S.C.I Mystery Series Volume 2 Chapter 97

Love Murderer 04 – Killer

“Cat, tired?” As Bai Yutang was driving home, he saw Zhan Zhao leaning on the car seat and rubbing his shoulders. He seemed to be very tired.

“Huh?” Zhan Zhao looked at him, “It’s just a sore neck.”

Bai Yutang parked the car in the parking lot at their apartment, and reached his hand out to rub Zhan Zhao’s shoulders, “Cat, my fingers are very flexible. I have learned massage from an expert, do you want to go back and try it?”

Zhan Zhao narrowed his eyes and glanced at him, then opened the door, “Okay, you said it yourself! You will give me a massage after I take a shower!”

Bai Yutang reached out and grabbed the cake and wine from the back seat, “We can celebrate once we get back.”

Zhan Zhao was standing by the car trying to help Bai Yutang grab something when he suddenly saw something swaying in the corridor, like the shadow of a person. He turned his face, but before he could see what was going on, he saw a figure in red staggering out.

Bai Yutang walked over to Zhan Zhao’s side and hurriedly reached out to hold him back. After a closer look, he saw a woman in a red skirt running out. The woman was not far from them, and she left a trail of blood on the ground behind her… she was heavily bleeding.

Looking at each other, Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang put their things back in the car and ran over together.

“Hello! Miss?” Zhan Zhao squatted down and took a look. He saw that the girl had been shot several times and that there was a lot of blood on the floor.

Bai Yutang took out his phone and wanted to call for an ambulance.

“No… you can’t call the police.” The woman stretched her hand out to stop Bai Yutang, but she was held down by Zhan Zhao.

“You can’t move! You are seriously injured and must go to the hospital!”

“No…” The woman shook her head, “I didn’t injure my internal organs. I can’t go to the hospital, they think that I’m dead.”

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other and asked, “They… Who are you?”

“I… I’m a killer.” The woman struggled, “The red-lipped killer that you were looking for.”

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang were shocked; the development of this incident was a little beyond their expectations.

“I have something to tell… you guys” The woman’s face was pale, and her voice was slightly trembling.

Zhan Zhao saw that her situation was not very optimistic, so he squatted down to take a closer look. She was shot in her leg, shoulder, and both arms, but it seems that the more dangerous areas were deliberately avoided. While she may be bleeding a lot, the bullet wounds were not life threatening, however, if they let her go, there would be too much blood loss and her life would be in danger.

“You said we can’t call the police.” Bai Yutang asked the woman, “Do you know who we are?”

The woman smiled miserably, “Captain Bai has a bad memory, we met this afternoon.”

Bai Yutang was taken aback. When he took a closer look, he found that it was indeed the woman from that afternoon. She looked more charming at the time, but now she looked more embarrassed.

“Xiao Bai, take her up first. Let’s take out the bullets before we talk.” Zhan Zhao said.

“How will we get the bullets?” Bai Yutang looked at Zhan Zhao with some embarrassment.

Zhan Zhao took out his phone and make a call, “Hey, Brother… How far away from the police station are you? Can you tie Gongsun up and bring him to our house in ten minutes? Bring Ma Xin too!”

On the other end of the call, Bai Jintang happily hung up the phone, turned his car around, and went to the police station to kidnap Gongsun…

Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao took off their coats, covered the woman’s wounds, carried her into the elevator, and returned to their apartment.

Sure enough, ten minutes later, the doorbell rang.

“You let go…” The door opened, and Gongsun was carried in by Bai Jintang, and was followed by a curious Ma Xin.

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other weakly.

“What are you doing? He has always been crazy, but are you two crazy now too?” Gongsun struggled to get out of Bai Jintang’s arms and glared at Bai Yutang, “I’m in the middle of an autopsy…” As he spoke, he saw the woman on the sofa.

Gongsun was dumbfounded and frowned, “You’re making trouble! Why didn’t you go to the hospital?!”

“She said that she is the red-lipped killer.” Zhan Zhao said, “She escaped and she can’t let people know that she is alive. There are very important things that she has to tell us.”

Gongsun frowned and spoke to Bai Jintang, “Have the twins bring the medical box from my room.” Then, he turned to look at Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang, “Do you have gauze or something to stop the bleeding? Oh, and go get some brown sugar water, and boil some water.”

After speaking, Gongsun walked to the woman’s side, stretched his hand out to press on the side of her neck, and raised her eyelids to check, “She has lost a lot of blood, but her internal organs and arteries were not injured.” He raised his head and spoke to Ma Xin, “Ma Xin, get ready to take the bullets out for her.”

