Exclusive Model for the Top Painter Chapter 44

Lost and Found Treasure


Zhang Yuanqing angrily snatched the phone and slammed it on the ground viciously, kicking Liang Jin down, "Do you want to die?"

Liang Jin looked at him with a smile: "Mr. Zhang, I am worth more alive than dead. You know about my relationship with Ji Xiuyuan, right? Do you think a person like Ji Xiuyuan would have genuine feelings for others? He is only interested in my hue and skin, he is keeping dozens of male pets like me. If you beat me up and ruin my face, he might just abandon me."

Zhang Yuanqing frowned, clearly pondering the authenticity of Liang Jin's words.

This time, he had been forced to retreat by Ji Xiuyuan during the stock market turmoil, so he had come up with such a desperate plan in the heat of the moment.

He looked at Liang Jin, and it seemed that putting everything on this person was not particularly reliable. After all, even he himself had so many lovers, so if someone kidnapped his lover and threatened him, he wouldn't care that much.

Zhang Yuanqing squeezed his temples in annoyance and ordered, "Lock him up and starve him for a few days. Remember to give some water, so that he doesn't die of thirst. I'm going back to the city first, a bunch of things are waiting and I'm getting restless."

After Zhang Yuanqing left, Liang Jin was locked up in an abandoned warehouse.

The door of the warehouse was locked with a large iron chain, and the surrounding area was bare, with nothing around.

Soon, it was night and the moonlight shone in. Liang Jin sat cross-legged on the floor, plotting how he could escape unharmed.

Ji Shen, he must be worried about him, right?

This was an old factory on the outskirts of A City. After the factory closed down at the end of the last century, it became a desolate no-man's land.

They thought that Liang Jin was a pretty boy who was powerless and could only serve others with sex, so he would not be able to make any waves. Zhang Yuanqing left only two men on guard, one at the entrance of the warehouse and the other outside the warehouse to keep watch.

On the second night, the guard at the entrance intended to bring Liang Jin some water.

One should know that one can go without food for a few days, but definitely not without water. Even without food intake, those with a good constitution could even last a month. But without water, it would be life-threatening within three days at most.

With a bottle of water in hand, he opened the iron gate. The guard glanced around, it was empty, there was no one in sight.

He rubbed his eyes. This warehouse was definitely a confined space, and there was only one exit via the iron door, there was no possibility of getting out from anywhere else!

As he was thinking about it, Liang Jin came out from behind the door, clenched his palm into a fist and struck him violently on the side of the head.

The guard was so stunned by the blow that he faltered, his body became unsteady and the plastic water bottle fell to the ground.

Before he had a chance to react further, Liang Jin grabbed him by the shoulders and struck him abruptly on the cervical vertebrae with his palm. The guard's eyes widened and he immediately passed out.

Liang Jin was a black-belt in Taekwondo and had once been taught this fainting technique in martial arts class.

A heavy punch or kick to the chin or sides of the head can quickly cause a bit of auditory nerve disorder and cause dizziness. However, if the opponent is physically stronger, it is difficult to win with a single blow. The vertebral artery and vertebral vein are located in the spine and a heavy blow will certainly cause fainting.

Liang Jin lowered him to the ground, picked up the water bottle and quickly rehydrated.

He then took off the guard's clothes and put them on himself.

Fortunately, Liang Jin found a set of car keys in his pocket. This greatly increased the chance of escape.

After changing, he turned the collar up and pulled the zipper to the top.

Liang Jin lowered his head and hid his face in the collar.

After closing and locking the door of the warehouse again, he quietly walked outside.

This was truly a no man's land, there wasn't even a street light.

Liang Jin raised his eyes and looked at the stars: Ji Shen, wait for me a little longer, I'll see you soon.

Suddenly, someone shouted at him, "Hey, hey, hey! What are you doing out here instead of guarding the warehouse door?" A man in black came towards him, "Oh, I see, are you bored and looking for me to chat with you? Hey, there's no signal in this damn place, it's annoying that I can't even swipe through TikTok, do you have signal?"

Liang Jin kept silent and kept pressing the car keys, constantly searching for the location of the car.

"Dude, why are you ignoring me?" The man in black pulled out the flashlight he had with him and shone it towards Liang Jin: "Nothing's wrong, right?"

Liang Jin's palms broke out in a cold sweat. Finally, the car lights flashed not far away, he found the car!

He quickly ran that way, opened the car door and got in.

The moment he started the car, the window was grasped by the man in black: "What are you doing? Where are you going at this time of night? Neglecting your duties? No, you're not him!!!"

Liang Jin slammed the accelerator to the floor, and the dilapidated second-hand car let out a terrifyingly violent roar in the silence of the night, bursting away like a bullet.

The man in black was knocked to the ground, cursing under his breath. He ran wildly in the direction of his own car, got in, started the engine and was in hot pursuit behind Liang Jin.

His cell phone had been confiscated, there was no signal, and the broken car had no navigation system, so Liang Jin could only keep driving forward.

In the rear-view mirror, the distance between the two cars was shrinking.

