Exclusive Model for the Top Painter Chapter 40

Tender, Overflowing Pampering


The surrounding scene became blurred, his senses dulled and darkness enveloped him.

It seemed like a long time, yet it seemed like only a moment.

In his ears was the noise of a crowd gathering, and someone shouting in an emotional voice.

It was so noisy.

"If anything happens to my brother, I'll blow up this shitty gym of yours right now!"

"Brother, Brotheeer, can you hear me? Brother, Brother??"

Liang Jin tried his best to open his eyes and his first words were, "Keep your voice down..."

"Brother!!! You're awake!!!" Shu Yue's voice increased tenfold.

Liang Jin regained consciousness and the harsh light that shone on him was unbearable: "Mhmm, how long have I been out?"

"About ten seconds or so, luckily you woke up, you scared me to death!!!" The corners of Shu Yue's eyes were red: "What if you really, I... bah bah bah bah, it's good that you're okay. Let me help you backstage to rest a bit, okay? Zhou Hai has gone to call an ambulance."

"An ambulance?" Liang Jin was speechless, "It's not necessary, is it?"

"Of course it's necessary!" Shu Yue said, "Now that he and I are on the same side, we'll tie you up and take you to the hospital"

A City Medical University Hospital, the ward.

The nurse hooked a bag of glucose up to Liang Jin, Zhou Hai was talking to the doctor on the side, and Shu Yue sat beside the hospital bed and warmly asked him, "Brother, how are you feeling now?"

"I'm really fine," Liang Jin felt that it was a fuss to be hooked up to fluids here, "Can I go home after this bag?" He looked at his phone, Ji Xiuyuan was already pressing him.

Shu Yue peeked at the contents of the text message and snatched his phone away, "You don't intend to hide this from sister-in-law, do you? No no, I'll inform him for you."

"Shu Yue, I'm warning you, don't do anything rash! Otherwise I'll beat you up!"

Shu Yue stuck out his tongue and made the phone call straight away.

Almost instantly, Ji Xiuyuan's gentle voice came from the other end, "Xiao Jin?"

"Ah, ahem, that, hello, I'm his cousin, Shu Yue."

There was a momentary pause on the other side of the phone, and his tone became clearly unpleasant: "Where is he?"

Even though he was just listening to his voice, Shu Yue felt his hair stand on end and stammered, "He-he-he...  came to see my concert today, and then got rather emotional, or maybe it was because the venue was too noisy, or..."

"Where is he?"

"... The hospital."

"Send me the address."

"Oh okay." Shu Yue wanted to continue talking, but the other side had already hung up indifferently.

He handed the phone back to Liang Jin: "Brother, this sister-in-law has a bit of a temper, can you handle it?"

Liang Jin looked at him with a smile, "Remember this, after we get out of here, I will beat you up."

Ten minutes later, Zhou Hai finished talking with the doctor and came over.

Shu Yue asked, "Doctor, is my brother alright?"

The doctor, a middle-aged man wearing glasses, flipped through the examination report and said slowly, "According to the examination results, there's no major issue. All the indicators are normal, and overall he looks relatively healthy."

Shu Yue later, "Then why did he faint?"

The doctor's face was stern and his words were earnest: "You young people, you like to mess around just because you are young and have good health. Tell me yourself, have you had a good rest recently? Have you been staying up late a lot? Are you always tossing and turning in the middle of the night?"

Liang Jin thought of something and his ears reddened: "It seems like..."

The doctor sighed again and said, "Lack of sleep, excessive work pressure, mental tension, and prolonged exposure to electronic products can all trigger this kind of brief fainting spell. Your body is the capital of the revolution, give yourself a break and rest for a while." (Angel: Your body is the capital of the revolution is a famous saying by Mao Zedong which means that the prerequisite for action is to have a good physique.)

At this moment, the door of the room was suddenly pushed open and Ji Xiuyuan walked in from outside.

As soon as he entered, his gaze locked on Liang Jin. Liang Jin felt sheepish as he was stared at: Ji Shen seems to be angry!

Ji Xiuyuan glanced at Shu Yue by the bedside, who immediately stood up under his gaze: Should I not be here? Sister-in-law is so scary!!!

Directly ignoring Zhou Hai, Ji Xiuyuan walked over to the doctor and politely asked, "Hello, I am Mr. Liang Jin's family, may I ask what his specific situation is?"

The doctor repeated what he had just said and added, "He can be discharged after the drip is finished, make sure to be careful with his work and rest these days."

After the doctor left, the atmosphere in the room was frighteningly sombre.

It was late autumn, but for some reason, it was as if they were in a cold winter month.

Liang Jin coughed: "Is the air conditioning on? Why does it feel a bit cold?"

Shu Yue yelled, "Let me check, ah, it's not on, the air conditioner is not on!" He took the opportunity to move to the door, not forgetting to take Zhou Hai, who was standing by the side, "Boss, I suddenly remembered that I still have an account to settle, hurry hurry hurry, let's go back to the office and work overtime! Time is money, efficiency is life! Brother, we'll go first."

Liang Jin: ......

The eyesore of a light bulb had finally gone. This cousin was quite perceptive, Ji Xiuyuan was quite satisfied with his performance.

He walked over to Liang Jin and asked in a low voice, "It's only been a short while since I've seen you, how come you're in the hospital again?"

"What do you mean again? Do I often go to the hospital?"

"Don't you?"

"Didn't I just get into a fight with Zhang Xuan once?"

"There's more."

"Oh, you mean the time you acted bravely at the subway station? How long ago was that, I forgot."

