane crash. As she was an orphan from wealthy family someone used her identity to give a new life for Hao Ling.

    The talk that the plastic surgery for Hao Ling was done with love made me think of Lan Qi but he wasn't a doctor.

    I really wish he was still alive so Hao Ling could get her happy ending. But I was worried he was one of the avengers.

    This case seems like a high level of conspiracy. It could made government including a dean and 2 professors also some medical students from wealthy families involved.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter! I love to hear all of your comments.

Be sure to check back, as I always try my best to respond to every comment I receive!