Until Liang Jin saw a sign marking a right turn: A City, 10km.

Great! Liang Jin steered to the right and the tyres grazed against the ground with a harsh screech.

The car was going so fast that the speedometer exploded, startling other cars on the same road into honking their horns

Not knowing if the man in black had called his accomplices, more and more of the cars behind him became suspicious as he drove into the city.

Having managed to escape, Liang Jin did not want to fall into their hands again.

If he was trapped again, it would be impossible to escape.

While he was concentrating on his strategy, there were red and blue flashing lights in the distance, with the words 'A City Police Station' in big neon letters.

With a sudden flash of inspiration, Liang Jin turned the steering wheel slightly to the right, and when he passed the police station, he accelerated abruptly and directly crashed into the security booth at the entrance.

All of a sudden, the alarm went off and several policemen with guns came out from inside.

Liang Jin rolled down the window and held up his hands: "Don't misunderstand! I'm here to report a crime!"

———

After registering the specific information, describing in detail the process of being kidnapped and making a record of his statement, Liang Jin impatiently requested, "Can I call my family and tell them I'm safe?"

After receiving permission, Liang Jin went to the reception room and dialled the number he knew by heart on the landline in the corner.

The beeping sounded for a long time, and just as Liang Jin was about to hang up and redial, his voice rang out, "Hello? Who is it?"

There was an obvious tiredness in his tone, and Liang Jin was a little distressed as he said, "Ji Shen, it's me."

"Xiao Jin?" The voice on the other end of the line trembled, "How are you?"

"I'm fine, come and pick me up."

"Where... are you?"

"At the police station, I escaped on my own. Inside the car I stole, there's incriminating evidence of the deal between them, he'll definitely go to jail for this!"

"Xiao Jin, wait for me where you are."

"Mhmm. I miss you."

"Be good and wait for me."

"Ji Shen, there is a saying that goes like this: only when a person is in danger can the truest emotions of his heart be made clear. I have only had one thought in my head since yesterday, do you know what it is?" Liang Jin paused for a moment and whispered: "I love you, I love you very much."

———

In the lobby of the reception room, as the hands of the electronic clock turned to midnight, Ji Xiuyuan appeared in his sight.

Liang Jin rose from his cold, silver seat and smiled at him.

Without a word, Ji Xiuyuan quietly approached and wrapped him tightly in his arms. The force was so great that it was as if he wanted to merge the man into his own body.

Liang Jin complained softly, "Ji Shen, I'm going to suffocate."

Ji Xiuyuan didn't have the slightest intention of letting go and whispered in his ear, "I'm sorry, it was negligence on my part. In the future, it won't happen again."

Liang Jin stroked his back, "What are you apologising for, I'm fine now, aren't I?"

"I'm sorry, for making you suffer."

"So you have to make it up to me, it's been so long since I've eaten, I'm so hungry. You have to make extra food tonight!"

"Mmm." Still holding him, Ji Xiuyuan softly whispered to him, "Xiao Jin, what you confessed on the phone just now, I want to hear it again, is that okay?"

Liang Jin teased, "What confession, was there such a thing? I don't remember!"

"You said that only when a person is in danger can the truest emotions of his heart become clear. Although I wasn't in danger, for the first time in my life, I felt afraid."

"This kind of fear is different from all previous experiences."

"Whether it was the difficulties of being in a foreign country, or the hardships of business, or even the bottlenecks in painting. It all becomes a trivial matter compared to it."

"Art, wealth or anything else. Without you, it would all mean nothing."

"I've never had such a strong fear. I only know that from now on, without you, I will lose the courage to continue living."

"I love you more than life," Ji Xiuyuan earnestly looked into his eyes, "Xiao Jin, this is my response to your confession."

Liang Jin interlocked his fingers with his and urged, "Ji Shen, let's hurry home. I want to eat something, take a shower, and then have sex with you. The kind that happens many, many times in a row."

No sooner had the words left his lips than the untimely sound of footsteps came from down the hall.

Wen Di and an officer were coming towards them.

Wen Di had long been immune to their affectionate behaviour, but the poor young officer was blushing.

Holding a stack of papers, Wen Di reported, "Director Ji, the formalities are all done, and I will follow up with Officer Zhao on subsequent matters."

Officer Zhao waved a form in his hand and said to Liang Jin, "Please sign here, and you can go."

On the way back, Wen Di drove and Ji Xiuyuan and Liang Jin sat in the back seat.

Liang Jin pinched Ji Xiuyuan's chin and said in amazement, "Ji Shen, you've actually grown a beard!"

"Hmm? Have I? It's probably because I've been rather busy these past two days and didn't care."

Wen Di interjected, "What do you mean by busy? He was up all night. He hasn't even closed his eyes, let alone shaved. Why else would I come and be a third wheel? In his current condition, he'd be a proper fatigued driver."

"Ah, then we'll go to bed right away!"

"No, we just agreed, many times in a row."

"Is that okay?"

"Do you want to?"

"Yes."

"Mhmm, we'll go to sleep when we're done."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: June 25, 2023

Comments