"But I haven't forgotten." Ji Xiuyuan came closer, leaned down and kissed him on the forehead, "Sometimes I really want to lock you up and keep you at home."

"Just lock me up, there's always two days off a week!"

"You're... willing?"

"Why not? Anyway, with you serving me personally, I don't have to worry about food or clothes, and I don't have to work."

"Xiao Jin, I'll take it seriously."

Liang Jin sat up from the hospital bed, put his right arm around Ji Xiuyuan's shoulders, and pressed him to the head of the bed: "I haven't seen you for a whole day, I miss you, let me kiss you first!"

Ji Xiuyuan smiled softly and said, "Xiao Jin, in this position, kissing is a bit difficult."

"Then you come up here?" Liang Jin moved to the side, "And then I'll sit on your lap?"

"Xiao Jin, do you know what you're talking about?"

"Don't talk nonsense, are you coming or not?"

Ji Xiuyuan's eyes darkened a little and he straddled the hospital bed.

Liang Jin sat in his arms and leaned close to kiss him.

As the two of them were inseparable, the door was suddenly pushed open and a young nurse looked at them with a red face, helpless: "Sorry... excuse me!!! The patient needs to have his IV removed!"

Liang Jin violently pushed Ji Xiuyuan away, and his face turned even redder than the little nurse's: "O-o-o-okay!"

Ji Xiuyuan laughed quietly and licked his lips before calmly getting off the bed and standing to the side.

He smiled at the nurse, his expression extremely decent and dignified, as if nothing strange had just happened at all: "Sorry to trouble you."

The young nurse approached Liang Jin excitedly, trembling as she pulled out the IV, and after gathering her things, she added in a soft voice, "I'm sorry to interrupt you, I'm leaving, you can continue."

Liang Jin: ????

———

After returning home from the hospital, Ji Xiuyuan took the liberty of suspending all of Liang Jin's job offers on the pretext of recuperating from his illness.

Liang Jin's career had only just taken off and was on the rise, how could he take a break just as his career was on fire? And it was an entire month of compulsory time off!

When he asked Ji Xiuyuan for an explanation, Ji Xiuyuan patiently listened to his list of n reasons, nodding his head from time to time in agreement. Finally, when his mouth was dry, he summed it up succinctly: "Xiao Jin, what you say is very reasonable. But it's not negotiable, you have to listen to the doctor."

"So I've spoken for half an hour for nothing??"

"How so?" Ji Xiuyuan looked him in the eyes sincerely, "The most important thing between lovers is communication, and I'm very happy that you could tell me so much."

"The problem is that it's useless to say anything at all, okay! Will you listen to me?"

"I can promise you anything you want," Ji Xiuyuan still looked at him with unparalleled sincerity, "except this."

Having failed in his resistance, Liang Jin gave up completely, "Then tell me, what am I doing at home this month? Eat, sleep and play games?"

"I've made an appointment for you to have a full physical examination tomorrow morning, and the day after that I'll take you to the A City Institute of Health and Nutrition to customise a professional menu for you. There will also be one-on-one consultations with a private doctor for the next two days, and based on his advice, some physiotherapy-related services will be booked for you."

Liang Jin: "... I'd rather eat, sleep and play games."

"Speaking of which, you are not allowed to be overly exposed to electronic devices for a month starting from today." Ji Xiuyuan said, "I've reset the villa's network so that all your electronic devices will automatically be disconnected if they are connected to the internet for more than an hour."

"???? No, no, no, I strongly disagree with this! I'll go crazy without the internet!"

Ji Xiuyuan pondered seriously for a while, "Xiao Jin, do you like islands?"

"I do."

"Then how about this, in a couple of days we'll go to the Maldives for a holiday." Ji Xiuyuan rubbed his hair, "It'll keep you away from electronics without being boring. How about that?"

A holiday!

An island holiday!

Fantastic!

Liang Jin smiled as he wrapped his arms around Ji Xiuyuan's neck and kissed him on the cheek, "Okay! I love holidays! Ji Shen's decisions are always so wise and brilliant! I absolutely support it!"

At 9 o'clock in the evening, Liang Jin, an internet addict who was restricted from accessing the internet, could only sit on the floor and play with Lego bricks. Oh and also, Lego robots and Lego toy race cars.

Liang Jin suspected that Ji Xiuyuan had bought him a deluxe set of Lego for children, but regardless, it was really fun.

As he was concentrating on building the 'Minecraft' scene with the bricks, there was a low chuckle in his ear and Ji Xiuyuan put his arm around him and said, "So engrossed?"

"Yes, yes, don't laugh!" Liang Jin was holding a small brick, "I'll finish it soon!"

"Go take a shower first, you can play later."

"Why? Isn't it only nine o'clock?"

"The doctor said you need to rest early."

"Nine o'clock is too early!"

Ji Xiuyuan lowered his voice: "There are other things to do later."

Liang Jin suddenly realised, "But Ji Shen, didn't the doctor suggest that I shouldn't overexert myself?"

Ji Xiuyuan said with a straight face, "Moderate physical communication is good for releasing stress, Xiao Jin, I won't let you get too tired. If we start early, we can finish early, hmm?"

Why is it not okay to play games, but okay for him to do this and that if he wants to?

That's too much of a double standard!

Liang Jin pinched Ji Xiuyuan's face, "You have to promise! Make a note! Sign and seal it!"

"Okay," Ji Xiuyuan said, "I'll sign it on the bed later."

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Previous Chapter | TOC | Next Chapter

Translator Notes

Please feel free to comment any mistakes I made so I can improve and do better as I go through the book.

Translated: June 14, 2023

Comments