Ma Xin nodded and left the room to wash her hands.

The woman raised her eyes to look at the people around her, smiled, and coughed, “I was lucky today, there are four good men around me.”

Bai Jintang stared at her for a while, then frowned deeply but didn’t say anything. Seeing a good bottle of wine and a cake on the table, he reached out to look at his watch, and said, “It’s eleven o’clock, you two still couldn’t celebrate your birthdays?”

Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao looked at each other helplessly. This year’s birthday was truly extraordinary.

Soon, the twins came over with the medical box. Gongsun and Ma Xin took the bullets out of the woman and stitched her wounds.

“Wow…” The twins watched and saw the woman frown slightly without saying a word. Gongsun took the bullets out one by one, and Ma Xin stitched up the wounds. There was no anesthetic, so it should have been very painful.

“Who is this?” Xiao Ding leaned forward and asked Zhan Zhao.

Zhan Zhao looked at the two, “Killer.”

“Oh…” Da Ding came over with interest, “They are so good looking!”

“En en.” Xiao Ding was also very interested, “She’s in good shape!”

It took about an hour to finally treat all of the wounds. Gongsun wrapped gauze around the wounds to stop the bleeding, and Bai Yutang brought over a basin of hot water. Ma Xin took a hot towel, carefully wiped the bloodstains off the woman’s body, and fed her some brown sugar water.

The woman opened her mouth slightly and let out a breath.

“Are you alright?” Zhan Zhao asked her.

The woman looked up at Zhan Zhao for a while, then nodded, “Thank you.”

“What’s your name?” Bai Yutang asked, “You are the red-lipped killer?”

The woman was silent for a while, then said, “My real name is Zhang Ying, and I am the former red-lipped killer.”

“Former?” Bai Yutang was a little confused.

“Can you leave a lip print here?” Gongsun picked up a sticky note and passed it to Zhang Ying, “The same lip print that you left on the cards, I will take it back and compare it to the others.”

The woman nodded, and left a lip print on the sticky note.

“Can you tell me what is going on now?” Bai Yutang sat down and asked her.

The woman looked at the crowd, “I’m a little dizzy, can I have something to eat?”

Everyone glanced at each other, and they all looked at Bai Yutang… Bai Yutang thought for a while, and looked at the cake on the table with Zhan Zhao ‘We could cut the cake, right?’

As he was thinking, he heard Zhang Ying say, “There are still five minutes until 12 o’clock, there is still time to make a wish.”

Everyone was taken aback, and they understood why Zhang Ying asked to eat at this time… She wanted to remind everyone that it was twelve o’clock so that Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang could make their birthday wish together… Involuntarily, they couldn’t help but have a good impression of Zhang Ying.

The twins lit birthday candles for the two of them. Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang usually celebrate their birthdays by themselves, it was rare to have so many people. The two made a wish and bowed their heads to blow out the candles.

The twins suddenly looked at Bai Jintang, “Big Brother, why don’t you sing them a birthday song?”

Bai Jintang glanced at the two coldly, and the two hurriedly hid behind Gongsun, complaining, “Sister-in-law, Big Brother is so fierce!” After saying that, Gongsun gave them a fierce look.

Afterwards, everyone cut the cake, sat down, and talked while eating. Ma Xin gave Zhang Ying two bites.

Zhang Ying nodded, “I killed two people in total, one was Su Mao and the other was Liu Qiang. I did not kill Qian Chongyou and the others.”

“How many others are there?” Bai Yutang was a little surprised, as they had only found three bodies so far.

“Although Qian Chongyou was also a scumbag, he was not guilty enough for death.” Zhang Ying whispered, “Oh… she developed too fast, and I can’t stop her.”

“Who?” Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other, feeling a little strange.

“My apprentice.” Zhang Ying said lightly, “Her dress is almost the same as mine, and she dresses in red. When killing someone, she leaves the same red lip mark… She was taught by me, but my original intention was to teach her how to protect herself with a gun. However, she developed into another killer, and she has killed several people now. I think she likes killing people.”

“Where did you get your injuries?” Zhan Zhao asked, “Did she do it?”

Zhang Ying shook her head, “It was another person.”

“Who?” Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang asked in unison.

“Have you found drugs at Su Mao’s house?” Zhang Ying suddenly changed the subject.

“You put the picture there on purpose?” Zhan Zhao asked, “Was it for us to find the location of the drugs?”

“En.” Zhang Ying nodded, “I know the source of the drugs and who is selling them. There is a large international smuggling gang.”

“Do you want us to destroy that gang?” Bai Yutang asked.

Zhang Ying nodded, “I have a lot of enemies in it, and I can no longer avenge myself with my own abilities, so I can only hope that you will help me.”

“They wounded you?” Zhan Zhao asked, “Why?”

“Well, I stole something.” Zhang Ying looked at Ma Xin, “On my chest, there is an SD card.”

Ma Xin was stunned for a moment, then turned around and spoke to everyone, “You men look away!”

The group looked at each other and turned their heads. Da Ding and Xiao Ding were still curious to see, but Gongsun turned their heads around.

Ma Xin opened Zhang Ying’s clothes and saw a black SD card in her bra. She took it out and spoke to everyone, “It’s okay.”

Zhan Zhao took the SD card, grabbed his laptop, inserted the SD card into the reader, and connected it to the laptop.

There were several text files on the card, all of which were accounts. They were all specific about the time and quantity of drugs entering the S City market, and included the price and details of the sale. There was also a list of names connected to sellers and purchasers. The names included celebrities, public figures, and many other people, and each had detailed records of when and how much drugs were purchased.

“Is this list valuable enough?” Zhang Ying looked at Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang.

“Who is the drug lord?” Bai Yutang asked.

“I can tell you, but you have to promise me one thing.” Zhang Ying said seriously to Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang.

“If the information on the SD card is true, then your crime of killing those two bastards will definitely be offset.” Gongsun said, “You can directly become a witness for the police.”

Zhang Ying smiled bitterly and shook her head, “No… I didn’t mean myself. I want you to prevent her from killing someone again.”

Zhan Zhao thought for a while, then asked, “The other red-lipped killer?”

“En.” Zhang Ying nodded, “It’s all my fault. I instilled bad ideas into her, but I didn’t expect… she would develop so extremely.”

“Why do you say that?” Bai Yutang asked.

“She specifically selects a man wearing a wedding ring to target. As long as she extends a little invitation, the man will go with her, then it will be a dead end for him.” Zhang Ying said helplessly, “She seems addicted to killing people. If you don’t stop her, I don’t know how many people will die.”

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other. Bai Jintang raised an eyebrow and asked, “Does she drive a red sports car?”

Zhang Ying looked up and Bai Jintang in surprise and nodded, “How did you know?”

Bai Jintang looked at the wedding ring on his hand and smiled, “It looks like I just avoided the gate of hell.”

Xiao Ding and Da Ding looked at each other and spoke at the same time, “I hate it, it’s terrible, I won’t dare to talk to pretty sisters casually in the future!”

Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao looked at each other, then looked at Bai Jintang at the same time, “Brother, did you just meet her?”

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

I don't know if I trust this lady.

As a side note, I finally got the first dose of the COVID vaccine today 🎉

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: May 21, 2021

Comments

  1. It's funny that Jintang really took Zhan Zhao's words so literally. 😂🤣 I think he got a great pleasure to kidnapped Gongsun from his work environment 🤭

    Ah so the woman that Bai Brothers met was different person. No wonder the other killer didn't bother to arranged her victim's facial expression like what Zhang Ying did.

    Zhang Ying acted to make Zhan Zhao still could celebrated his birthday gave her a plus point for me. Yet that couldn't erase that she killed people even though it was bad guys.

    Though it made me think how could she found out where Yutang and Zhan Zhao lives? And her timing was too right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Btw I almost forgot. It's good that you already got the first dose of vaccine. Because of my work, I already got vaccine too. Already got the second dose last month.

      Just remember to keep your face mask and follow health protocol. Cause we could still got Covid even though we already got vaccine. But hopefully if we git it our condition won't be as bad as the ones who still not got the vaccine.


      Keep healthy!!! 🙏🙏

      Delete
    2. I love the fact that he literally kidnapped Gongsun, but at the same time, I feel like he had no choice as Gongsun wouldn't have gone otherwise 😂😂

      I'm very confused about how I feel about Zhang Ying, she is a killer but yet she still pointed out that they could still celebrate their birthdays. I agree that her finding their place at the right time was sketchy.

      My province just recently opened the vaccine up to 18+. I was lucky to be able to get one quickly considering the fact that I am in the largest city in the province. I'll definitely continue with the other safety measures, but it's reassuring to have the first dose.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you guys think about this chapter! I love to hear all of your comments.

Be sure to check back, as I always try my best to respond to every comment I receive!